[SHATTERED OASIS] Oh gosh, not again...

Projects that are no longer in development anymore.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

BetaSword
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by BetaSword »

lloydkirk1989 wrote:Could you make a screenshot of the game in action?:)
Screenshot in action? Don't have any way to, due to the fact that it uses OmniCalc, and unless some emulator came out that works with Flash RAM and applications and such, I wouldn't be able to.

And sitesled, eh? I'll check it out.

Edit: Yeah, so sitesled.com doesn't seem to be working at all.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Hehehe, BetaSword, CoBB's emulator PindurTI works with flash apps just fine :).

The thead is here: http://joepnet.com/hosted/maxcoderz/php ... .php?t=412
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
BetaSword
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by BetaSword »

Oy... Can't seem to figure out how to get a rom image of an 83+SE. Tried the 83 version, didn't work. VTI won't connect through the USB port. Oy.

Edit: Ok, got the rom image, but I'm using TilEm, cause I wasn't able to figure out quite how to use PindurTI. But I don't know how to get animated shots with that. Anyone?
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

BetaSword wrote:Oy... Can't seem to figure out how to get a rom image of an 83+SE. Tried the 83 version, didn't work. VTI won't connect through the USB port. Oy.

Edit: Ok, got the rom image, but I'm using TilEm, cause I wasn't able to figure out quite how to use PindurTI. But I don't know how to get animated shots with that. Anyone?
The readme is there for a reason :P, tab with start the screenshot and tab ends it, pageup is the apps menu, pagedown is the prgrams menu, enter is enter, shift is clear (right shift). So why don't you use xLib :P.
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

Even the currently released version of xLib does everything Omnicalc does and more, faster. Of course the beta adds even more features. And PindurTI will work fine with either xLib or Omnicalc, read the readme. Heh, that's what you get for being out of the loop so long, you miss on stuff like Pindur and xLib.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

dysfunction wrote:Even the currently released version of xLib does everything Omnicalc does and more, faster. Of course the beta adds even more features. And PindurTI will work fine with either xLib or Omnicalc, read the readme. Heh, that's what you get for being out of the loop so long, you miss on stuff like Pindur and xLib.
It doesn't have the features of Math functions.
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

True, but few of those are useful for games anyways.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
DarkerLine
Calc Wizard

Post by DarkerLine »

You can write all of the math functions in Basic anyway.
just try to be nice to people.
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by BetaSword »

Thanks, everyone, for the PTI help. Thusly... Here.

Realize, that on the 83+SE, it runs quite a lot faster and smoother, too.
lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

Betasword: You might try calc capture.
BetaSword
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by BetaSword »

Calc Capture? Does it take animated shots from the calc itself or something? Or only from emulators? Cause I tried putting the SE rom into TilEm, and it pretty much ran at thesame speed as the normal 83+ emulation...

Edit: Nevermind. It is only for emulators (I don't really know how they'd make one to take animated shots from the calc itself...). But PTI seems to work well enough for my needs.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Looks really nice. When its loading are you using compressed levels?
BetaSword
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by BetaSword »

No... This is from the OmniCalc version.

Basically, what it does, is first, it goes into the program EROOMS with a certain variable set, that determines which room is copied to the matrices. It copies both the room tile matrix, and the room collision detection matrix. Then it draws all of them to the screen without updating the graph screen, then it displays the newly updated screen. All that happens while it says "Loading".
solitaire710

Post by solitaire710 »

Betasword if you need it I can host your files at Calc WebZine, http://calcwebzine.unitedti.org

If you can email me the .zip I'll put it up extremely fast so that all my readers will be able to download :)

Emil me at-

solitaire710@gmail.com

-J^2
dragon__lance

Post by dragon__lance »

BetaSword wrote:No... This is from the OmniCalc version.

Basically, what it does, is first, it goes into the program EROOMS with a certain variable set, that determines which room is copied to the matrices. It copies both the room tile matrix, and the room collision detection matrix. Then it draws all of them to the screen without updating the graph screen, then it displays the newly updated screen. All that happens while it says "Loading".
y dont u just use the room tile matrix as ur detection matrix to, itd be a lot simpler and faster. all u need to do is add a decimal after a wall in the matrix, for example, all walls will have .1 after it. xlib doesn't detect the decimals in the matrix, so for collusion detection, just use decimals :P