Metroid II: Evolution (formerly Diortem)

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Yeah but as I said, the project is dead, which mean no more updates, and I could not load 12 maps in the RAM because I would need several more vars to detect which monsters is in a area and if there is lava or not. Also I could fix the errors but it would take way too long
ImageImageImageImage
merthsoft
Extreme Poster

Post by merthsoft »

Instead of doing the diagonal jump, I just edited the maps... I won't be able to continue this project like I was hoping, you weren't kidding about the complex code...
Shaun
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

:mrgreen:
ImageImageImageImage
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

Man... I cannot understand your code... I never understood how some people (cough cough HITOSHI) could make Basic code so unreadable. I usually make each command on a new line, easy to read.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
merthsoft
Extreme Poster

Post by merthsoft »

Yeah, that's one of the biggest things... I structure mine real nice, different line most of the time.
Shaun
tokijnct

Post by tokijnct »

Dude...Kevin I'm getting a headache in just sorting out your code into a more readable state... :x
Projects:
Phantasy Star Dark Millenia - Put aside for the moment...

UnitedTI BASIC Competition
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Yeah but does sorting it in a more readable would slow down the game, like it did with my old games, where code was nicely sorted? :)
ImageImageImageImage
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

And then it doesn't run on regular 83+'s :(
bananas... o.o
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Diortem run perfectly on the reg 83+, and its quite fast (for BASIC) btw :wink:
ImageImageImageImage
lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

I don't think people have given Kevin enough credit for the Diortem demo he made.

Kevin: Diortem is awesome! I've never played a basic game with such amazing gfx and was so fast. *round of applause* :D
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Actually I applaud that too. It is the first really good basic game to run with playable speed on my regular 83+.
bananas... o.o
Bryan Thomas

Post by Bryan Thomas »

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:36 pm Post subject:
Man... I cannot understand your code... I never understood how some people (cough cough HITOSHI) could make Basic code so unreadable. I usually make each command on a new line, easy to read
I do the same exact thing haha. It just looks so much cooler in that state. I program it first into several lines with multiple commands each, then once it works, I convert it to take up as little space as possible. With a big calc prog like 12 k long or something, the more compact you jam it, the more you can cycle through the code.

Kevin trust me, you will revive this game. I cancelled Contra 83 like 5 times, before it was completed. I know your not used to long drawn out projects which is why you did it. But If I can work on a prog for 2 years, I am sure a man of equal skill could aswell. Just do not make it so public if you decide to hold it off a month. Shit, I do it all the time. Why tf you think I miss half my release dates? lol

However if you are serious, I willl be glad to review your code just incase you would consider transfering the project over. I never really had the will to download any Basic RPG ever... in fact I never have dled one. Not even reuban. I just have no will. But diortem actually interested me. And thats hard for a game to since I am hardcore against asm libs :lol: So credit to you Kev. I hope this message reaches you well :lol:
OLS Co-President
United TI Staff

Creator of Contra 83!
Click Here to read all about the latest Contra 83 news!
Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

*aplauses for Kevin*
Life is getting better.
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

umm

Post by the_unknown_one »

@Bryan: Diortem isnt an RPG.
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

Already Diortem is my favorite BASIC game of all time. I just beat it, now I'm going to play again and explore the rooms I was afraid to go into for fear of ERR: DATA TYPE.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"