[Featured][Dev] PindurTI (Best Thread 2005)

Here you can find side projects of the staff and great projects which we think should get extra support. (Note that featured projects are not projects by staff members of MaxCoderz)

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

papersnowman

Post by papersnowman »

I had the calc turned on, I tried on homescreen, in app menu, w/ an app running... tried clearing ram, closing pti deleting the config file and reopening...
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

what slot are you loading the rom into? it should be the upper left.
papersnowman

Post by papersnowman »

Thanks a ton, I never saw anything saying I needed to use the upper left :)
(was using upper right, heh)
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

Bump -- unusable in Darwine on OS X. Can't drop a ROM image onto the window... I get the "No." cursor. Don't know if it's Finder, or Darwine, or X11 to blame. Could you possibly add a commandline parameter to load a given ROM file? Then hopefully it'll work right, and there will be a decent emulator for OS X. :)
ImageImage
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

Have you tried using send.exe? It worked for me under Wine, so there’s a chance Darwine can also handle it.

Free time is a big problem for me, no wonder I haven’t touched the code for months. :roll:
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

Aha! I hadn't thought of that. Works. Now... The F-keys pose a problem. F9-F12 are the Exposé keys. I suppose a workaround is to change the hotkeys for Exposé into command-f-keys.

And I guess it's a moot point since the debugger window doesn't have anything useful. I'm jusing seeing the outlines and labels for the sections. They're all empty except the register view. =\
ImageImage
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

That happens when there's no ROM image loaded into the associated slot, which is by default number 0, the top left one. Use that one, and the debugger should come to life.
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

Curious. It's re-loading the ROM back into slot 1... I can't seem to find where its config file got stuck. It's saying unknown file type when I try to send a copy of the ROM to slot 0, or either of my other 83+ ROMs...
ImageImage
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

When starting from a clean slate? You should delete the config file, if you haven’t done that yet. You can’t use an image in more than one slot at a time, and I can’t imagine any other source of error here that could lead to the same symptoms. :?
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

Yeah, I'm saying I have no idea where the config file is getting put. It's not in the current directory, it's not in anything obvious in ~/.wine/drive_c, but it has to be there somewhere!

Edit: It most certainly isn't anywhere in ~...

Code: Select all

hawkeye:~ ajanata$ find . -iname pti*
./Development/Calculator/Calc Devel/Latenite/Debug/PindurTI/pti.conf
hawkeye:~ ajanata$
And that file most ceratinly isn't it due to its contents.
Last edited by Andy_J on Wed 23 May, 2007 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

Well then, look for a file called pti.conf. Or just send a different ROM to slot 1 first, then try sending to slot 0.
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

Well that was most unexpected.

Code: Select all

hawkeye:~ ajanata$ cat /Applications/Darwine/WineHelper.app/Contents/Resources/pti.conf 
0:
1:ti83p_112.rom
<snip>
Wonder why it put it there.

Edit: OK, put 1.12 in slot 0 and the debugger is happy. But it still doesn't like the 1.16 or 1.19 roms... (Tried sending them before 1.12.) I'm going to dump them again later in case these aren't clean backups from before I threw them at TilEm...
ImageImage
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

Andy_J wrote:Edit: OK, put 1.12 in slot 0 and the debugger is happy. But it still doesn't like the 1.16 or 1.19 roms... (Tried sending them before 1.12.) I'm going to dump them again later in case these aren't clean backups from before I threw them at TilEm...
There is a ROM recognising mechanism built in which contains CRCs for known ROMs. 1.16 is included, 1.19 isn’t. But it shouldn’t make a difference, because for the time being any 512k file is treated as a valid 83+ ROM image (just to allow the execution of custom OSs).
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

Ah, well, let's just say it isn't a stock 1.16 ROM.

The 1.16 was dumped using TiLP2, the 1.19 was assembled with rom8x (as I cannot find my 1.19 83+, and there should be an obvious reason from my first statement in this post why I don't want to upgrade the other calc). Curious why it isn't working. I'll try again on a native Windows box the next time I have one on. :)
ImageImage
Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

CoBB, I have a request... :)
I can't load files using drag and drop using Wine under Linux. Is it possible to compile a version that takes one or more ROM images and/or files as command line arguments? Because it seems to work just fine otherwise.
Or, if you'd prefer, could you explain to me how I can use the non-interactive Linux build to get some debugging going on? Would I have to write my own front-end..? :(
http://clap.timendus.com/ - The Calculator Link Alternative Protocol
http://api.timendus.com/ - Make your life easier, leave the coding to the API
http://vera.timendus.com/ - The calc lover's OS