Latenite - 1.0.6.1 Update [Monday 20/08/2007]

One suite to code them all. An complete IDE and assembler for all your z80 projects!

Moderators: benryves, kv83

Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

Ben, the asm under Linux topic made me wonder; will Latenite and Brass run with Mono or something?
http://clap.timendus.com/ - The Calculator Link Alternative Protocol
http://api.timendus.com/ - Make your life easier, leave the coding to the API
http://vera.timendus.com/ - The calc lover's OS
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

re: apps: Yeah, I ended up just continuing to use Brass + Notepad++, as I was already.
Image Image Image
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

Timendus, I was able to get Brass to at least run under mono. I am not sure if it actually assembles properly; I never tried. I accidentally passed / to it and it threw an error unrelated to that, I think:

Code: Select all

andy@hughes ~ $ mono Brass.exe /
Brass Z80 Assembler 1.0.4.5 - Ben Ryves 2005-2006
-------------------------------------------------
Assembling...

** (Brass.exe:21242): WARNING **: Missing member TryParse in type DateTime, assembly /usr/lib/mono/2.0/mscorlib.dll

Unhandled Exception: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.DateTime.TryParse'.
in <0x00000> <unknown method>
in <0x00179> Brass.Program:AssembleFile (System.String Filename)
in <0x00766> Brass.Program:Main (System.String[] args)
As for Latenite, I've not gotten Mono to play nice with graphics, though I haven't messed around much. One of these days I'm going to sit down and get as much of this new stuff working in Gentoo as possible.
ImageImage
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Latenite probably won't run at all under Mono - it is nearly entirely WinForms-related code (System.Windows.Forms), and the syntax highlighting uses Win32 code (eurgh - I'm fixing that with my own homebrew text editor).
silver calc

Post by silver calc »

Don't know why you did it, but could you change all the .lbl files back to .inc? I'm still a beginning-level programmer, so I would like to see what's in the ti83plus.inc files.
Please "encourage" me to work more on Image any way you deem necessary
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

The .lbl files are there for speed reasons (it's pointless to have to parse them each time, and Brass has some rather slow string parsing routines in it). If you want to know what's in them, look at the original ti83plus.inc (&c) files which are included in the TI-83 Plus SDK.
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

little thing, but could you make the syntax highlighting find label-pointing-text in load instructions and such?
like this:

Code: Select all

ld hl,label
and then give "label" some colour IF and only IF a label like that actually exists. It would be really usefull for people with huge codes who forget how exactly they spelled certain labels and for me because i allways manage to mis-spel them.
no more searching for labels :D
Last edited by King Harold on Tue 05 Sep, 2006 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Noted. Not going to be a Latenite 1 feature, you'll have to wait until Latenite 2 (which shall have much cooler autocompletion - such as tree-based completion, so you type "ld " and a box with all the registers pops up, you select it then press "," and all the possible combinations appear - including labels).

As always, *indicates vast quantity of work, weeps about not being able to work on Latenite/Brass/Nostromo/... at the moment* :(
gangsta
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by gangsta »

we need a name for the suite...how 'bout Twilight IDE or and combo of the two words...just my thoughts, and btw, Latenite is doing very well...you should make it a release (like a full ver. or an RC)
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

yeah, Twilight sounds like a nice name for the suite. You should put all the parts together into a nice zip file with an automatic installer and put it up on ticalc.org. I bet it would get a lot of downloads, as well as making assembly that much easier.

So, how's Latenite 2 coming along? Any rough estimates of when it will be done? Or are you sticking to the old time until release tr1p1ea coined on the metroid forum?
tr1p1ea wrote:Pretty simple answer that one.

From 'now' until its 'done'.
It sound like it will be amazing. I hope it progresses well. :)
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

I'm going to do a 3D Realms on you - "when it's done".

The new text editor is pretty nifty (see earlier for screenshots), but doesn't actually do any standard syntax highlighting - I'm probably going to find a way to get Brass to report labels and syntax back to Latenite so I can leverage its syntax parser.
silver calc

Post by silver calc »

Have you made Brass (or LateNite) export breakpoints to PindurTI yet (kind of important for debugging :D )?
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

silver calc wrote:Have you made Brass (or LateNite) export breakpoints to PindurTI yet (kind of important for debugging :D )?
For a long time. :) Chuck .breakpoint in your code, then hit F5 (in Latenite). You must be using the PTI Debugger frontend that comes with Latenite to do this, as Brass exports a chunky XML log that includes all the breakpoint information.
silver calc

Post by silver calc »

What about the toggle breakpoint option? (it turns the line of code the cursor is on Red)
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

silver calc wrote:What about the toggle breakpoint option? (it turns the line of code the cursor is on Red)
That does nothing. It was too unreliable along with that blasted RichTextBox control.

The new text editor will fix that.