Who Lives In Australia

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

kalan_vod
Calc King

Who Lives In Australia

Post by kalan_vod »

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/co ... 03,00.html
Health minister Siti Fadillah Supari called the re-emergence of the disease "a sporadic epidemic", adding to concerns that the virus could mutate into a deadly human-to-human form.
sounds serious, wish the best for who live near Jakarta, Australia.
d4vz

Post by d4vz »

I think tr1p1ea lives in Australia...
A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having.
KevinJB
Calc Wizard

Post by KevinJB »

Not the first time; but definetly bad. I don't claim to be a expert; but if it went human -> human, all it takes is one person boarding a plane...
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
KevinJB | RevSoft
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Rezek wrote:Not the first time; but definetly bad. I don't claim to be a expert; but if it went human -> human, all it takes is one person boarding a plane...
yes, i hate to fly b/c of that reason (airborne sicknesses).
KevinJB
Calc Wizard

Post by KevinJB »

The Hot Zone (non-fiction) is an excellent book on the subject. As is the Cobra Event (same author) but it's fiction...
KevinJB | RevSoft
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

kalan_vod wrote:
Rezek wrote:Not the first time; but definetly bad. I don't claim to be a expert; but if it went human -> human, all it takes is one person boarding a plane...
yes, i hate to fly b/c of that reason (airborne sicknesses).
What does you, yourself have to do with the sicknesses? Are you bringing diseases across the world when you travel? :? If you are saying you are afraid of getting sick on the plane from people with wierd diseases, then that is a strange phobia indeed. :shockedpuzzled:
bananas... o.o
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Spengo wrote:What does you, yourself have to do with the sicknesses? Are you bringing diseases across the world when you travel? :? If you are saying you are afraid of getting sick on the plane from people with wierd diseases, then that is a strange phobia indeed. :shockedpuzzled:
no just saying that its something i think briefly about. And also i saw this in the news (on a website) and I knew tr1p is from there and like one other person.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Well errr Jakata is in Indonesia which is directly above Australia. Looks like the bird flu is possibly back ... good thing i live all the way down the bottom of Australia. I appreciate the concern guys :).

*starts building quarantine shelter*
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

ROFL

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

tr1p1ea wrote:Well errr Jakata is in Indonesia
Which is what I thought... Guess kalan_vod didn't pay attention during geography classes ;)

I keed, I keed.
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

lol.... So is there any way to cure or treat this bird flu?
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
KevinJB
Calc Wizard

Post by KevinJB »

(again not an expert!)

I believe there is medicine for it, or to treat it. It's not instant-death; healthy people can survive it. Those at (serious) risk are babies; the elderly and those with diseases such as cancer.
The true seriousness of the disease comes from the fact that it travels through air; i.e no easy way to contain it.
Fortunately; it hasn't mutated into human -> human form yet; so only the rare bug that mutates into the ability to go from bird -> human is dangerous; these few outbreaks have been contained to Hong Kong (?) and have been kept... erm... contained. The fact that it's in Indonesia (speling; I know) is what is disturbing.
Again; this is through word of mouth; I don't know what I'm talking about is fact. This is how it was explained to me...

Besides; we know it's not the end of the world; that doesn't happen till September 23, 2012 ;)
KevinJB | RevSoft
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

hmm....yeah about that, Opps :oops:
Kerey

Post by Kerey »

Ok, I guess I can kind of see how you might not know where Jakarta is, (since you're too young to have played "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego" heh) but did you read the article? And then three other people didn't notice afterward... it took until tr1p posted.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Kerey wrote:Ok, I guess I can kind of see how you might not know where Jakarta is, (since you're too young to have played "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego" heh) but did you read the article? And then three other people didn't notice afterward... it took until tr1p posted.
i skimed through it, and yeah took 3 people.... :shock: