The New xLIB - An APP

Moderator: tr1p1ea

tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Divided by 8 ... but you have to take canvas size into account which is only mutiples of 8. So a 12x12 sprite really has a width of 16 therefore a width of 2 for the routine.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
merthsoft
Extreme Poster

Post by merthsoft »

Oh, real(1, that's used in symbolic, but that's Ok, it's easy to toggel them... How would 3x3 be good, that's too small, how do you get letter to look as they should, like "S"?
Shaun
CalcKing

Post by CalcKing »

I don't think it matters what Omnicalc uses, since it would be difficult for BOTH apps to share hooks... So it's probably okay for the real(XX syntax to be shared between them. Although... it might prevent confusion, or it might cause confusion... :?
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

well, how bout right a short no-stub program that well automatically install the app. Just Find the app and call install code.

And maybe even an uninstaller for those who don't like switching.

BUt really for the 83 plus users what does omnicalc give you that xlib won't.(symbolic don't count)
Gambit
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Gambit »

CalcKing wrote:I don't think it matters what Omnicalc uses, since it would be difficult for BOTH apps to share hooks... So it's probably okay for the real(XX syntax to be shared between them. Although... it might prevent confusion, or it might cause confusion... :?
I say change real( to something else, like imag( or something... it's not that difficult to do so :)

You can chain the parser hook, but side effects include noticeable slowness... but it probably wouldn't hurt to try :wink:
"If SOURCE is outlawed, only outlaws will have SOURCE."
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

I dont think we need chanining, when you need to use Omnicalc, install it, it will ask to overwrite hooks and say yes and once you need xLIB uninstall Omnicalc then insdtall xLIB, not that hard to do. Also right now xLIB seems to do everything that omnicalc can do related to GFX
ImageImageImageImage
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

well, I am very eager to see this...it would simplify things alot for me and give me a good reason to just completely rewrite cat trap...any clue when we can get the first app version of Xlib?
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Once it's done. Right now I havent found anymore bug (except with wrong tiles on the maps somewhere, but it has been fixed yesterday) but I think tr1p want to add more features but it shouldnt take long
ImageImageImageImage
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

know what would be neat? If Xlib could make take a pic file and store the data from it into String1, have a function (maybe Pictrcode( )to then alow you to define the data from the string as a pic (of a name of your chosing inside of ""s) and then recall it with a command like, say Drawpic( maybe with a syntax like: 1: "name", 2:Xoffset, 3:Yoffset, 4:width, 5:length, 6:Color option, 7: 0-9 pic to store to (only if 6 was a weird number, like -1 for example)
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

the string would be huge. Keep in mind that pic are compressed to 16.6666666666% of their normal size (I think)
ImageImageImageImage
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

yeah, a string with character 0-255 (would alow equal compression)...or some other data type if strings aren't feasible
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

maybe a program instead of a string
ImageImageImageImage
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

well, if you could make a program with MULTIPLE pics then it wouldn't be SO aggravating
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

Pics aren't comperssed.

Anyway, Why not just store it as a prgm or an appvar?
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

a appvar would make sense if you could paste the whole of the code into a command, and the pics are compressed in the sense that if you wrote them as :10011... then it would be 8192 bytes (64*8*12) but recorded by bits it takes only ~764 bytes (varies, but anyways...that it 9.326%)