Monopoly

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

chickendude
Extreme Poster

Post by chickendude »

It's all by choice, but there are just a few things I really miss about having a steady place to stay and work on these sorts of things. Well, really just programming.

And for some reason I was thinking the CD I had was a Live CD, but it was just the install CD and I will try that now :D (I don't know how I mixed that up!) Really, if I can just get a few old files backed up I have no issue just reinstalling ubuntu. Thanks :) EDIT: Eargh, nevermind... EDIT: Nevermind again! I went in and played around with the /dev/fstab file and managed to manually mount it :D

This place has always been such a friendly/welcoming place and really carried me through a lot of tough times.
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

can't believe i missed the update. good job! and welcome back :)
Image Image Image
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Hey chickendude, good to see that the game is still chugging along. I totally agree with the joy of seeing things 'click' together after a long session coding. Similar to the feeling you get when you fix a long standing bug :).

Good luck with the nix issues, and rl and stuff too.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Spencer
Extreme Poster

Post by Spencer »

tr1p1ea wrote:Similar to the feeling you get when you fix a long standing bug :).
Rage?
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

post removed
Last edited by DJ_O on Fri 11 Jan, 2008 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

Spencer wrote:
tr1p1ea wrote:Similar to the feeling you get when you fix a long standing bug :).
Rage?
lol
Image Image Image
JoostinOnline

Post by JoostinOnline »

You feel rage when you fix a bug? I thought you would be happy...
"Macs are the Perfect Computers", said the Perfect Idiot.
Testing for:
Vera
chickendude
Extreme Poster

Post by chickendude »

Is there a good way to emulate a TI in Linux?
JoostinOnline

Post by JoostinOnline »

Unless I am missing something, this is quite offtopic, but check this out.
"Macs are the Perfect Computers", said the Perfect Idiot.
Testing for:
Vera
chickendude
Extreme Poster

Post by chickendude »

Ah, thanks :) And as far as being offtopic, maybe, but i don't have a calculator anymore and it would be really difficult for me to continue working on this without a way to test things out.
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

JoostinOnline wrote:Unless I am missing something, this is quite offtopic, but check this out.
If you look at DJ_Omnimaga's post, he hasn't figured the bug out yet though he's tried to fix it... I think...
Image Image Image
chickendude
Extreme Poster

Post by chickendude »

My post on RevSoft:
Ok, ok, so i've got everything up and running. I'm way back out of the loop again, but things are working (despite their slow, inflated code). I am however playing around with a few other smaller routines and sideprojects to try and get back into the swing of things and work on some optimizations. I know when i do release it very few people will go back through and see how awful the code is, but i wish someone would and fix it up...

Some updates:
-added all the rent prices in and the game now handles and manipulates them smooth as pie
-fixed a few bugs that were the result of not documenting my code very well however many years ago when it was written.

and here's my old list of things to do:
multiplayer

trading/selling properties/buying houses

83 saving/loading

3 days in jail or 50 bucks

There are some issues with the jail routine, but once i finish that out i think i'll hack out a simple multiplayer version (it's already set up to handle multiplayer play) and release that as something to show what i've done. If i get steady work on it, it won't be too long until i start work on the AI, if anyone is interested in helping me develop that. And if anyone who is still learning assembly wants to exchange code and try analyzing and optimizing it, get in touch. I'm trying to get past my one-way view of things!

And as always, if anyone wants the source just ask. And feel free to use, modify (or not), claim as your own (or not), and just do whatever you want with it.
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Good to hear that you're making progress. :) I look forwards to seeing the final game, one day!
b-flat

Re: Monopoly

Post by b-flat »

I was actually attempting to make a monopoly game with AI of my own, but I kind of stopped as well. I would be willing to try to help you code this (I am experienced with ASM).
chickendude
Extreme Poster

Re: Monopoly

Post by chickendude »

Wow, it's been a while, but inspired by Tr1pea's update, i thought i'd post a couple screenshots of my work on my rewrite of Monopoply. They aren't the most up-to-date, but the code right now is a little broken (i'm working more on the text-routine) so it'll be a few days maybe before i get an updated screenshot out.
Going to jail:
Buying properties (check out the little player stamps left behind on purchased properties):
A bigger (but older) screenshot: