Latenite - 1.0.6.1 Update [Monday 20/08/2007]

One suite to code them all. An complete IDE and assembler for all your z80 projects!

Moderators: benryves, kv83

benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Ah, fair enough. That's just deleting one line of code... my sort of bugfix :)
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

http://benryves.com/bin/latenite/ - Download
IMPORTANT: Do not overwrite your existing installation until you're happy that it works as it should.

Changes:
  • ROMs must be copied to the ROMs folder in the PTI debugger folder with the names ti8x.rom, ti83.rom and ti82.rom.
  • The PindurTI debugger has been rewritten from scratch, so the script file syntax has changed. You might be able to 'upgrade' an existing project by copying the files from the Build folder for the template (and removing all the ! exclamation marks), but I would say that it is easier to create a new project then to copy (not move) your old souce files into the new project, then copy the 'main' code into Program.asm.
Some of the bugfixes include:
  • Limited Unicode support
  • File plugins don't spawn a gazillion processes and lock up the IDE
Mainly, this is for the new PTI debugger. It is still a bit flakey, but offers a LOT more than the old 'debugger'. It has it's own issues, including an annoying key bug (F4 doesn't work unless you focus the keypad then refocus the 'LCD'). It has some documentation.

Brass 1.0.4.1 is included. Some of the new features are as yet undocumented, but include Unicode ASCII-mapping support and 'keywords' for accessing other modules from your current one - parent, root, global and this. (For example, call Parent.Parent.Something.Function). The .using directive has also been tweaked.

If you wish to insert breakpoints, type .breakpoint XYZ into your source (if you don't include the caption (XYZ) the debugger guesses where the breakpoint is to give it a name). The brown highlighted breakpoints do not yet work. :(

I'm currently working on parts for Latenite 2 - mainly a major rehaul of the text editor.

Tell me if you find any hiccoughs with 1.0.6.0!
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

File plugins don't spawn a gazillion processes and lock up the IDE
Yay. No more killing 20 EMR.exe's :P
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Is that what the 'bug' was? I'd never noticed it before last night. :\
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

Yay!!! uh what exactly do you mean by don't overwrite existing installations? Is it still buggy?
Image Image Image
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Because of the differences in templates and the new debugger, it means that it's not entirely backwards compatible with old projects. I suggest keeping the old installation around, then migrating old projects to the new format as a copy, so at least you have a backup.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

So it won't be possible for people to open the Slippy project in the new enviroment?
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

Fine with me. I haven't started any projects with any previous versions.
Image Image Image
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Hey ben,

i tried it, and it looks good. Just some remarks
  • Is it neccesary to move the "included" to the header? It won't compile otherwise? :(
  • The EM-link doesn't work propably yet. I guess it still uses the workaround you made back than. Also you double clicking on a sprite in the EMR file in LateNite, doesn't do anything....
That's it for now. I really like the new "compile templates" like Venus. Yay for compatibility. Also the debugger looks sleek man. Just wondering what the variable window should do, since it's empty when I open it :)
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Slippy will open and compile in the new environment, but the .debug files and Compile.bat will need to be modified to work with the new debugger. Sorry.

How do you mean with point 1?
If you mean, why does it assemble headers.asm (which in turn .includes "../Program.asm"), the reason is that certain programs need a 'footer' as well as a header (TI-83 programs need the :0000:End:0000 bit at the end). I felt it was neater to do it this way.

As for the continued EMR bugs, I only had an ancient version of EM to test with (which would crash when run unless I put the hack in to change the working directory). In any case, it shouldn't matter which working directory is set, so I guess I'll download the latest EM (might be a good plan) and try to get it to work on my machine. Sorry about this, it's been difficult trying to fix bugs that don't affect me.

The variables window *should* list any variables that are exported (see the .export directive). The variables must have been defined with one of the var directives.

However, I notice that for some reason the Jump To option in the memory viewer seems to have died... I'll have to look into this :(
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

How do you mean with point 1?
e.g.: I had to move my .include "resources/include.inc" to the header file, because when i left it in the program.asm and compiled he said he couldn't find the labels...
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Oh, I get what you mean.
The problem is (I guess) that the template defaults to nest modules and local labels - do you use any modules? (.module)? If not, add the .include line inside the Program module, like so:

Code: Select all

.module Program

Main
        ret

.include "Resources/Include.inc"

.endmodule
See here for clarification.
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Out of interest, what happens if you double-click a .EMR file from Windows Explorer? Does it open in EarlyMorning? If not, there is the problem - the 'plugin' does a bit of registry trawling to work out which program is associated with .EMR files.
(For the record, I downloaded the new EM at least, installed it and now I can open Slippy and double-click on the maps and sprites and they open in EM).
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

benryves wrote:Out of interest, what happens if you double-click a .EMR file from Windows Explorer? Does it open in EarlyMorning? If not, there is the problem - the 'plugin' does a bit of registry trawling to work out which program is associated with .EMR files.
(For the record, I downloaded the new EM at least, installed it and now I can open Slippy and double-click on the maps and sprites and they open in EM).
When I double click an emr file, it opens alright :)

Edit: Oh yeah; don't know if that has anything to do with it, but both EM and LN are installed on my desktop (C:\Document and Settings\...blalbla\z80dev\)
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

It should have absolutely nothing to do with it.
Does anything happen at all (crash) or does nothing happen at all?
Can you expand the file and view the maps/sprites in the tree view?