TI-84+ Game Help

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

TI84SE

TI-84+ Game Help

Post by TI84SE »

Before you delete/close this topic, this is NOT a question about how to send games to your calculator.

Here are some games I have played/tried to play.

The Verdantes Forest: The Final Tale: I love this game! It's awesome! The gameplay is good, graphics are sweet, storyline is pretty good too. I downloaded it last night and started playing (I had the beta for the first chapter on my calc for a while). I was having fun, but suddenly, something went wrong. I was battling, and I missed for like 50 turns in a row! Until I finally died. It happened like 3-4 times. Is this some sort of glitch? I downloaded it, I tried to play the game itself unarchived then archived, but it was still doing it. Are you only supposed to send one chapter (unarchived) at a time? I sent all the chapters and the game itself at the same time. Also should the game be archived or unarchived? I hope the creator of this game could help me out. Some minor problems are the sprite size (sometimes I can't fit through the trees or cross a bridge, however it seems much improved from the beta). And the one I mentioned above about the battling.

Reuben Quest: Although I don't think this game was made from someone from this site, I have some problems downloading it. Does anyone else have it? I saw it and it looked awesome! It was in BASIC and it had grayscale graphics! When I download it, I have some problems. There is a file under Archive/part 2, that says 'RAM'. I sent it as archive, the way he said to, but it doesn't run. I deleted it then tried again, but it doesn't :(

Phoenix: I have seen many versions of phoenix (Phoenix 3.2, Phoenix III, Phoenix Z, Altered Phoenix) I have tried 3.2, III, and Z. Which is the most popular? In your opinion, which one do you think is best? 3.2 is good gameplay, but the title screen is very crappy. Z has a better title screen, and the graphics seem a bit better. III has MUCH better graphics, but the game is just way too easy. I haven't tried Altered Phoenix yet, I will most likely though.

I'll edit this post after I remember what my other questions were.
gimpynerd
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by gimpynerd »

I sent all TVF files to my calc and unarchived one chapter at a time. I played until the 6th chapter when I tried to fight someone and it crashed. THe missing deal is just the way he has the game set up...not a bug I don't believe.

Can't help you on Reuben Quest.

Pheonix III is not finished which explains its ease. Pheonix 3.2 is probably the best. All the others are mods others people made to the graphics and such. You should try Phantom Star. It is made by maxcoderz and is really good. Also Fire Track 2 is very good although I find it quite hard.
Reginald Tucker (Gimpynerd) www.gimpynerd.com
Amateur Programmer / Game Designer

Want to learn Z80 assembly? E-mail me at gimpynerd@gmail.com to set up a time for lessons!
TI84SE

Post by TI84SE »

gimpynerd wrote:I sent all TVF files to my calc and unarchived one chapter at a time. I played until the 6th chapter when I tried to fight someone and it crashed. THe missing deal is just the way he has the game set up...not a bug I don't believe.

Can't help you on Reuben Quest.

Pheonix III is not finished which explains its ease. Pheonix 3.2 is probably the best. All the others are mods others people made to the graphics and such. You should try Phantom Star. It is made by maxcoderz and is really good. Also Fire Track 2 is very good although I find it quite hard.
Does Phantom star work on MirageOS? Same with Fire Track 2.

~TI84SE
gimpynerd
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by gimpynerd »

Yes they do... I suggest using CrunchyOS, although TVF doesn't work right in it. It supports compressed programs...

Want to learn Z80 assembly? E-mail me at gimpynerd@gmail.com to set up a time for lessons!
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

MirageOS supports compressed programs too.. Although there isn't much point on the SE/84+...
ImageImage
gimpynerd
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by gimpynerd »

is that a new feature in v1.2?

Dwedit
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Dwedit »

Compressed programs in mirage? Since when?
You know your hexadecimal output routine is broken when it displays the character 'G'.
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

1.2. Actually, newer Omnicalc added that for 1.1, in a roundabout way.
ImageImage
gimpynerd
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by gimpynerd »

mirageos sucks imo...use crunchyos 8)

koolmansam375
Extreme Poster

Post by koolmansam375 »

TI84SE wrote: Does Phantom star work on MirageOS? Same with Fire Track 2.

~TI84SE
Does TVF work with MirageOS?

:wink: :P :)

Pongwars shall live!

blog is down atm. :-(
lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

Kms: What happened to electroshock and the smf portal? :o
koolmansam375
Extreme Poster

Post by koolmansam375 »

lloydkirk1989 wrote:Kms: What happened to electroshock and the smf portal? :o
Well.... Ive been trying to set my own computer up as a server and install IPB on it but im having some PHP compatibility issues on it so now the darwin-mach site is going to house the forums and the kms375.dyndns.org site is going to house the mainpage (which hasnt been developed yet. Ill make a placeholder page for now). Sometime in the future i hope to put them both on the same server.

Pongwars shall live!

blog is down atm. :-(
gimpynerd
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by gimpynerd »

TVF works in mirageos for me...

TI84SE

Post by TI84SE »

Whats wrong with MirageOS? It works fine and it looks better than the other OS I've seen in screenshots. I know most of the games on these forums are for ION right? MirageOS supports most ION games too so I like it.

~TI84SE
gimpynerd
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by gimpynerd »

crunchyos is better not becuase of the way it looks but because of how it is written. also it isn't as bloated with unnecessary features as mirageos is.