Stealth-Cancelled

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Stealth-Cancelled

Post by Floodkiller »

This project has been cancelled due to lack of ideas and interest.
Last edited by Floodkiller on Tue 10 Oct, 2006 8:55 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Main Projects:
Zombie Attack: 20%

Side Projects:
???-25%

Staff member of Hikaru Rakuen Programming.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

For sprite graphics I suggest using xLIB. It is a great and mighty program. But be warned, sprites are of different dimensions than ASCII art. To lock a program, upload it to your computer, lock it with TI Connect, then put it back on your calc. Or just use codex. For locked doors you may need self-modifying-code, which is tough to do, so you may need to make a list containing the doors and modify that as necessary. Did I mispell that? My brain is missing today.

Good luck :).
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

will it look anything like the Metal Gear Solid Games for Gameboy Color?

if it's better then i'll definitely test it!
Image Image Image
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Yeah as TFG said xlib is the best for graphics and if you want locking doors, there is a cool thing about xlib as when you have a map and you make the door locked it will stay locked unless you make it not. So if you make the door zero or w/e in the matrix it will stay locked until you have the new level loaded. Welcome and I wish you luck.
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

Locked/unlocked door method:
This will detail the method I have used to make multiple doors of various purposes run.

You can use a list of all of the variables needed for each door, but you need to keep all of the variables equal in number and you need to create a tracking variable that will be used as a counter for which enemy to execute each loop though. I will call it A. The pseudo code bellow should be easy enough to understand, the following doors have these statistics: L (is it locked), M (which map is it on), X (X location), Y (Y location)…

prgmMAINPRGM
:"collision checking…
:"did you collide with a door (2)?
:C=2: PrgmDOORMNGR
:"…

PrgmDOORMNGR
:"door loading
:"your Map is used to sped up process, say we have a list saying where a map's doors are stored
: LMPD1(M)->B
:A+1->C
:For(A,B,C
:If L1(A*4-1)=/=X or L1(A*4)=/=Y: “this checks if it’s the right door, and it will loop till the right one
:A+1->C
:End
:L1(A*4-2)->L
:"check key list
:If K=1 and L=1
:0-> L1(A*4-2):"if you have the key, unlock the door
: L1(A*4-2)->C:"make it a wall (1) or floor (0) for the sake of collision
:RETURN
katmaster
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by katmaster »

threefingeredguy wrote: To lock a program, upload it to your computer, lock it with TI Connect, then put it back on your calc. Or just use codex.
*ahem* Mirage? Much faster and easier too :)
cheese=yum
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

katmaster wrote:
threefingeredguy wrote: To lock a program, upload it to your computer, lock it with TI Connect, then put it back on your calc. Or just use codex.
*ahem* Mirage? Much faster and easier too :)
Or NimbusOS.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

ok, ive finally got a alpha demo of Stealth. It isnt exactly the best thing ever right now. In fact, if you want to put it literally, it works like s***. Not only does it break the coding taboo of Lbl/Gotos, but it also is put together fairly sloppily (like this word, i dont know how else you adverb sloppy).

If I could get someone to tell me how to set up a download of the file on the forums, that would be great, for then you can all check out how much crap this game is before I start updating it to 0.5, where the Lbl/Gotos are history. This, however, was delayed by not only recent events in my life, but also the calculator doing a ram wipe of all my 0.5 map files.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

You want to make backups of your work in progress by grouping, that way you don't lose all the work you did since you last backed up to comp.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

dysfunction wrote:You want to make backups of your work in progress by grouping, that way you don't lose all the work you did since you last backed up to comp.
I haven't slept tonite because my friends calculator has a bad Link Port, so everytime I tried to update his OS, it'd fail. The first time that happened, the calc lost it's OS and it became an empty shell. I had to hold the cable in and hold it upside down to guarantee that it's still connected.

Sometimes grouping together something big can be more annoying. Fortunately, you can select individual things in the group file to send to the calc.
Image Image Image
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

woot! i found a cheap trick to getting rid of the Lbl/Goto's with the same effect as it had last time I did 0.5. Due to this, I upgraded 0.4 to 0.5 within about 2 hours and 45 minutes.

The menu still uses the Lbl/Goto, cause i couldn't use the same trick the 7th time, so I instead just cut it off from the rest of the program as more of a instructional guide.

Most of the stuff you can find out in the Note-Folio files included with the download.

Here is the link:Link no longer works

each download is a seperate file

The program is open code, so feel free to take a peek, although you all probably know everything the program contains, and can probably even use better stuff to optomize it, but I left it open anyway. You all would just unlock it anyway if you felt like it. Just make sure you dont try to steal this from me.

I found my own understanding way to the door stuff, and am just turning the game into seperate missions. I think I covered everything.
Last edited by Floodkiller on Mon 01 May, 2006 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thecheat
Calc Guru

Post by thecheat »

I'll check it out, I can't find my cable for the moment... but, I've fortunatly got a ti-rom from someone and have vti working.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

You could've put them all into one zip file :P.
Edit: Well it was fun and funny, but there are alot of optimizations to be made :D.
Also this link will help you out a little bit.
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

any progress? sry i cant test it since its gone :(
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)