DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

*slaps calcapture for making very bad screenshots*
ImageImageImageImage
merthsoft
Extreme Poster

Post by merthsoft »

That looks pretty good. I'm now postponing my RPG until this is done.
Shaun
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

OK yes it was CPU speed ... i had been awake for 23.5 hours and the fastcopy routine was the last thing i did ... I just wanted to get it to kevin :). But i fixed it so its all good now :).

First im going to fix up the sprite routine, then ill think about what other functions to add.

Also i am not trying to 'pwn' Omnicalc. Omnicalc is a great app that adds heaps more functionality ... it is not written for games afaik. xLIB is soley for games :).

I am also not sure how grayscale will affect the speed of the game. Kevin is the one working on that front, we will just have to see what he can cook up :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Yeah omnicalc is very cool. This is the prgm that started grayscale BASIC revolution, xLIB is just made specifically for games and faster. :) Also what I like is the fact that xLIB function doesnt returns any value, so you can use the Ans variable while you use xLIB without any problems, which was impossible with Omnicalc (Sprite( function returns 0)

Btw the 4 level grayscale on the SE is almost as good as Jim e Revolution grayscale package on the regular 83+. :) The only flaw is that pictures are extremly hard to make :([/code]
ImageImageImageImage
merthsoft
Extreme Poster

Post by merthsoft »

Does it overwrite anything used by Omnicalc or Symbolic?
Shaun
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Yes, but i havent tried to install xLIB without uninstalling omnicalc so I dont know what can happen
ImageImageImageImage
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

It overwrites the Parser hook, which both Omni and Symb need to do most of their work.
ImageImage
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

tr1p1ea wrote:OK yes it was CPU speed ... i had been awake for 23.5 hours and the fastcopy routine was the last thing i did ... I just wanted to get it to kevin :). But i fixed it so its all good now :).
So you couldn't stay up the extra half hour, for shame. :no:

j0|<1n9 :P :P :P :lol: :lol:
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Well you can just disable xLIB and enable Omnicalc or Symbolic when you want to use them.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

This is so cool...greyscale in basic...how much memory do you still have on the first app page right now?
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

I guess he have lot of space left, because it only takes 4 seconds to send it to the calc (without the garbage collecting time) and on the comp it only takes 6 KB. Omnicalc took 31 KB on the computer

Also my grayscale RPG demo now run at 2 fps on my 83+ and 4 fps on my SE, which is twice the speed than with the omnicalc version
ImageImageImageImage
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

The hex file take up like 2.4 times the mem they would if they were on calc. So i would guess tr1p still has around 13kb left to code.

I think his imagination would run out before anything else. :wink:
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Maybe if he have l;ot of space he could add temporary contrast changing and z-addressing (like Michael Vincent old BASIC tools programs) and maybe rectangle library like the ASM lib from cirrus programming :)
ImageImageImageImage
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

maybe a routine to alow a grouped file to house multiple compressed programs...and maybe alow for calling them directly to run from either text in "" and from strings (or a combination of the two)

ex:
Zip("A","ACAT","ADONE"="AZIPPED"
(would store those three programs into "AZIPPED

ex:
"CAT"->Str1: Execprg("A"Str1
="AZIPPED"
(would take program "A"and from a string "CAT" together as ACAT and execute it from AZIPPED)

final ex:
"ED"->Str1:Unzip("AZIPP"Str1
(would extract all programs from "AZIPPED"
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Hmm, xLIB is more intended for GFXs, not file management. I assume the first op^tion weould group files into 8xg group files. Maybe this would be cool in EBL, but remember that "write to flash"="garbage collect"="get new batteries soon"=bad .
ImageImageImageImage