[Staff][Demo] Metroid Infinity

Here you can find side projects of the staff and great projects which we think should get extra support. (Note that featured projects are not projects by staff members of MaxCoderz)

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Super Speler

Post by Super Speler »

Wow that looks awsome! I can't wait to play it.
CDI
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by CDI »

You can play the demo, notice the linky in the post with the image ;)

Next to add are enemies [ not present in the first level, but eh ], cutscenes, doors, item recognition, and special events
ImageImage
Super Speler

Post by Super Speler »

I know, when I said 'can't wait' I meant, I can't wait to gt a chance to use my mom's computer and download it to play the demo.
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

cool cool, I love metroid...and the other games weren't bad I cant wait to see this one either!
The Revolution is here...
Super Speler

Post by Super Speler »

Is there any progress here, the metroid series was one of the best TI-Basic game series yet and I'd hate to see this dropped.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

I was just reading the convo about this on IRC, when i saw this forum section hilighted, i knew what it was about instantly :).

I think CDI still has plans for this game, i too would love to see further progress, but its up to CDI ultimately :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
CDI
Maxcoderz Staff

Re: [Staff][Demo] Metroid Infinity

Post by CDI »

Well, I made all 6 'items' obtainable now, you have to go get the gun and morph ball, gun before morph ball. I have decided on just 2 or so maps, outside ship and underground, just different times that will have different landscapes, I will just need to find some good vars for all the tiles and such, you know? But right now, as of last night, nothing special happens, well, doors can be shot to open now :)
ImageImage
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

I just love to see you around now, sure have missed you fred..
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

A flutter of motivation eh? Awesome! Good to see you've added more features ... got an updated screenie? :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
CDI
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by CDI »

I would, but I can't upload things to/from my calc, and can't find a decent osx emulator for the 83+... so :)
ImageImage
Art_of_camelot

Post by Art_of_camelot »

Hey, this looks really nice. Are you working on this solo?
Projects:
Projects:TBA-Soonish. :)
Updated 5/3/12
Spencer
Extreme Poster

Post by Spencer »

CDI wrote:I would, but I can't upload things to/from my calc, and can't find a decent osx emulator for the 83+... so :)
What?! ... :mad:

http://group.revsoft.org/WabbitEmu_0.9.3b1.zip

Mac OS X 10.4 or higher
CDI
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by CDI »

sorry! I have been out of the loop for over a year, my bad x.x does it require x11? and is it universal?
ImageImage
Spencer
Extreme Poster

Post by Spencer »

It is a Max OS X Cocoa port, no crappy X11 or GTK. It is a universal binary, but certainly runs much better on intel. If you don't write assembly yet, Will (the author of this port) is soon going to provide a reason for you to start.
CDI
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by CDI »

Ok, time for a little poll kinda.

I have had 2 recent ideas to expand the gameplay of Metroid Infinity besides the 'time' aspect of it, I am still working on that aspect. But I had a little thought, well two, but I only want to implement one of them.

My first thought was give Samus the ability to affect her reality temporarily by becoming invisible, sort of. She'd become an outline of her normal self, and in doing so enemies wouldn't affect her, and she'd be able to access hidden passageways, doors, and items.

My other thought was instead, give Samus the ability to flip her world over like a piece of paper [ not upside down, but like if you turned the page of a book ] to gain access to hidden items, passages, doors, etc.

Both of these would be accompanied by a timer that limits your ability to use the power so you can't go through an entire part of a level without having to deal with enemies. And either/or could be used to beat boss battles easier.
For instance, I could have a first boss be like, a robo Kraid, and if you had explored enough to get the ability to flip the world over first [ I'd make it really hard to get too ] then maybe he'd have a weak spot on his reverse side that you couldn't see before.

And before anyone mentions it, I know the second idea sounds a lot like Paper Mario or something, but then again, would Paper Metroid be a horrible idea?
ImageImage