Latenite - 1.0.6.1 Update [Monday 20/08/2007]

One suite to code them all. An complete IDE and assembler for all your z80 projects!

Moderators: benryves, kv83

benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Latenite - 1.0.6.1 Update [Monday 20/08/2007]

Post by benryves »

Not as some impossible-to-finish half-project, however. Think of it as "Z80 Workshop, but it works properly" :)
I've been working on it for a couple of days, and so it's still not quite complete, but the basics are there - file loading/saving and compiling. The underlying structure is much tighter than in Z80 Workshop - half due to .NET, half due to me doing things more sensibly.

Now, one "feature" is going to be a snippets bin - a box (next to the Z80 Instructions tab) with small snippets of code. For example:

Code: Select all

;DESCRIPTION:This routine does just the same job as LDIR, but is expanded so you can (for example) perform the same operation on every byte as it is copied across.
;AUTHOR:Patai Gergely
ldirRepeat:
	ld a,(hl)	; Getting the current byte
	inc hl
	ld (de),a	; Storing it
	inc de
	dec bc		; Handling the loop
	ld a,b
	or c
	jr nz,ldirRepeat
	ret

;DESCRIPTION:This routine inverts the image in the graph buffer.
;AUTHOR:Ben Ryves
invertScreen:
	ld hl,plotSScreen
	ld bc,768
invertLoop:
	ld a,(hl)
	cpl
	ld (hl),a
	inc hl
	dec bc
	ld a,b
	or c
	jr nz,invertLoop
	ret

;DESCRIPTION:This routine decompresses BC bytes of data (RLE compressed, runs marked with $91) located at HL into DE. Note that BC is the size of the original uncompressed data.
;AUTHOR:David Phillips
RLE:
    ld a,(hl)
    cp $91
    jr z,DispRLERun
    ldi
DispRLEC:
    ret po
    jr RLE
DispRLERun:
    inc hl
    inc hl
    ld a,(hl)
DispRLERunL:
    dec hl
    dec a
    ldi
    jr nz,DispRLERunL
    inc hl
    jr DispRLEC
(Thanks CoBB - I also, er, "borrowed" your notes on the Z80 instructions for the help page on the right
:roll: )

I'd also like a full list of ALL the TI-83 Plus ROM calls, but getting a decent list in a sensible format might be tricky (and I'm not going to populate a database table by hand).

Comments? Questions? Requests?
Last edited by benryves on Mon 20 Aug, 2007 9:44 am, edited 15 times in total.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

w00t looks great :worship:

Are you gonna support external 'help' files for calls to a library. Like importing the GPP library from duck with a helpfile, so you get a helpbox on every call?

And, of course, you should include PindurTI support 8)
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

kv83 wrote:Are you gonna support external 'help' files for calls to a library. Like importing the GPP library from duck with a helpfile, so you get a helpbox on every call?
Whoops, yes, it will (I forgot to mention it).
The way this works is that any external addons are just slotted into a folder and the program detects them itself. For example, any .bat file in the "compile" folder appears as an option in the build menu, and when run the program runs the batch file with %1 = program name (no extension), %2 = program name (extension), %3 = compile base folder. The help files for each library will just be simple CSV files. These will be extra tab pages on the "Z80 Instructions" bit on the right.
Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

Looking good! I'd like to see syntax highlighting though ;) I've made UltraEdit syntax highlighting definitions (from some list I got somewhere, don't remember where unfortunately, so I can't give credit), you can have it if you want 'em. And maybe it would be a nice idea to link the code snippet box to the online codebase kv and I have been working on a bit..?

@KV: Wtf is PindurTI?
http://clap.timendus.com/ - The Calculator Link Alternative Protocol
http://api.timendus.com/ - Make your life easier, leave the coding to the API
http://vera.timendus.com/ - The calc lover's OS
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Timendus wrote:@KV: Wtf is PindurTI?
Whaaaaat?! http://joepnet.com/hosted/maxcoderz/php ... .php?t=412
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

kv83 wrote:
Timendus wrote:@KV: Wtf is PindurTI?
Whaaaaat?! http://joepnet.com/hosted/maxcoderz/php ... .php?t=412
How could he not know the future of emulation!!! :x
j/k
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Timendus wrote:Looking good! I'd like to see syntax highlighting though
I haven't bothered on the grounds that with ASM it's pretty clear what's what and it's virtually impossible with the standard VB controls (even the shiny .NET ones).

kv: What do you mean about integration with PindurTI? If you drop the EXE or a shortcut into the "tools" folder it'll appear in the tools menu of the editor - and if you mean automatically start it up and send the file to it... you'll have to see. :wink:
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Now a hotkey to compile and launch the emu (if there are no errors) would be handy :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

Ah, okay, so that's PindurTI ;)
benryves wrote:
Timendus wrote:Looking good! I'd like to see syntax highlighting though
I haven't bothered on the grounds that with ASM it's pretty clear what's what and it's virtually impossible with the standard VB controls (even the shiny .NET ones).
Snif snif... :cry: Me wants syntax highlighting :(
http://clap.timendus.com/ - The Calculator Link Alternative Protocol
http://api.timendus.com/ - Make your life easier, leave the coding to the API
http://vera.timendus.com/ - The calc lover's OS
koolmansam375
Extreme Poster

Post by koolmansam375 »

Timendus wrote:Snif snif... :cry: Me wants syntax highlighting :(
Me too :( but with such a fancy GUI do you really need it? (kms375 hears a "yes" in the distance :p)

Pongwars shall live!

blog is down atm. :-(
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

yay!
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

One thing I must warn you is this: I don't have very good access to the internet at the moment, so updates will be slow. :(
Unfortunately, I think source highlighting is right out - it's pretty much impossible with the standard controls (I'd have to start using a rich text box, which adds all sorts of horrible complications). Also, I'll make sure that you guys get a play with it, that we get some good snippets/help files sorted out (I'd really appreciate CoBB's help with some of the Z80 instructions stuff - it's currently a botched copy of the HTML stuff, so some of them say things like "this instruction is just like the above instruction, but HL is decremented each time" - whilst this looks great and much clearer than a full description in his HTML pages, it's a bit confusing when you can't see what the "above instruction" was!
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

I'm thinking about rewriting the instruction descriptions anyway. Now that I implemented an almost complete Z80 emulator I know much more details.
Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

*hears a roar of :worship: and a roar of "We want syntax coloring* and so I am joining in on both of them
Life is getting better.
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

Will there be app support? Multipage? Support for more than 5 pages would be great, say around 90 or so. :roll: