Antidisassemblage

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Shkaboinka

Re: Antidisassemblage

Post by Shkaboinka »

Wow, It's been a long time since the antidisassemblage days! I just googled "adsmblg" to see what was still around about it, and it's a lot of fun to see things like this lingering around that I never read about.

Some comments about this past project of mine...

Hahaha, oh yes indeed; it was definitely unprofessional work! :rofl:
I just said "Hmm, I wonder how one would go about this..." and went to work. Thank GOODNESS I found Jack Crenshaw's compiler tutorials, or else it would have been infinitely worse!

"Why does ch increment?" ... Because the TextC macro displayed a character and then incremented the "cursor" (in this case, ch).

Indeed, the output code was far from optimized. I told myself that could be fixed up after the major things were in place (i.e. generating working code, which was only ever 95% true at most. This changed significantly as I tried to improve the language).

All in all, it WAS finishable, but it never became anything more than a fun tool with a lot of potential; and no, I would not say it was very usable. I mean, you COULD make working programs out of it, but that assumed you avoided certain things which make it cumbersome to program without, and/or if you knew certain loop-holes. For example, simulating an "if(a && b)" by means of 2 separate goto-if(condition) statements.

I did say I would most definitely finish it, but I doubt I ever will any time soon. The reality of it is that I basically scrapped the whole thing in favor of a new project/language. Since then I have found ACTUAL BOOKS on compiler design (I tell you, those are hard to find hard copies of).

The current project is at http://groups.google.com/group/ADSMBLG
I have not yet made it public, and will not do so until it's something significantly working (a BIG mistake I made with Antidisassemblage ... oy, what an embarrasement of lack of testing and hastiness!!!)

You can also visit my blog for topics I am currently ironing out:
http://danCookPlusPlus.blogspot.com

By the way, thanks for all your interest in my project in the past; if nothing else, it was AWESOME to be the source of a real topic in the TI-community and set an example of something to learn from (what to do and what to not to do) :)
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Hi Shkaboinka!

Ahh yes good ol' Antidisassemblage :).

Its great to see that you have not given in on creating something in its honour, you are correct in saying that it has a great deal of potential.

Will keep a keen eye on your progress :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Galandros

Post by Galandros »

Interesting.

These days you have some good competition: Axe Parser. It is an oncalc compiler that uses a similar syntax to TI-BASIC.

It has been released in ticalc and Omnimaga holds the discussion forum for this project.