Latenite - 1.0.6.1 Update [Monday 20/08/2007]

One suite to code them all. An complete IDE and assembler for all your z80 projects!

Moderators: benryves, kv83

CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

Of course, it was probably the first thing I found, but it still has some holes. For example, the flags for CCF and SCF are documented erroneously. Also, no-one seems to mention that the instruction called 'out (c),0' isn't consistent in what value it outputs in reality. DAA is also a dubious point: I found exactly one z80 emulator other than mine that didn't implement it with a big table and still got it right (it was written by a guy from my uni, he's the son of my Prolog professor ;)).
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

I don't know if this has been brought up before but when I assembled something for ti83+ ion, it said first:
Latenite wrote:Source file not found.
I hit it again and it said:
Latenite wrote:Build Completed.
But the built file was no where to be found. Whats going on?
thecheat
Calc Guru

Post by thecheat »

I still have the old version from a WHILE back...I thought it worked fine.
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

The old version wasn't quite as airtight as this new one (hopefully!) is.
I've done a few more things; 8XPLINK now works with TI-83 binaries (a /3 switch sets it to TI-83 mode), I've written WLAERR to handle WLA's errors and convert them to the XML required by Latenite, rethought the build system (build scripts are now on a per-project basis), added a few new features to the project manager (move files/folders up/down, rename now works properly, open in external editor), added "search in project" as well as "search in open files" to text search, added a TASM help file, written some of the documentation. I should hopefully have a version that could be released as a very unpolished beta for Monday (I have a full-time job so get very little time to work on it).
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

A very rough beta;
http://benryves.com/bin/LATENITE_BETA_0.0.0.0.zip (Requires .NET 2 runtimes).
Most of the editor should be functional, it's the documentation/help files that are missing/incomplete.
I'm assuming that there will be bugs/oddities, but I wrote a Z80 program with this over the weekend without running into any problems.
Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

How DO you do that? "Hopefully monday", and monday it is :)

Anyway, some "bugs" I found:
The IDE doesn't list the .cmd files that are in the directory (Like the "Tools" menu does), but the .cmd files that should be in there, so I can't change them myself. Would be nice to be able to change and add compile scripts I think.

Probably not your fault but my skin's, but scrolling down in the search results window gives me this. Scrolling up makes all lines disappear.

Last, it isn't really clear to me how the directory structure on the right works, and why that isn't reflected on my harddisk. If I would want to add a resource (say a level for my game), how would I do that? "Add file" doesn't seem to do much.

I still miss the syntax coloring a bit, but the editor is really nice :) I like it's simplicity and the project based development, the help files, the tools, pretty much everything about it :P
http://clap.timendus.com/ - The Calculator Link Alternative Protocol
http://api.timendus.com/ - Make your life easier, leave the coding to the API
http://vera.timendus.com/ - The calc lover's OS
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

Theming support is really poor on a low level (I gave up on it in PTI after encountering some ridiculously elementary features not working without lengthy workarounds), so I'm not suprised to see such quirks. :roll:
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

The only theme bug I've come across in .NET 2 is the tab control (note how none of my tab contols have tabs on the bottom edge) - try unloading your theme thingummy and seeing if that helps.

What do you mean about the IDE not listing the .cmd files that are in the directory? Any .cmd file that is inside the Build folder (in the project) should appear on the build menu. Try opening the build folder in the project tree, the .cmd files should be visible and editable from there.

Add File should add a file to a folder - right click a folder (such as Source), 'Add File' and the file should appear inside that folder (you cannot add files to files, only to folders). Sorry if the project structure being different to the one on disk is inconvenient; should I change this?

If you add a resource to your game, you still need to .incbin/#include it - you can right-click the file in the project view and copy the absolute/relative path to the file from there.
Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

Okay, I get it now I think... I can add a .cmd file to the Build "folder" and an .asm file to the Source "folder". What are the file extentions that I can add to Include Files or Resources? They are empty now (except for the empty folders "TI-83" and "TI-83 Plus") and adding for instance level.inc doesn't seem to do anything. Also, shouldn't headers/ion/mirage.inc be in there?

I think it would be more logical if the directory structure on your harddisk reflects the project tree, and the other way around.

I killed my themethingy, and tried again, but it gave me the same result to my surprise... If nobody else encounters this it's probably just my crappy laptop, otherwise it could be a bug...
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Are you using the latest version of the .NET 2 runtimes, and not the beta?
The TI-83/TI-83+ folders should not be empty. You can add any files to any folder, the only one with any special significance is the Build folder.

It looks like it's time to rewrite to use the file system, then...
Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

benryves wrote:Are you using the latest version of the .NET 2 runtimes, and not the beta?
I think I am. Not sure how to check that though :):oops:
The TI-83/TI-83+ folders should not be empty. You can add any files to any folder, the only one with any special significance is the Build folder.
Ah, well... Something's pretty wrong then :)
lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

great work ben...this is a realy nice looking ide. Are you planning on releasing the source?
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

I killed my themethingy, and tried again, but it gave me the same result to my surprise... If nobody else encounters this it's probably just my crappy laptop, otherwise it could be a bug...
I get the same error, and since I just installed VB 2005 Express I guess I do have the latest .NET framework installed... I think we have a bug :)

By ALT-TAB'ing to another window and going back it is displayed correctly though.
I still miss the syntax coloring a bit
I 2nd that!

Also I somehow don't get the "LOOK UP" feature not working. I select the word (pop in my case) and press F1/rightclick the menu and select "Look UP" but I don't get the correct information in the help window

(EDIT: It seems if I select an " " after the "pop" it won't search :( ... and that's always the case if you double click the word... maybe just check whether the last char is a " " and if it is, then delete it...)

A nice addition would be the feature to Upper or Lower case a selection of text :) ... Just like changing the tab-size
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

The theme issues are a bit beyond my control (no pun intended), I'll see if I can find anything about them.

@kv: Thanks, I'll certainly look into those issues. Infuriatingly, I can't do anything about the tab width either... Grr. I think it's time to look for a new control to replace the TextBox control... I just hope that there are some decent alternatives since my last quest!

@lloydkirk1989: When I get it to work then yes, the source will probably be available.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

This project is now featured.

Just some "random" quotes
Maxcoderz Staff wrote:"Latenite is in development for some time now, and it's a really nice IDE."

"It should be featured. It's innovative, made by a really good programmer, worked on for a very long time, good support by community."

"I agree, ive been thinking about switching to his IDE myself."