As you guys may or may not know, I worked a little on a 4-way smoothscrolling engine, but had not yet decided for a game to program (Though I had some idea's, like Kirby or Indiana Jones). Both of those projects really nice and cool projects, and I really want to make them but I just know that I'll never finish them, which kills of motivation . And then Timendus came along with his Binary data Exchange Link Library, which made me thinking 'what game could be fun for two players?
And then it hit me; a shooter! Using my engine, I could make a top-down shooter. In basic, all you do is run around and kill each other. To make it more fun, I'll include some nifty features.
Here are some idea's.
- Different infantry types
- Heavy Infantry
Moves slow, has the big guns.
- Fast Infantry
Very fast, only little fire power.
- Normal Infantry
Nothing special here.
- Heavy Infantry
- When playing the singleplayer modus, players can "earn" new types, like "Rader Infantry" (which has a radar showing the most nearby unit) or "Stealth Infantry" (which can turn invisble for some seconds (when he is invisble, he can not shoot of course))
- Different play-modes
- Capture The Flag
In this mode, one player is the prey, while the other have to hunt that player. When one player kills the prey, he will become the prey. Points are only given when a) you are the prey and kill a hunter or b) you kill the prey.
- maybe more ...
- 2-player mode (+ 2bots).
- Player can play a special co-op campaign to unlock additional units and modes (not all 2-player modes are unlocked... in fact only deathmatch).
- Upgrades which popup on random places in the level.
- Rapidfire (only for certain time)
- Double fire (only for certain time)
If you have any idea's or comments, just let me know.