I keep missing

Moderator: Kozak

Digressor

I keep missing

Post by Digressor »

Hello, i'm new here (actually i had been reading the old forums for a long while, and even had an acount, but rarely posted) and i downloaded verdante forest, but in chp 1 i keep meeting enemies that i can't ever hit. I restarted the game and put more points into spirit, but it still happened. I think it might be a bug because the enemies aren't stronger, they just are really hard to hit. I'm using an 83+ by the way.
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

Hmmm...it could be a disbalance or a bug. I don't think it's a bug since I've never encountered that before after I fixed the disbalance (it used to be really hard to hit enemies, like you experience now). I will look into it and try to find a fix.
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

It just might be a bug.. in Diablo II sometimes theres an enemy that I'll knock their life down, and then I won't be able to hit them at all (only two enemies have had this occur with me, more than once: Maggot Eggs in Act II and Lurkers in Act IV). It gets really annoying :roll:
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
ISUCK
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by ISUCK »

huh, i always thought that it would be harder to hit in the early levels, especially if you are a lower level than the monster... if you think about it that way, then it makes sense
tokijnct

Post by tokijnct »

Happened to me the first time I downloaded it. But after I re-sent the files, I stopped missing the darned seemingly uber defensed monsters as much.
Digressor

Post by Digressor »

I've downloaded it twice, and it has happened both times. These uber-monsters don't appear right away, and it's not all of them either. Mabye it's just an error in the calculations?
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

Maybe I gave some enemies to high 'a agility. I'll look into it and tone them down a little :).

EDIT: I see I gave the sorceress, helmet and skeleton pirate a very high agility. I think I will raise the standard chance to hit.
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
Digressor

Post by Digressor »

Sounds good. I don't really like missing that much, i think it should be just like a penalty for not upgrading spirit to make sure your character doesn't get uber-strong.
tokijnct

Post by tokijnct »

An uber character can't really beat the game unless they get over 295hp for both characters or unless the enemies decide to attack David relentlessly.
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

I've made chapter 7 easier, I've upload it here:
www.maxcoderz.net/tvf