Documenting TI Rom Calls to XML

One suite to code them all. An complete IDE and assembler for all your z80 projects!

Moderators: benryves, kv83

silver calc

Documenting TI Rom Calls to XML

Post by silver calc »

Here's something that's been bothering me for a while. I've decided to start a mini-project (emphasis on mini :D ) to document all the TI-83+ Rom Calls to XML format so that you can easily look them up when programming with LateNite. If you want to help, please post the rom call in the following format so I can easily copy it over:
Group: ;(so I know where to put it)
<item highlight="Function Name" colour="routine" name="Function Name" description="Description of What Function Does">
<input name="Registers: Register Inputs" />
<input name="flags: Flag Inputs" />
<input name="Other: Other Inputs" />
<output name="Registers: Register Outputs" />
<output name="Flags: Flag Outputs" />
<output name="Other: Other Outputs" />
<output name="Registers Destroyed: Registers destroyed by calling this function " />
</item>

Edit:ignore
I guess this format doesn't work... The flags don't wrap right for some reason (try it out if you know what I mean). Can some one give me a way to make it so that I can use ("<input name=" doesn't let you press 'enter' to go to next line) so that I can make it work correctly?

Edit2:
here are all the rom calls I have finished so far:
Display Rom Calls
Edit Rom Calls
Error Rom Calls
Floating Point Rom Calls
Graphing and Drawing Rom Calls
Interrupt Rom Calls
IO Rom Calls
Keyboard Rom Calls
List Rom Calls
Last edited by silver calc on Sun 05 Nov, 2006 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Please "encourage" me to work more on Image any way you deem necessary
Gambit
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Gambit »

Good idea, but what would be better (and less painful) though, is if that XML file could be automatically generated from WikiTI's database of B_CALLs. That way, the information is centralized/standardized, but the output format can vary, much like LaTeX can be transformed to DVI to PDF/SGML/TXT/etc.

Of course, only the WikiTI admins have access to the database, so either they'd have to write the script (note: highly unlikely ;)), or they could create a dump of the data so someone else in the community could. :)
"If SOURCE is outlawed, only outlaws will have SOURCE."
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

Or, you could fetch all the relevant pages. Special:Export will give you a markup-less version, wrapped in some XML. Parse that for the data you need, since we try to keep all the pages following a set format.
ImageImage
silver calc

Post by silver calc »

I've got all the rom calls (or all the ones TI wants you to know about :D), now just need to find a format that works and is easy to convert with a program to XML format.
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

You mean you have 83proutines.pdf? ;) I could write a script to troll through WikiTI's special:export pages if there's enough of a demand...
Image Image Image
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

kerm_martian wrote:You mean you have 83proutines.pdf? ;) I could write a script to troll through WikiTI's special:export pages if there's enough of a demand...
No, more like an xml-help-file for LateNite... that's why it's in this forum, you know?

XSLT's should be able to "convert" the wiki-xml to latenite-xml rather easily afaik
silver calc

Post by silver calc »

Here's the first part. I can't seem to figure out why it screws up when you click on 'see also: ...', though. It displays some weird text instead of what it should be. If some one can help me fix this, that would be great. Also please check for errors, as I did write a program to create this file, so there must be more errors (besides bad formating). Another thing is that I need a better way to organize the groups (instead of having all the functions grouped into ~18 different groups).

So, without further delay...

tada! (right click and select 'save target as')

Edit: Here are some more that I have finished.

Error Rom Calls
Edit Rom Calls
Floating Point Rom Calls