topic content deleted

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

DJ Omnimaga wrote:if people fail to understand that the fact english is not my native language and that all this life shit screwed me up and make me take stuff more the wrong way I am sorry they feel this way. Maybe one day it will happens to you (maybe in a worse way) and you will understand then.
First, English isn't my native language either. I'm Dutch, like many other people in the community. If you don't understand the language well enough, you could take a course in it or ask someone to translate. It's no use to expect everything you don't understand to be meant abusive.

Second, I've been teased and bugged enough in my life (still am, often enough) to know that the only way to deal with it is not making a big deal out of it. This is really something you have to work on yourself, and that you can't solve by trying to change the world around you. You can't expect some random semi-anonymous people in a random community to behave just because you're a sensitive person. You either don't take the risk and stay away or you work on your sensitivity so you can stand it. Trust me; it'll be a useful skill in the real world too, later in life.
http://clap.timendus.com/ - The Calculator Link Alternative Protocol
http://api.timendus.com/ - Make your life easier, leave the coding to the API
http://vera.timendus.com/ - The calc lover's OS
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

imho it's not the responsibility of other people to deal with your problems.
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

Please acknolwedge the fact that not everyone is the same. By not dealing with problems and just ignoring it can create even bigger problems, as we've seen some real life examples. Columbine, the VT shootings, etc.
That is not to say everyone will end up going postal, but it does help to speak whatever is on one's mind.

kv, Kevin hasn't told anyone to help him solve his problems. He's just saying what's on his mind.
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

post removed
Last edited by DJ_O on Fri 11 Jan, 2008 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

currahee wrote:kv, Kevin hasn't told anyone to help him solve his problems. He's just saying what's on his mind.
if people fail to understand (...) that all this life shit screwed me up and make me take stuff more the wrong way (...). Maybe one day it will happens to you (maybe in a worse way) and you will understand then.
:no:

"Bohoo. Life is bad. Everyone is treating me bad." ... Well, guess what; Life is a bitch. Accept it. Go on with your life. If you think everyone in the ti-community is against you, maybe you should rethink why that is. Did it ever occured that it may be you overreacting?
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

post removed
Last edited by DJ_O on Fri 11 Jan, 2008 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Maybe we are realistic? Live in your dream world mate. Sure it's hard for a person if someone dies, but he won't get any special treatment from me because of it.

Never heard of freemdom of speach?

You're not getting a special treatment, just because you got a sucky life. Everyone has problems, but you're the only on that makes a huge fuss about it. Well, here's news for you: You're not the only one with problems!
It's people who make everything to make me overeact.
== Whining!
NanoWar
Extreme Poster

Post by NanoWar »

For some people, life is much worse than a bitch. Getting along with it is not always easy. Dealing with criticism can be difficult, too. Why don't you all let him solve his problems in his way? Of course he needs to work on himself - who doesnt? - but he knows that. At least you must admit that the bashing in #tcpa (etc.) went too far.
Both sides made mistakes. It's not getting any better in this thread.
Revolution Software
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

He's been around for about 6 years, and he's been like this for about the same time. I am getting rather bored with his whine-threads!
NanoWar
Extreme Poster

Post by NanoWar »

Well then, you must "Accept it. Go on with your life." :) .
Revolution Software
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

DJ Omnimaga wrote:It's people who make everything to make me overeact.
No one makes you do anything. You're responsible for all your actions and their consequences. This is true for every single person, regardless of situation, except those who are not functionally competent.
Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

DJ Omnimaga wrote:Kv83/timendus: Do you even have a heart or is it a stone that you have in place?
Did you actually read my comments, or did you just project your own image of general annoyance over them? If you read them you might have seen someone being mildly surprised and honestly trying to give you some advice.

I agree that kv is being a bit harsh, but that too is his right, and you'd do well to learn to ignore it soon, because it'll make your life much easier.

@Nano: well spotted ;)
http://clap.timendus.com/ - The Calculator Link Alternative Protocol
http://api.timendus.com/ - Make your life easier, leave the coding to the API
http://vera.timendus.com/ - The calc lover's OS
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

All of you people say "ignore it" and it may work for some people, but let me emphasize what I said earlier: Not everyone is the same and that's the problem. Everyone will see something differently than what you see.

Kevin is depressed guys, so it makes it that much harder for him to ignore everything. In fact if he's bipolar it makes EVERYTHING difficult.
I just want you guys to think, for once in your life on what you're doing to someone. A real person. If a person starts talking about his or her problems do you just blow them off? say tough shit so move on and then walk away? No, it doesn't work like that. You can't just switch moods magically with depression.

I don't want to point fingers or be someone who tells you to do something here guys, but seriously its just not something you say or do to depressed people. It makes them feel worse.

Look up some articles on depression and bipolar disorder. If you're still confused on what words can do to a depressed person, I highly recommend you take Psych 101 in your college classes.
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
jimmothy

Post by jimmothy »

I really don’t understand this place. Someone who nearly commits suicide one day, gets re-fed-up the next and decides to take down his website, into which he has invested years of work. He then warns the people here, on maxcoderz that it is down. Not realizing the fact that this might be another time he may be near the edge and that there are other more productive things to do with their time. The general forum population goes ahead and belittles this person under the “life sucks" and therefore I can say whatever I want justification (just incase you didn’t know this, he realizes this). This eventually culminates in this person being driven from yet another place where he had previously found refuge. The only legitimate justification I can find for these acts on this person, is that he did not want to make your insensitivities his problems and therefore proceeded to ban numerous tcpa users from the #omnimaga IRC channel which as it would seem, would make many people happy. kv apparently is sick of his 'whining' yet joins in the festivities even though his wish is being granted. . Now kV, you would do well to take your own advice because you are making it HIS responsibility to deal with YOUR seeming unfeeling self. i do not think i have to point out this is not solely kv's problem either.
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

I don't see any insults against him, kv83 expressed himself coldly, but thats how he's always been. Just because Kevin reacted badly doesn't mean theres malice here. It's nice of you guys to try to defend him but everyone pretty much knew he was going to do this from the start.