EarlyMorning - Progress & Discussion

One suite to code them all. An complete IDE and assembler for all your z80 projects!

Moderators: benryves, kv83

King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

clicking "masked sprite" 2 times errors
clicking "[1 bit] black/white (default)" errors
clicking "[1 bit] trueTI" errors
clicking the pallet icon to get to all those things when there isnt a open project errors
all those things apply to maps aswell as to sprites
the errors didnt look like my computer made them because its an idiot, but EM is cool anyway
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Hey,

thanks for reporting. Ok. Let me see:

#1: Open a file, but don't open a sprite and clicking two times on "masked sprite" will give you an error.
#2: Open a file, but don't open a map/sprite and choosing a pallette will result in an error
#3: Not opening a file at all and clicking on the pallette button will result in an error

Is that right? I recreated all errors and they are fairly easy to fix. Expect a new version in the next couple of days.
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

yep that was all i found, thanx for fixing :D
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

0.3.0.3 is released. It fixes all known bugs (including those reported by K.H.).

Also note that it will update the MAU (to version 0.1.0.2). After updating, please run MC AutoUpdateNew.exe to complete the update process. :)

If you want to update manually, follow those steps:
1. Download this zip file.
2. Unpack the zip in your em directory. (This should overwrite two files: "EarlyMorning.exe" and "MC AutoUpdate.exe")

Let me know if anything strange happens :)
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

anyone found any other bugs? I'm planning to release a version to ticalc.org, and want it as clean as possible
gangsta
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by gangsta »

MAU doesn't work for me...I run it from v.0.3.0.0, to 0.3.0.1, to 0.3.0.2, and it's fine. but when it updates to v.0.3.0.3, it deletes the EM .exe file and updates the xml file, so i have to rollback manually and redl the exe. idk what this means for EM...
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

did you get any warning when trying to download the em.exe?

could you try again? (download v.0.3.0.0 and try to update to 0.3.0.3 ?)

(it shouldn't delete the EM .exe at all. The only file which should be deleted is the old MAU.exe when (re)starting the new mau.exe. It renames the new mau.exe to mau.exe also ......)
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Incidentally, have you looked into OneClick, kv? (Go into the project properties and Publish and look at the options there).
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

hmmm... If I understand it correctly it's a somehow limited install-option, which enables web-distribution?

Why do you think I should look at this?
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

kv83 wrote:hmmm... If I understand it correctly it's a somehow limited install-option, which enables web-distribution?

Why do you think I should look at this?
It also handles automatic updates for you. From what I understand, it's still rather primitive (and a it of a hassle), but had assumed that as you'd written your own updater had looked into the .NET-provided one.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Yeah, I guess there are some alternatives delivered by Microsoft, but I figured out that those are, as you say, rather primitive. Not that mine is an full-featured and technical wonder, but it does the job (I think). I guess I stick with this, since it doesn't require a lot of strange setups :) thanks anyway, good idea's are always welcome!
gangsta
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by gangsta »

it said error, can't find [file]...
chickendude
Extreme Poster

Post by chickendude »

I don't know if someone reported this or not, but whenever I'm in the mapeditor and I'm dragging a sprite, if I go out of the bounds of the map (like if I were to drag my mouse to the task bar) it gives an "unhandled exception". It's not really a problem, it's just..there.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

@gangsta: Can you be a little more descriptive. Maybe make a screenshot or something. Explain what you did. Where are your files located? What kind of system do you use, etc.

@chickendude: Hmm.. strange. I can confirm that the bug is there. It should've been fixed in an earlier version, but I guess it reappeared after implementing the flags. Thanks for reporting! :) (It has the bugnumber 20 btw)
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Guys. I want to include in 0.3.1.0 (next to a bugfix for BG-020) RLE compression for maps.

RLE compression

In the above article, there is spoken of a "control character". What kind of control character is (commonly) used in z80? 255? Or is that variable?

Edit:
or is this the more common way of doing this?
Last edited by kv83 on Wed 04 Oct, 2006 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.