Doors CS 6.1

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Doors CS 6.1

Post by KermMartian »

Please start HERE

The culmination of over fourteen months of hard work, Doors CS 6, a new shell and GUI for TI-83+/TI-84+ graphing calculators, is now available. Doors CS 6 brings ease-of-use, a mouse-based GUI, folders, networking, and more to your calculator. Run almost every filetype, including MirageOS, Ion, BASIC, ASM, and Doors CS programs. Extreme expandability and functionality for users and developers, plus a large and devoted support community. Check out the full feature list:

» With an integrated GUI API and Associated Program system, Doors CS programs can be smaller, faster, and better-looking than those for any other shell.
» Navigating Doors CS is easy if you’ve ever used a computer. Forget complicated menus and obscure keyboard shortcuts; instead use an intuitive mouse cursor to move and click on onscreen items.
» No need to juggle multiple shells such as MirageOS, Ion, and even the TI-OS itself: Doors CS can run all their files and many more.
» Tired of slowly searching through your program list? Organize your programs and files into nestable folders, then scroll quickly to the program you want.
» With CALCnet2, a built-in feature of Doors CS, you can connect two or more calculators together for chatting, multiplayer gaming, and more.
» If you’ve ever lost valuable projects to RAM Clears from bugs in other programs, you’ll be happy to discover Doors CS’s rock-solid stability. With Intelligent Writeback, your archived programs are only updated in Archive when changes have been made to the program itself, thus saving wear and tear on your Archive and drastically reducing Garbage Collection messages.
» Doors CS 6, your way: customize everything from your mouse speed and cursor to your desktop background. You can also install small modules called SEs to further extend the features and capabilities of Doors CS.
» Never get frustrated again with a question or problem; just visit the helpful Cemetech support forum and any of over five hundred members will be happy to assist.

Image Download: Doors CS 6.0
Image Digg It! Digg Article
Image More Info: Doors CS Wiki
Image View: More Screenshots

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by KermMartian on Wed 20 Jun, 2007 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image Image
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

It's an impressive shell, no doubt about that. :) Well done!
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

benryves wrote:It's an impressive shell, no doubt about that. :) Well done!
Thanks, Ben, glad to hear you say that. :)
Image Image Image
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

I can't actually download the latest version, though. Clicking on the link results in a 0-byte response.
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

benryves wrote:I can't actually download the latest version, though. Clicking on the link results in a 0-byte response.
What browser?
Image Image Image
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

I initially tried it in both Opera 9 and IE7, just tried it in Firefox 1.5 to make sure. No go in any of them.
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

benryves wrote:I initially tried it in both Opera 9 and IE7, just tried it in Firefox 1.5 to make sure. No go in any of them.
Fixed. Stupid error on my part.
Image Image Image
Dragonwarrior333

Post by Dragonwarrior333 »

Looks really good but something about the mouse pointer looks funny..... :?
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

When's Timendus coming to tell me how much I suck? :D

In case anyone is curious why exactly I think you should use Doors CS over other shells, take a look at Document DE. Weighing in at under 900 bytes and demonstrating the power of Doors CS, this full-featured text editor allows you to create, view, save, and open text files within an attractive and intuitive GUI interface. With Doors CS 6's associated program feature, you can open files from Doors CS without having Document DE 6 open. Also, keep in mind this took me a mere three days, maybe five hours of work total, to create, with the libraries Doors CS 6 offers.

Download
Image Document DE 6

Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Delnar_Ersike
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Delnar_Ersike »

Hmmm...900 bytes for a program that lets you type stuff in a fancy way...not my deal unless it can be archived or packed into DCS6 if there is some extra space on the last app page.
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

Not only that, but you can also transfer documents to and from your computer:

http://www.cemetech.net/projects/docde6

(Also, there's precisely 253 bytes free in all of DCS)
Image Image Image
Halifax
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Halifax »

DocDe is perfect and you can run it archived. I actually wrote a whole 4 page outline in DocDe 6 while I was in school, then I snuck into the library 8th period and converted it to .txt and formatted it out and crap, and then on to 9th period where I handed in my outline :). This all happened today. So I would say DocDE is worth the 900 bytes of archives that it takes up.
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

Halifax wrote:DocDe is perfect and you can run it archived. I actually wrote a whole 4 page outline in DocDe 6 while I was in school, then I snuck into the library 8th period and converted it to .txt and formatted it out and crap, and then on to 9th period where I handed in my outline :). This all happened today. So I would say DocDE is worth the 900 bytes of archives that it takes up.
Sweeeet! Glad that it's helpful. I actually did the same thing with some classnotes for semiconductor physics.
Image Image Image
elfprince13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by elfprince13 »

Dragonwarrior333 wrote:Looks really good but something about the mouse pointer looks funny..... :?
its editable under the options menu, so you can make your own ;)
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

I tried Doors CS, and I have to say it looks impressive. However, I will probably not be using it because the GUI is a tad unpractical (only 6 things on the screen at once and mouse control takes some getting used to) and it takes a whopping 32K, where MirageOS and CrunchyOS take only 16K.

Just my 2 cents, definitely not meant as a flame.