Latenite - 1.0.6.1 Update [Monday 20/08/2007]

One suite to code them all. An complete IDE and assembler for all your z80 projects!

Moderators: benryves, kv83

kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Hmmm ... when i click "open" it opens alright. but when i click "open in external editor" it gives me a error.... what's the 2nd action for than? :)
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Wait, so if you double-click or select 'Open' for a file inside an EMR it works, but if you "Open in External Editor" it doesn't? OK, that makes sense, if that's the case (The "Open in External Editor" should be greyed out - IIRC the plugin passes the name of the resource/editor back to Latenite, so I should be able to get the menu say 'Open in EarlyMorning').
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Wait, so if you double-click or select 'Open' for a file inside an EMR it works, but if you "Open in External Editor" it doesn't?
Indeed... but only for the root file, the sprites/maps won't open from LateNite... but I don't know if you implemented that yet...
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Yep, as I said, I can just double-click each resource (map or sprite) and it opens EarlyMorning, and EarlyMorning is automatically showing the resource you double clicked on.

Could you try something for me? Copy a .emr file into the Plugins folder, then open up a command prompt and type "emr <name of resource file>". It should spit out an XML file - for example, emr slippy.emr gives me:

Code: Select all

<x program="EarlyMorning"><folder name="Sprites"><file name="Empty" source="G:\Stuff\EarlyMorning\EarlyMorning.exe" args="slippy.emr sprite 0 0" /><file name="Walltile" source="G:\Stuff\EarlyMorning\EarlyMorning.exe" args="slippy.emr sprite 0 1" /><file name="Coin" source="G:\Stuff\EarlyMorning\EarlyMorning.exe" args="slippy.emr sprite 0 2" /><file name="IceCube" source="G:\Stuff\EarlyMorning\EarlyMorning.exe" args="slippy.emr sprite 0 3" /><file name="Hole" source="G:\Stuff\EarlyMorning\EarlyMorning.exe" args="slippy.emr sprite 0 4" /><file name="PlayerTile" source="G:\Stuff\EarlyMorning\EarlyMorning.exe" args="slippy.emr sprite 0 5" /></folder><folder name="Title"><file name="Title" source="G:\Stuff\EarlyMorning\EarlyMorning.exe" args="slippy.emr sprite 1 0" /></folder><folder name="Slippy_Logo"><file name="Slippy" source="G:\Stuff\EarlyMorning\EarlyMorning.exe" args="slippy.emr sprite 2 0" /></folder><folder name="Original Levels"><file name="Level 1" source="G:\Stuff\EarlyMorning\EarlyMorning.exe" args="slippy.emr map 3 0" /><file name="Level 2" source="G:\Stuff\EarlyMorning\EarlyMorning.exe" args="slippy.emr map 3 1" /><file name="Level 3" source="G:\Stuff\EarlyMorning\EarlyMorning.exe" args="slippy.emr map 3 2" /><file name="Level 4" source="G:\Stuff\EarlyMorning\EarlyMorning.exe" args="slippy.emr map 3 3" /><file name="Level 5" source="G:\Stuff\EarlyMorning\EarlyMorning.exe" args="slippy.emr map 3 4" /><file name="Level 6" source="G:\Stuff\EarlyMorning\EarlyMorning.exe" args="slippy.emr map 3 5" /><file name="Level 7" source="G:\Stuff\EarlyMorning\EarlyMorning.exe" args="slippy.emr map 3 6" /><file name="Level 8" source="G:\Stuff\EarlyMorning\EarlyMorning.exe" args="slippy.emr map 3 7" /><file name="Level 9" source="G:\Stuff\EarlyMorning\EarlyMorning.exe" args="slippy.emr map 3 8" /><file name="Level 10" source="G:\Stuff\EarlyMorning\EarlyMorning.exe" args="slippy.emr map 3 9" /><file name="Level 11" source="G:\Stuff\EarlyMorning\EarlyMorning.exe" args="slippy.emr map 3 10" /><file name="Level 12" source="G:\Stuff\EarlyMorning\EarlyMorning.exe" args="slippy.emr map 3 11" /><file name="Level 13" source="G:\Stuff\EarlyMorning\EarlyMorning.exe" args="slippy.emr map 3 12" /><file name="Level 14" source="G:\Stuff\EarlyMorning\EarlyMorning.exe" args="slippy.emr map 3 13" /><file name="Level 15" source="G:\Stuff\EarlyMorning\EarlyMorning.exe" args="slippy.emr map 3 14" /><file name="Level 16" source="G:\Stuff\EarlyMorning\EarlyMorning.exe" args="slippy.emr map 3 15" /><file name="Level 17" source="G:\Stuff\EarlyMorning\EarlyMorning.exe" args="slippy.emr map 3 16" /><file name="Level 18" source="G:\Stuff\EarlyMorning\EarlyMorning.exe" args="slippy.emr map 3 17" /><file name="Level 19" source="G:\Stuff\EarlyMorning\EarlyMorning.exe" args="slippy.emr map 3 18" /><file name="Level 20" source="G:\Stuff\EarlyMorning\EarlyMorning.exe" args="slippy.emr map 3 19" /><file name="Level 21" source="G:\Stuff\EarlyMorning\EarlyMorning.exe" args="slippy.emr map 3 20" /><file name="Level 22" source="G:\Stuff\EarlyMorning\EarlyMorning.exe" args="slippy.emr map 3 21" /><file name="Level 23" source="G:\Stuff\EarlyMorning\EarlyMorning.exe" args="slippy.emr map 3 22" /><file name="Level 24" source="G:\Stuff\EarlyMorning\EarlyMorning.exe" args="slippy.emr map 3 23" /><file name="Level 25" source="G:\Stuff\EarlyMorning\EarlyMorning.exe" args="slippy.emr map 3 24" /></folder></x>
Each 'source' attribute should point to the EarlyMorning EXE, each args should contain the command-line arguments.

Seeing as the data structure is quite clear, you could always try making your own plugin :)
silver calc

Post by silver calc »

suggestion: put a menu item that lets you run plugins from Latenite instead of having to pull up the Latenite plugin folder from My Computer
Please "encourage" me to work more on Image any way you deem necessary
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

What do you mean by that? The only 'plugins' that are supported so far are file plugins, which you can't run as such.
silver calc

Post by silver calc »

I've looked at the folder where Latenite is in, and there's a folder called 'plugins'. Inside is another folder called 'Files'. Inside that is EMR.exe (Early Morning Resource Plugin).
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Those plugins (of which there is only one) are for the project viewer on the right hand side. If you create a .emr file in EarlyMorning, Latenite will use EMR.exe to 'decode' it, and it can be expanded like a folder to show the tiles/sprites and maps inside. Double clicking one opens it up in EarlyMorning, if it's installed. That's the only purpose for the plugins as it is.
chickendude
Extreme Poster

Post by chickendude »

Does this program require internet access? I swear I've installed the VB.Net thing about 5 times and I still cannot use this program, as it says something about needing vb.net.2.xxxx something something.
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

Any plans for implementing Apps at some point?
Image Image Image
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

As a template? Maybe, but it's not really tricky to make your own (look at the app "tutorial" on the Brass site). In terms of supporting apps in the same template as RAM programs - no, this will not happen.

@chickendude: No, no internet access required. Make sure you've installed the .NET 2 runtimes, not the .NET 1 runtimes. Not sure what you mean about VB, as there is no VB code in use anywhere in Brass or Latenite...
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Hey ben. In the next release of EM I'll make it a option that the resource can be "build" without starting EM. Maybe you could make a option in LateNite that when clicking on "compile" it will first build the resourcefile and than compile the program :)
chickendude
Extreme Poster

Post by chickendude »

Hah, no VB then. I'll double check to make sure it's the right one, thanks.
silver calc

Post by silver calc »

Suggestion: When you press the 'debug' botton, instead of compilling each time, detect if there's been any changes and only re-compile if there were any changes.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

silver calc wrote:Suggestion: When you press the 'debug' botton, instead of compilling each time, detect if there's been any changes and only re-compile if there were any changes.
Why? For the one time in a year you compile a program that hasn't been changed? When developing the chance is rather low that that happens.