Zombie Attack

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

When I think of somebody gettin hit by a shotgun I like to think of a body exploding into a thousand pieces. Yay for doom.
jimmothy

Post by jimmothy »

Floodkiller wrote:Thanks for the comments!

@tr1p1ea: I am not sure if I may do scenery except for maybe on the edge of the screen. I am already contemplating the fact that, because of the extra space due to having to use 8 pixels at a time per length, I may have to OR the sprites onto the field so that the white doesn't overlap them. If I add grass, that may make trouble with some interfering with sprites (unless you can suggest something for that). I may make trees on the edge of the screen, but my main priority first is to finish the character sprites.
do you know how to mask yet? i could explain or you could look at the xlibguru masking section here-> http://xlib.revsoft.org/index.php?title=Masked_Sprites but thats exactly what would clear up that problem.
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

Yes, I know about masking and how to do it, but what I am afraid of is that, if I use masking for 9 sprites, thats 18 commands just to display the characters, not even firing weapons, reloading, and all that stuff.

Also, I may make a decapitation sprite so that it can be just slightly more entertaining for blowing a zombies brains out :D.
Main Projects:
Zombie Attack: 20%

Side Projects:
???-25%

Staff member of Hikaru Rakuen Programming.
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

New sprites done, uploading them soon...

Edit: Still transferring pics to the comp. The pics are: diagonal zombie; shotgun with pump, fire, and reload; diagonal pistol fire and reload (possibly, I forgot if I finished it on my 83+).
Main Projects:

Side Projects:
???-25%

Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

Shotty in normal, firing, and reloading (view reloading from right image in)

Zombie Diagonal (can't seem to get the mouth in this one, so ill take the one off the other one.)

My calc is still crashing, and I lost the pistol diagonal reload data, so I will have to redo that, plus get down the shotgun's diagonal data. If it continues to crash, I may have to opt for writing out the code on the computer or (if I find my old I/O cable) on my TI-83+.
Main Projects:

Side Projects:
???-25%

Art_of_camelot

Post by Art_of_camelot »

I know you said earlier in this thread that you originally had zombies react to being shot but you took it out due to the fact that a mindless flesh eating zombies wouldnt be bothered by bullets and Keep commin at ya :D . I do agree as the undead hunger for the flesh can be VERY strong but I would like to suggest that if you hit a zombie with a shotgun blast that doesnt incapacitate the said zombie it should at least knock the zombie backward a significant amount. :)
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

Yea, I got that all planned out now.
Pistol knockback is going to be variable to how much power you have got behind the pistol. Upgrades and different types of pistols would be able to put more knockback behind the pistol, but the zombie will not have an animation for getting knocked back, only pushed back.

Shotgun knockback will rely on the distance to the zombie as well as the power of the shotgun. The shotgun, however, will have much more knockback as the enemy gets closer, but decapitation increases as range gets closer as well, thus making it less likely that you will see the zombie get knocked back really far. However, if the zombie is not decapitated, I will try to make some graphics for having it hit the ground, then get up.
Main Projects:

Side Projects:
???-25%

Art_of_camelot

Post by Art_of_camelot »

Sounds great!, Can't wait to give it a try. :D
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

I have always wanted to see such a game, being on calc is a bonus :)
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

Almost reconstructed the diagonal pistol reload, that should be up soon.

Having a bit of trouble with the shotgun diagonal, the arm just looks too big. I'll post a pic of that as well so maybe a real artist could help me :(.

Also, putting back in the hit animation from the pistol zombie hit, and now it is being used as the shotgun zombie hit

Finally, a beta for all those who want to try this, when I finish all the artwork for sprites and manage to get a bit of coding done without the RAM clearing (which is now making me quite angry, considering how everything, including xLIB and all apps, are off my calc).
Main Projects:

Side Projects:
???-25%

Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

Expect animated screenshots soon :).
Main Projects:

Side Projects:
???-25%

Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

Sorry, I guess by soon, I mean that in "developer" terms :).

Anyway, I'll add the animated versions of some of the earlier screenies so that the series of pictures makes sense. They should be up when I get home today, if I don't run into any obstacles with that.

I finally came up with another enemy type: a crawling zombie. He will move, hopefully, about 1.5 times as fast as a normal zombie will walk, making him much more lethal. I might also add a type of zombie that can crawl up from the ground in front of you, but my graphical ability to do that remains to bee seen.

As for the flameburst replacement, I will try to get about 3 types into gameplay. The first, a claymore mine, should be available in the demo. Your character can set it in front of him in any direction he wishes (so long as one doesn't already exist there) and be able to take out any zombie that gets out of his grasp.

As for the whole idea of scrolling view, I scrapped it for being either too jaggy with gameplay, or for being too slow. Instead, it will just be a stationary view with your character in the center. I may later, however, try to add a sort of darkness round system into it in which your point of view will be limited to a sort of flashlight view of the direction you are looking.

As for my 84+SE, I finally fixed it from crashing. It seems the problem all along is that the backup battery was missing from the case from when it first died on me. I guess the smallest things can be overlooked :(. Anyway, as soon as I get a new battery for it, I should be back to stable coding with xLIB again, and be able to put together the beta that I already have going on my 83+.
Main Projects:

Side Projects:
???-25%

Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

Re-release of the animations:

Full cycle shotgun (straight)

Full cycle pistol (straight)
Main Projects:

Side Projects:
???-25%

Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

nice sprites :)
Image Image Image
trevmeister66

Post by trevmeister66 »

Looking good, can't wait to try this out.