8x8 Sprite Requests: Rainbow Six Characters

A place for graphics

Moderator: DarkAuron

thecheat
Calc Guru

Post by thecheat »

just so I don't look I haven't done anything...

Anyways, I'll probably have to let homestar do it... I really don't have the time anymore... besides the fact his look pretty good.

Unfortunately I can't improve on them much, as 8x8 is decently limiting for making people.
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

Hey Flood, is there anything else you were wanting?

are you able to use the animations I made? If so you'll have to use them as 8x10's because 8x8 can't fit the weapons all the way. mabye you can have the calculator understand them as 8x8's but with a 2 pixel overlap into the next square to allow for those two pixels (not to mention the crawl is 14 pixels wide, anything thinner looks irregular).

Also if you would like slides from any of the animations just tell me and I'll post them. (unless you can seperate the slides yourself) Image
Image Image Image Homestar just earned .75 maxcoins for this post.
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

Well, I haven't gotten far enough into programming yet to need your sprites. I still can't figure out how to unbug the pathfinding, and after that I need to develop an enemy AI system that can decide where the nearest cover location is, and to pathfind its way there. After that, I need to work combat in (pretty much already worked out in my head), and ally squad AI, which im sure will be the hardest due to all the features.

But, just by looking at the sprites, the last one I would need is the sniper rifle.
Main Projects:
Zombie Attack: 20%

Side Projects:
???-25%

Staff member of Hikaru Rakuen Programming.
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

what do you mean by the sniper rifle? I already gave you a bunch of sprites with him walking.

do you want me to draw the little dot for a bullet?
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

Nm, I forgot about your first sprite, and that looks enough like a sniper rifle. :lol:

By the way, all of those sprites are totally awesome, thanks Homestar!

Edit: the post above was when I was still pessimistic this morning because I was almost late for school, I almost forgot my backpack and my gym clothes, and I cut myself on two fingers and I don't remember where I did it or when.
Main Projects:

Side Projects:
???-25%

Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

Hey floodkiller, do you have any more things you might would like?

I got a little bored inbetween two of my finals (YES THEY'RE OVER!!!) so I made a small barnyard set, aswell as some barbwire fence.

ImageImageImageImageImage

... and a mind control device? rofl :lol:

if you've got any ideas for a set (and if I have the time) I might give it a go. 'later.
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

Well, I have just about given up on making this a top down strategy game due to the fact that the pathfinding formula just seems to be too complex for me to figure it out in BASIC. Not only can I not get it to work at its simplist point, but I am totally confused on how I can make it adjust to more complex movements.

Instead, I have decided to make it a 2D side scrolling action game. I can still use all the 8x8's you created, due to the fact that I will need a zoom out function for higher scoped weapons, but I will now need 16x16 characters for the gameplay.
Main Projects:

Side Projects:
???-25%

Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

wow there is some talent behind these two bros right here! Flood you are in good hands it looks like!
The Revolution is here...
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

Thx Madskillz.

@ floodkiller: I'm trying to get this straight, you want me to remake the sprites I just made in 16x16 right?

(just wanted to make sure)

Could you explain the "zoom" thing a little, I'm kinda cofused.
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

Homestar wrote:Thx Madskillz.

@ floodkiller: I'm trying to get this straight, you want me to remake the sprites I just made in 16x16 right?

(just wanted to make sure)

Could you explain the "zoom" thing a little, I'm kinda cofused.
Yes, I need 16x16 sprites. You can make them whatever detail you want them to be.

How the zoom will work is, when a player presses a button, the game will exit the 16x16 sprites and relocate the coordinates of players and map info into an 8x8 tilemap. The player won't be able to move during zoom mode as to prevent them always wanting it zoomed out in 8x8. The zoom out mode just allows players to see more of the map with the player at the far left of the screen and a specific aiming compared to the quick aiming I worked out for the 16x16.
Main Projects:

Side Projects:
???-25%

thecheat
Calc Guru

Post by thecheat »

Here's a guy I made up really quick (under five minutes)

what do you think? I think he needs some work... but any pointers would be good.
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

He's awesome :D. I have been trying to make some sort of placeholder graphic for the engine, but I can use your graphic instead right now. What looks like he needs is body detail, instead of it all shaded in, but that is just my opinion.

Edit: I now have horizontal flipping in correlation with zooming mode. I hope to get an engine ready for pindur this weekend (it will be the first time I have ever used it :D)
Main Projects:

Side Projects:
???-25%