Desolate German Version

Moderator: tr1p1ea

User avatar
kalan_vod
Calc King
Posts: 2932
Joined: Sat 18 Dec, 2004 6:46 am
Contact:

Post by kalan_vod »

I think this could be the only game made with diff. laguages (well more than 2)
User avatar
DJ_O
Calc King
Posts: 2312
Joined: Mon 20 Dec, 2004 6:47 pm
Location: Quebec (Canada)
Contact:

Post by DJ_O »

Well Illusiat series (except Illusiat 4) and Reign of legends are both in french and english. Illusiat 3 is also in spanish
Liazon
Calc Guru
Posts: 962
Joined: Thu 27 Oct, 2005 8:28 pm

Post by Liazon »

Vive el español!

how does the Asian language versions of the Ti-OS work?
Image Image Image
User avatar
Dwedit
Maxcoderz Staff
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed 15 Dec, 2004 6:06 am
Location: Chicago!
Contact:

Post by Dwedit »

RedNifre wrote: Is there ANY chance that you can add ä ö ü to the font?
Older rom versions of the TI83 had those characters in its font. If you really want them, modify the program to use something like bubfont.
You know your hexadecimal output routine is broken when it displays the character 'G'.
User avatar
NanoWar
Extreme Poster
Posts: 365
Joined: Fri 17 Dec, 2004 6:39 pm
Location: #$&"%§!
Contact:

Post by NanoWar »

I would just use
ae = ä
oe = ö
ue = ü
like in crossword puzzles...

And... A few things don't sound german in the translation.
some suggestions:
(just search for them, Alt+F)


alle bei MaxCoderz
>
das MaxCoderz-Team


Jeden in #TCPA (EFNet)
>
#tcpa (EFNet)


Verdiene dir 3 gute Orden
>
Verdiene 3 gute Orden


muss erst anpasst werden
>
muss erst angepasst werden


Rubikwurfel
>
Rubiks Wuerfel


Wenigstens ist er am Leben
>
Zumindest ist er am Leben


Crew,es war eine Ehre
als euer Captain zu
dienen.
>
Crew, es war mir eine Ehre, euer Kapitaen zu sein.


rüusten
>
ruesten
Revolution Software
RedNifre
New Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon 07 Mar, 2005 1:53 pm

Post by RedNifre »

@NanoWar's comment:
Thank you for the constructive ideas!

>I would just use
>ae = ä
>oe = ö
>ue = ü
>like in crossword puzzles...
I considered that. But then I had to use ss instead of ß as well, which would inclease the size of the words a lot. (I tried to mix ß with ae oe ue, but it was strange to read)

>And... A few things don't sound german in the translation.
>some suggestions:
>(just search for them, Alt+F)


>alle bei MaxCoderz
>>
>das MaxCoderz-Team

Hm, yeah. I agree that your translation sounds better. But mine is closer to the original. I don't know which one should be used. Comments, anyone?


>Jeden in #TCPA (EFNet)
>>
>#tcpa (EFNet)
No, I don't like that idea. The greetings should go to the persons in the channel, not the channel itself. Again, my translation is closer to what tr1p wrote.


>Verdiene dir 3 gute Orden
>>
>Verdiene 3 gute Orden
This suggestion is completely wrong. You are mixing the reflexive "verdienen" with the non-reflexive "verdienen". Those two have different meanings in German. The non-reflexive one means "deserve", while the reflexive one means "earn".


>muss erst anpasst werden
>>
>muss erst angepasst werden
Jepp, that's wrong. But I'm not sure if I did that on purpose, because the line wouldn't fit. Maybe I should check the length of that line on the calc to make sure. Thanks anyway!


>Rubikwurfel
>>
>Rubiks Wuerfel
You are right, it is officially called "Rubiks Würfel".

>Wenigstens ist er am Leben
>>
>Zumindest ist er am Leben
Hm... you might be right again. Or maybe it should read "Zumindest lebt er" or "Zumindest lebt er noch"? Don't know which one is the best. Comments?

>Crew,es war eine Ehre
>als euer Captain zu
>dienen.
>>
>Crew, es war mir eine Ehre, euer Kapitaen zu sein.
You are right, there should be a "mir". But I don't like the rest;
Well, it captures the meaning, but it doesn't sound sci-fi enough. In most german texts, the german word "Kapitän"/"Käpt'n" usually refers to the captain of a sea-ship, while space-ship captains are also called "Captain" in german texts/television series etc.
And about "dienen" vs "sein": Tr1p used "served". So I think the translation should be "dienen".

>rusten
>>
>ruesten
Huh? Why do you point out this specific occurence of "ue" vs "u"?
User avatar
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff
Posts: 2735
Joined: Wed 15 Dec, 2004 7:26 pm
Location: The Hague, Netherlands
Contact:

Post by kv83 »

RedNifre wrote:@NanoWar's comment:
Thank you for the constructive ideas!

>I would just use
>ae = ä
>oe = ö
>ue = ü
>like in crossword puzzles...
I considered that. But then I had to use ss instead of ß as well, which would inclease the size of the words a lot. (I tried to mix ß with ae oe ue, but it was strange to read)
Just use the ae, oe and ue ones. It's best way to go.
>alle bei MaxCoderz
>>
>das MaxCoderz-Team

Hm, yeah. I agree that your translation sounds better. But mine is closer to the original. I don't know which one should be used. Comments, anyone?
I agree with Nanowar. The 2nd sounds better. But Tr1p didn't ment to adress (only) the MaxCoderz staff, but also the forum. So you could best say something like "Alle von MaxCoderz" imho.
>Jeden in #TCPA (EFNet)
>>
>#tcpa (EFNet)
No, I don't like that idea. The greetings should go to the persons in the channel, not the channel itself. Again, my translation is closer to what tr1p wrote.
How 'bout "die jungs von #tcpa (EFNet)"
>Wenigstens ist er am Leben
>>
>Zumindest ist er am Leben
Hm... you might be right again. Or maybe it should read "Zumindest lebt er" or "Zumindest lebt er noch"? Don't know which one is the best. Comments?
"Zumindest lebt er nog" sounds best imo.
Image
User avatar
NanoWar
Extreme Poster
Posts: 365
Joined: Fri 17 Dec, 2004 6:39 pm
Location: #$&"%§!
Contact:

Post by NanoWar »

alle bei MaxCoderz
>
das MaxCoderz-Team
>
das MaxCoderz-Forum? ^^

kv:
"Zumindest lebt er noch..." - you know :wink:
"Die Jungs von #tcpa (EFNet)" - great idea.
rüusten
- "üu" ?
Revolution Software
RedNifre
New Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon 07 Mar, 2005 1:53 pm

Ä Ö Ãœ ä ö ÃÂÂ

Post by RedNifre »

Errm, I just peeked into an asm tutorial which has the small font as a reference. It seems that the small font already HAS umlauts and sharp s.

It looks like this:
ä : 91h
ö : A9h
ü : B1h
Ä : 8Dh
Ö : A5h
Ü : ADh
ß : F4h

Could someone check if this turns out into a german sentence?

.db "F",$B1,"r gr",$A9, $F4"ere ",$8D,"u",$F4,"erungen..."

If those are real german letters I'd redo the translation.
Post Reply