[Featured][Dev] PindurTI (Best Thread 2005)

Here you can find side projects of the staff and great projects which we think should get extra support. (Note that featured projects are not projects by staff members of MaxCoderz)

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Its been a great run and is still one of the best emulators there is. A tool that has made programming so much easier and no doubt the release of many projects, ASM & BASIC possible.

Thankyou for PindurTI CoBB!
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

agreed, it was much better than VTI by far!
Image Image Image
JoostinOnline

Post by JoostinOnline »

Is there anything we can do to change your mind about quiting (money, women, threats, etc.)?
"Macs are the Perfect Computers", said the Perfect Idiot.
Testing for:
Vera
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

Liazon wrote:agreed, it was much better than VTI by far!
Fortunately there are better options to compare it to. :)
JoostinOnline wrote:Is there anything we can do to change your mind about quiting (money, women, threats, etc.)?
Oh, I’d love to keep the project alive, but I’m lacking the resources to do so. Time, that is. As you can see, I haven’t even touched it during the last year...
Spencer
Extreme Poster

Post by Spencer »

Without the research done for PindurTI, we wouldn't have been able to make Wabbitemu.

We've also carried over many of Cobb's features, like integrated gif capture, drag-and-drop sending, and pixel textures. Even the default key layout.

Hats off to Cobb.
JoostinOnline

Post by JoostinOnline »

Spencer wrote:Without the research done for PindurTI, we wouldn't have been able to make Wabbitemu.

We've also carried over many of Cobb's features, like integrated gif capture, drag-and-drop sending, and pixel textures. Even the default key layout.

Hats off to Cobb.
Yeah, even though it is obviously not your fault, I am going to go ahead and blame you :P . Blaming someone else makes it easier, so I want to thank you for helping me get through this difficult time :wink:.
"Macs are the Perfect Computers", said the Perfect Idiot.
Testing for:
Vera
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

Spencer wrote:Without the research done for PindurTI, we wouldn't have been able to make Wabbitemu.
I think the same. Before PTI, there were no real alternatives to VTI, as TilEm was little more than a GTK port of it that didn’t really improve emulation. PTI ended up as a dead end mainly because we knew too little about the hardware while the core was coded, but it was good for stirring up interest. I hope Wabbit will be able to adapt to new models much better.