[Staff][Dev] TIGoban

Here you can find side projects of the staff and great projects which we think should get extra support. (Note that featured projects are not projects by staff members of MaxCoderz)

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

[Staff][Dev] TIGoban

Post by Patori »

Basically, this project is an on-TI SGF editor. For those of you who are not enlightened to the way of go, SGFs are files that record games such as Othello and Go.

I plan to allow stemming, editing/saving of sgf files, and the calcuation of "ataris", score and territory.

Along side the TI program, I also will have an SGF to 8XP convertor.

Size should not be an issue, moves can be saved simply as 2 numbers per move (x and y co-ordinates on the board).

I am well aware that this program means little or nothing to most of the TI community. I am doing this for fun, and to keep my mind sharp. ^^
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

I've continued work on this program.

Currently I am investigating the idea of adding stems to the program, so that you can follow up on ideas in a go game. Fun, fun, fun.
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

So it could remember the moves you've made so you could view it in reverse order and go back to a certain move?
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

There's a game called Othello? I'm reading that in English right now. Can this same concept for your Go game be applied to Chess? Like 3FG said, view previous moves?

btw, how do you play Go? I just put random pieces down.
Image Image Image
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Othello is a strategy game.
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

As are go and Chess.

Anyways, yes, that part is currently under development. As of now, TIGoban can only read specially formatted files.

Also, the Convertor (from SGF format to 8xp) is doing well. I do not know if I wish to keep stemming (following up on other possible moves), due to space and memory restraints.