troubles setting everything up.

One suite to code them all. An complete IDE and assembler for all your z80 projects!

Moderators: benryves, kv83

elfprince13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

troubles setting everything up.

Post by elfprince13 »

I managed to track down download links for the various parts of the IDE ('t would be nice if you guys had a consolidated page with links to everything.....)

anywho, downloaded it all, and extracted. However now they all give error messages resembling this (the icon and appname are different of course but its all the same style message--also, this is running WinXP pro with the .NET 2.0 Framework installed.)

kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

I'm working on a tool (MAU v2) which downloads all tools (PindurTI, Latenite, Earlymorning, etc.) for you.
elfprince13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by elfprince13 »

that oughta be helpful....as it stands though I can't even run MAU v1, so any suggestions on how to actually get my downloaded stuff usable?
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

That icon in the top left reminds me of the dialogue you get when a Release build project throws an unhandled exception, but the icon is usually on the left and the program icon is not seen...

Where are you extracting the program to? Do you have full read/write access to its directory? (Try a subdirectory of My Documents - it stores project files in a subdirectory under the main executable, so will not run inside Program Files - this will be remedied).

Missing .NET runtimes just spew the usual missing DLL error message, so it does indeed look like .NET 2.0 is there - do other .NET 2.0 apps run?

Try this, if you will.

Go to the directory %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727

(The version might be slightly different). Now, create a new file in Notepad, and paste in this code:

Code: Select all

using System;
using System.Windows.Forms;

public class Test {

public static void Main() {
        MessageBox.Show("It lives!");
    }

}
Save it into that .NET folder you should have open, then open a command prompt and enter:

Code: Select all

csc test.txt
...where test.txt is the file you just made. It'll spit out an executable. If you run that executable, it should pop up a message box.
elfprince13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by elfprince13 »

you version numbering was correct. the code compiled fine, however when run it showed a cmd window briefly before popping up with the error message show earlier. Also i just remembered i have .net based autoupdater for another game that also shows this message.

[edit]

i am installing it to c:\program files\latenite, however i am an administrator on the computer and have write access. also, the other autoupdater mentioned above is in a subdirectory of my documents and experiences the same issue.
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Sounds like your .NET installation is buggered, then. There's not much scope for bugs in that snippet I posted. :)

Here's the redist version of 2.0 - you could try reinstalling it.

Beta versions of the .NET framework can break things, but given that your version number matches mine it shouldn't be a problem.
elfprince13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by elfprince13 »

I did the repair installation however it seems that the problem still exists :(
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

elfprince13 wrote:I did the repair installation however it seems that the problem still exists :(
You said XP Pro - I assume that's XP Pro SP2?
I can only suggest uninstalling .NET 2.0 runtimes completely, rebooting, then doing a full reinstall.
elfprince13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by elfprince13 »

benryves wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:I did the repair installation however it seems that the problem still exists :(
You said XP Pro - I assume that's XP Pro SP2?
I can only suggest uninstalling .NET 2.0 runtimes completely, rebooting, then doing a full reinstall.
yes, SP2...alright, I guess thats what Ill have to do.
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

Just in parentheses, it can run on SP1 too.
elfprince13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by elfprince13 »

wootz, got everything fixed.
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Glad to hear it. :) Sorry if Latenite and Brass feel a little flaky. I'm slowly working on them, but I have no real free time.
elfprince13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by elfprince13 »

its allright, I know exactly how that feels.....
i just decided after all the amazing screenshots Ive seen that I should finally try them out.