Zombie Attack

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

This is going to be very nice ;P
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Hey cool, the reloading animations are pretty sweet. Your idea to fore-go scrolling and center the character seems like a good one to me.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Art_of_camelot

Post by Art_of_camelot »

Glad that your calc is fixed and work on this is progressing again. :)
Projects:
Projects:TBA-Soonish. :)
Updated 5/3/12
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

It's been a really long time since I updated this, but I finally got enough done to be worth warranting a media release...

Zombie getting knocked down (also stands for death), plus getting back up if he wasn't dealt lethal damage:

A whole bunch of side inventory items I made in one pic as a collage:

How the inventory will look in game (with the game field in the middle, and the player will be in the middle of that middle):

Went and edited the arm of the shotgun pump cause it looked kinda withered instead of pumping...:

Crawling zombie, with an animation order going 1,2,3,2,1,... until it dies, in which it displays 4 (numbered left to right):

I also went and tried the engine with 4 directions, but I still haven't found a way that is optimized enough at the speed. If I can't seem to get it there, it will probably require me to either learn ASM or some other language for the calc to do it, or find somebody else willing to program it in ASM...
Main Projects:
Zombie Attack: 20%

Side Projects:
???-25%

Staff member of Hikaru Rakuen Programming.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

I would love to see this happen, hope you find a way! :D
Art_of_camelot

Post by Art_of_camelot »

Hey, lookin nice. The "crawling zombie" kinda looks like he's at a concert "raisin tha roof". =P
Projects:
Updated 5/3/12
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

nice!

is it xlib atm, or is it still in the planning stage? either way, I really like the sprites and concept
Image Image Image
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

I guess I was in kind of a hurry when I posted those pictures, that I forgot to explain what the inventory stuff is about.

Obviously, on the left side is your health bar. The right side will track how much ammo is currently left in your gun/how many special items you have left. The bottom square image in the middle of the assortment is supposed to represent a claymore mine, since I can't really come up with a better image yet. The box with the cross on it will be a medpack, for a quick emergency boost. The knife will be another version of a claymore mine, except that you must have it equipped, as well as face the direction you are going to use it, and wait for the zombie to get within biting range, where it will automatically activate and stab the zombie in the head, killing it immeadiately.

I am probably going to have to either find a programmer (after getting all of the sprites done first), or learn a new language, because the xlib based engine just isn't cutting it. The only way I might be able to get it to work is if I could have some sort of sprite priority layering command to take over about 2/3 of the screen drawing, but it still might run too slow, especially if I want other features as well. I guess i'll see if I can try understanding ASM, or, lacking that, deciphering the FastRPL tutorials.

Also, final news is that the 84+SE is, in my mind, officially shot. I've tried everything I can think of to get it to work, and all seems to have failed. Maybe some program corrupted the saferam area for good, maybe some dirt got into an area I can't see (even had a more hardware savvy friend open it up and look to see if anything was wrong, and he couldn't spot it), or something else. Anyway, it means I will probably find a way to get a cable for my 83+, and try to make it on that.
Main Projects:

Side Projects:
???-25%

Art_of_camelot

Post by Art_of_camelot »

I'd hate to see you out all the money for your 84. What exactly is it that that the 84 is (or is not) doing ? When did it start ? Did you do anything that directly cause the malfuncion(program crashing, droping the calc, ect?)
Projects:
Updated 5/3/12
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

Art_of_camelot wrote:I'd hate to see you out all the money for your 84. What exactly is it that that the 84 is (or is not) doing ? When did it start ? Did you do anything that directly cause the malfuncion(program crashing, droping the calc, ect?)
Well, it happened about 1 year ago. It has been switching between working and suddenly clearing RAM, scrambling screen and clearing RAM, and clearing RAM and turning off (repeatedly). It started really being crappy about the time that I had Greyscale Minesweeper on my calc (which I ran through MirageOS, while xLIB was installed in the background as I haven't had a problem with it before like that).
Main Projects:

Side Projects:
???-25%

Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

Floodkiller wrote: I guess i'll see if I can try understanding ASM, or, lacking that, deciphering the FastRPL tutorials.
good thing this forum is probably the highest concentration of asm programmers :)

just ask if you need help understanding anything in ASMin28.
Image Image Image
Art_of_camelot

Post by Art_of_camelot »

That's a pretty odd problem, I've never heard of anything quite like that happening . Very odd indeed.
Projects:
Updated 5/3/12
JoostinOnline

Post by JoostinOnline »

I know that xLib and MirageOS are not compatible with each other (it has something to do with the SafeRAM IIRC), so could that be what caused the problem?
"Macs are the Perfect Computers", said the Perfect Idiot.
Testing for:
Vera
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

It is most likely the problem, but it could have been another program as well..It is the case of the safe ram though, it states messed up things will happen if you try to use Mirage with xLibs hooks installed (in the readme). Anyways, FastRPL would be a upgrade, but if you are going to learn a whole new suite then just go with Asm :P..
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

Alright then, it seems unanimous that I should learn ASM, so it shall be that. Though I will most likely finish all the sprites up first, that way somebody else can use them if I end up never finishing this. Of course, my teachers have decided once more that it is project time, and have dumped about 3 different projects on me, each due at the same time in about 3 weeks :(. So both will probably be delayed.

And yea, I've had TI tell me it is a prob with the saferam, I have had my friends tell me it is a prob with the saferam, and yet again more confirmations of saferam corruption. I guess it was bound to happen with me using my calc for gaming and programming, but I would have hoped to learn my lesson on my 83+, and not my 84+SE (not to mention the warranty having expired on it D:). Oh well, lesson learned (expensive one at that) unless somebody I know can tell me how to fix it hardware-wise by replacing it.
Main Projects:

Side Projects:
???-25%