Emulator

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

what are you talking about? do you have any idea how many ASM programmers are gathering at UTI and Omnimaga? More accurately, the ASM population is starting to go up a lot.
Image Image Image
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

leofox wrote:
kv83 wrote:Nice, but atm I don't see any advantage to PTI?
pure win32 code for an efficient gui
That's right! It has GUI!

Seriously though. What's the use of all them fancy programming tools coming out when fewer and fewer people are actually coding.
I don't see any GUI in the video, except almost the same as with PTI :)
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Will you provide an interface (such as CoBB's stdio interface) to control it externally?

I ask as I'm thinking of tying an emulator more tightly into Brass/Latenite, and not being able to write back data to the emulator, only read the status, is a bit of a spanner in the works.

I've written my own Z80 core for a SMS/GG emulator and will probably start by tying that in, but frankly don't want to have to write another TI emulator. ;)
anykey
Extreme Poster

Post by anykey »

leofox wrote:
kv83 wrote:Nice, but atm I don't see any advantage to PTI?
pure win32 code for an efficient gui
That's right! It has GUI!

Seriously though. What's the use of all them fancy programming tools coming out when fewer and fewer people are actually coding.
Because tools make things easier, and people would be more likely to pick up asm if it wasn't so freaking hard.
I think, therefore iMac
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

kv83 wrote:I don't see any GUI in the video, except almost the same as with PTI :)
You seem rather defensive.

Will you provide an interface (such as CoBB's stdio interface) to control it externally?
Can't say its a priority right now, but it is something to think about.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Jim e wrote:
kv83 wrote:I don't see any GUI in the video, except almost the same as with PTI :)

Sure does, And I do prefer the layout of CoBB's and not the actual calc..Looking good!
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Jim e wrote:
Sorry, that sounds like a really stupid request from my point; if you're writing your own developent tools why would you want other people to hook into them with their own 'rival' ones? :)

Best of luck with the project.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Jim e wrote:
I can't see where?

How about answering my questions :P
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

kv83 wrote:How about answering my questions :P
what questions?

The gui is there and its growing rather quickly.

Yesterday I just got variable importing and sending working, and Spencer plugged it in to drag and drop. He worked it out so you can dnd several files at once currently. So thats working nicely.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Cool, whats left to do on the emulation side of things?
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Jim e wrote:
kv83 wrote:How about answering my questions :P
what questions?

The gui is there and its growing rather quickly.

Yesterday I just got variable importing and sending working, and Spencer plugged it in to drag and drop. He worked it out so you can dnd several files at once currently. So thats working nicely.
The questions was (more or less), what's difference compared to PTI... just wonderin why you guys decided to do this project? (For learning porpuse or something else? Tired of waiting for PTI? :P) It's an honest question, don't want to sound rude or anything
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

Spencer needs better debugging tools for Zelda? sounds like a good enough reason to me.

I think the goal of this emu is for more debugging features.

And what's wrong w/ more emulators? Nobody complained about having so many assemblers.
Image Image Image
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Liazon wrote:Spencer needs better debugging tools for Zelda?
I think this is the basic reason.
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

tr1p1ea wrote:Cool, whats left to do on the emulation side of things?
Other models. Since the 83+ has everything the lower models have its mostly just copy paste with some mild hack here and there. The 83+SE I just need support link assist, timers, and md5. The 84, is the clock and a mock of a disconnected usb.

Emulation side of things should finish up quickly, then theres the other stuff thats really interesting like images, gif, sound and anything that I haven't thought of yet.

I haven't learned win32 code yet so hopefully I can learn something along the way.
The questions was (more or less), what's difference compared to PTI... just wonderin why you guys decided to do this project? (For learning purpose or something else? Tired of waiting for PTI? ) It's an honest question, don't want to sound rude or anything
PTI probably won't support higher models. For me, I like this stuff. It's hardware, look back at the beginning of the pindur thread and you'll see me being enthusiastic about cracking new things in the 83+(se).( damn that was fun 8) ). Seeing that blinking cursor running perfectly for the first time was just so freaking awesome.

Spencer wants a debugger. :|

Tilem in my opinion just isn't for windows. It runs TERRIBLY on my pc. VTI is ancient. And PTI didn't have a release source code. So the only option was to start our own.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

You left out the TI-Flash Debugger ...ROFL!!<!<!! Hahahahaha just kidding :).

Well it certainly looks like its far along, and supporting the 84 will please a few people. I think that writing an emulator would be a great experience.

So what further debugging tools will this emulator be sporting?
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."