Desolate: Game Discussion

Moderator: tr1p1ea

Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

Glad to hear it! You should be happy to know Tr1p...that I have been playing your game off and on during my boring classes, Math, English, Geography. I am not quite done. I have wrote out all the codes for doors, I am making a complete list of all the items, I have/will finish drawing a detailed map of the whole game. The map looks pretty cool so far...it is really detailed, I made it on graph paper! :D When I am done, I have will have spent so much time on it, I think I will make a walk through with everything. Is that ok with you?
The Revolution is here...
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Hahaha awesome! :), 1 problem ... door-codes 2,3,4 are randomly generated when you restart a game ... but 1 always stays the same.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

tr1p1ea wrote:1 problem ... door-codes 2,3,4 are randomly generated when you restart a game ... but 1 always stays the same.
Which is a nice feature I may add :wink:
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

darn...that my be a problem! :) Oh well...a nice feature though! I had only played the game twice, and I had lost my previous list of door codes, so I couldn't check and see if they were the same. Oh by the way, I had given it to my friend, and he beat it within 2 days, playing it off and on. He loved the ending when you put the no animals were harmed in the making of this game. :wink:
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Hahaha, yeah i thought that might make some people laugh :).
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

What was everyone's finish time exactly? Mine was exactly 60 minutes from 0 AM to 1 AM, I had a headache later on 8) .
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

Kozak wrote:What was everyone's finish time exactly? Mine was exactly 60 minutes from 0 AM to 1 AM, I had a headache later on 8) .
I played for 20 minutes and then stopped cuz i was frustrated, i couldn't get past door 3.

EDIT: i decided to start playing again, and i'm stuck at the exact same point. Where can i get acces code 2?????!!! I checked the map, and i already picked up every item that i could pick up.
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

Well...the access code for level two doors is located in the the far left computer...the only one not cracked! You have to first turn on the generator than go back down through to the comps. That should help you! I am almost 100% positive on that one, I forgot to write down which Data Cart it was...I'll have to go back and read through them again, maybe it was 6 or something. :wink:

edit: I just checked the code to the level two doors is found within data cart 2

I beat the whole game...in an hour, when I beta tested it. I didn't find anybugs except for one spelling error, which I gave Tr1p. Now...I have been taking my time going through and trying to make a good walkthrough of the entire game. I have recreated pretty much the whole map, with approx. enemy locations, weapons, tools, and other stuff found throughout the game. That so far has taken me at least 4 class periods working off and on during that 50 min time. It is truly a great game Tr1p!
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

After playing over and over and over and over again (during the grayscale crashing period.. I did heavy beta testing with tr1p), I've managed to beat the whole thing in under 30 minutes. Unfortunately I've outplayed it so it's hard for me to go and play it again, but it's still a magnificent game.
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Well i have probably played the game a ga-zillion times more than anyone else so i am sick of it :).
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

lol

Post by the_unknown_one »

I've played it alot too (i was betatester) so i've had enough of it too, but it ROCKS! :lol: Great game :)
Deathsting

Map size

Post by Deathsting »

Ya its a cool game, but the access code was frustrating

Q: how big was the map you used

and plz release the source code. I could really use it
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Hey tr1p. Any idea when you post the stuff you didn't included in the final version of the game as promised in the interview. :D I am sorry to 'push' you, but I am so curious about that...
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

ok here is an early plan file ... note that there is some dialog that was taken out because it was either silly, didnt fit in with the story or there wasnt enough room (typos and everything have been left in :)):
Overview:

Your a clone (but you dont know it) and you have been loaded onto a space cruiser ('Desolate ' :P) as part of a special cargo for a military research installment in another corner of the galaxy.

Somewhere along the journey (about 3/4 through) all communication is lost with Desolate.

The ship encounters a meteorite shower, in which it is heavily damaged. The onboard scientists also notice that with the metorites came some stole-aways. These creatures lay dormant at first but burst into life destroying everything and everyone in their path.

The ship is not equiped for an attack carrying only one type of weapon (an ion-phaser). As a desperate effort the crew activates the clone-re-animation system awakening the clones. However their actions are too little too late. Everyone is slaughtered.

During the re-animation process one of the cryo-capsules jammed. Without enough time to assess the problem the crew moved onto the next one. Occupant re-animation is now complete and the clone steps out of the chamber not knowing who he is, where he is, or what he is going to do....but at least he is alive.

Intro:

Page 1: "The 'Desolate' a Military Cruiser, leaves Earth. Its Mission is secretive. Its cargo, experimental."
Page 2: "2 Earth years pass

In-game notes (Data Cartridges):

1 - "Im hurt bad...I dont think im gonna make it. I changed the Level 1 acces code to: 4057. Maybe that will hold them off for a while..."

2 - "Willis and i are stuck. Needless to say we're both done for. We might have had a chance, but some idiot changed the Level 1 access code!"

3 - "I think one of the cleaners is stealing medical equipment from the store-room. I changed to Level 2 Access Code to 5479 as a precaution."

4 - "I dont see why I should be the one who has to fix the generator. There is no way i am going with those things out there."

"It truly baffles me, considering our cargo, why they insist on equiping this ship with ONLY ion-phasers. These weapons are useless."

"Dr Morgan: The meteorite shower claimed a lot of the crew. However some of the bodies feature strange abresions. Almost like bite marks?"

"Dr Morgan: I seem to have found some sort of creature. At first i thought it was deceased, but it sprang up and atacked my associate!"

"Dr Morgan: It appears that these creatures arrived with the meteorites. They are also very hostile, attacking everything within reach."

"Dr Morgan: To make matters worse the creatures are evolving rapidly. My associate claims that he has just seen one over 7 feet tall!."

"Capt Millin: We are losing the crew fast. These creatures are unstoppable. I sent Willis to release the clones, its the only chance we have."

"Capt Millin: We are transporting a shipment of genetically engineered clones to the iH-2 Military Installment for testing. These guys are impressive."

"Capt Millin: Im anxious to see the clones in action. They are faster, stronger and smarter than anything we've ever come accross before.

"Capt Millin: I just recieved word that the installment on earth was wiped out. Details are sketchy but we now carry the only clone prototypes."

"Damn it! Why on earth i volunteered for this mission i will never know. I knew i should have taken a package and called it quits."

"Crew...its been an honour to serve as your Captan. The Level 4 Access Code will get you to the evacuation deck. Its 9-15, good luck."

"This is ludicrus! 65 credits for a proton-bar? How the hell do they expect us to snack while we work? The agency is getting on my nerves."

"Willis: We are in BIG trouble. Only 1 clone survived the meteorite storm. There is a probelm with re-animation, its going to take 6 hours."

Items:

Data Cartridge Reader
Data Cartridge(x18)
Power Drill
Life Support Schematics
Hydrolic Lever
Power Cell
Escape Module Parts
Rubick's Cube
Golden Duck Idol

Weapons:
Ion Phaser ..... that is all ;P

Puzzles:

Fix the generator with Power Drill
Use Workstation and get Level 2 Access Code ONLY if generator is fixed
Find a Weapon
Re-Configure Life Support System with Schematics
Activate Air-Lock with Hydrolic Lever
Fix Mainframe with Power Cell so that Guidance System is Operational
Work out puzzle with ion phaser X 4 ..... ???? (dont know yet) :S
Repair Escape Module with Spare Parts and Escape!
Most of the other stuff was written with pen and paper (like game map etc) ... I will get a hold of a scanner and post them when i can :).
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

nice! :D good read :) can't wait for the other info :D