Al Gore and his peace prize. *this might get monkey*

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

133794m3r

Al Gore and his peace prize. *this might get monkey*

Post by 133794m3r »

Ok, as all of you are probably aware of Al Gore Recently won a Noble Peace prize for peace.

I believe that the idiot shouldn't have gotten anything well because, he's dumb. I don't care if he graduated from an IVY league school in his past. It's the present.

Here is usally what he says "We must prevent the world from 'I invented the internet' global warming oh wait cooling. Oh wait that was the 80s thing. I'm Al Gore listen to me"

Of course, there was like no one else to give it to but still couldn't they've just not given one this year?

So what do all of you think?
Life is filled with,:;
Error: Syntax
1: Quit
2: Goto
*presses 2*
Haha you lose.
What I don't lose.
Any way all should learn through trial and (Syntax, Domain, Range, Undefined, Lbl, Memory, No Sign Change, and your face) Error.
blueskies
Calc Wizard

Re: Al Gore and his peace prize. *this might get monkey*

Post by blueskies »

133794m3r wrote:I believe that the idiot shouldn't have gotten anything well because, he's dumb. I don't care if he graduated from an IVY league school in his past. It's the present.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Oh man, you just made my day with your ignorance. Thanks! :D
JoostinOnline

Post by JoostinOnline »

I agree with 133794m3r, Al Gore is a complete idiot.
"Macs are the Perfect Computers", said the Perfect Idiot.
Testing for:
Vera
Super Speler

Post by Super Speler »

You are a moron.
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

I'm about as anti-Gore as you can get, and even this topic embarrasses me.
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

I don't think he really deserved the prize (though he did more than some who have received it- Henry Kissinger springs readily to mind), and I have a lot of problems with some of the things he says and does, but sheesh is this topic ignorant.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
driesguldolf
Extreme Poster

Post by driesguldolf »

euh aren't we supposed to be happy? ok that he wins the noble prize is a bit questionable but hey global warming/cooling is a problem and if not solved its going to be a very serious problem!
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

"this might get monkey"? Nice vocabulary there. :P
Image Image Image
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

driesguldolf wrote:euh aren't we supposed to be happy? ok that he wins the noble prize is a bit questionable but hey global warming/cooling is a problem and if not solved its going to be a very serious problem!
Well, that's the problem: we still don't fully understand climate change or the extent of the problem. He was essentially awarded for a hypothesis. Endorsing politicians also raises an eyebrow.
Projects:

driesguldolf
Extreme Poster

Post by driesguldolf »

DigiTan wrote:
driesguldolf wrote:euh aren't we supposed to be happy? ok that he wins the noble prize is a bit questionable but hey global warming/cooling is a problem and if not solved its going to be a very serious problem!
Well, that's the problem: we still don't fully understand climate change or the extent of the problem. He was essentially awarded for a hypothesis. Endorsing politicians also raises an eyebrow.
I think he got the noble peace prize because if we do nothing about the climate there will be wars, and he gave it some media attention, so no war. Everyone happy :mrgreen:
Ok it's a bit simplistic but... well he didn't got the noble prize for climate^^

j/k :P
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

DigiTan wrote:
A hypothesis which has, cliche as the phrase has now become, a consensus of the scientific community. And as Gore has repeatedly confirmed that he will not run for president, and he currently holds no political office nor has any publicly known plans to seek any, I don't see how it is an endorsement of a politician.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
jimmothy

Post by jimmothy »

my teacher was on a team that got the prize last year.
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

dysfunction wrote:And as Gore has repeatedly confirmed that he will not run for president.
I could have said the exact same thing about Joe Biden, John Edward, Mike Gravel, Chriss Dodd and Barak Obama less than a year ago. No one here's arguing that climate change isn't a solid theory. But there's thousands of people who've been at the study much longer and weren't swayed into it by the political climate. And like I said, this isn't confirmed and applied theory like the math or physics prizes. It's about notoriety.
Projects:

133794m3r

Re: Al Gore and his peace prize. *this might get monkey*

Post by 133794m3r »

blueskies wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Oh man, you just made my day with your ignorance. Thanks! :D
So yeah I don't see why you're saying that I'm ignorant. I've checked out all of this. He flip-flops, he's dumb so he can't know what he's saying.

Ok it is just a naturally occuring process. The science is in, the Earth goes through this cycle every 400-768 years. Plus if it even got that warm, we'd have a second ice age. Also human affects on the climate is less than 1% so Al is just making stuff up and is trying to appear smart. Can't wait till 12/21/2012. The world might actually flip on it's side. Thus we should be worrying about that more than global anything. The last time the earth went through this it was greatly changed. The current N.P. was directly alinged with the equator. It happens every 768,452 years. That is if my memory serves me correct. The world's climate is guarenteed to change on that day. It may change as little as a shift of a tilt to right of 23 degrees, to such an extreme change as putting our N.P. and S.P. (current) in line with the equator.
Life is filled with,:;
Error: Syntax
1: Quit
2: Goto
*presses 2*
Haha you lose.
What I don't lose.
Any way all should learn through trial and (Syntax, Domain, Range, Undefined, Lbl, Memory, No Sign Change, and your face) Error.
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

Al always 'forgets' to show graphs over a longer timespan..
Even in the Middel-Ages it was far warmer than it is now (or than it will be in the near future even according to Al's graphs) and man-kind has survived an ice age without much in the way of technology before..

the N.P. is just a piece of ice though, it cannot have been anywhere close to the equator, and that the S.P. used to be around the equator might have more to do with the fact that it was connected to Australia.. the actual axis-wobble is only 23.5 degrees before it wobbles back (to 23.5 degrees the other way) and is extremely slow, like this:
afaik that alone could only shift climate-zones
but it isn't alone, and the era we're in certainly isn't warm compared to when there were still dinosaurs
Tr, J and K are major "dinosaur" era's