A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Dwedit
Maxcoderz Staff

I just got this email:

Post by Dwedit »

Subject: Ti - 84 + games

Hey Dan,

You should make a halo for the calc, it should be just like doom, but with more weapons, and their from halo, and the enemies should be the aliens from halo.......and the levels should be open field like the level w/ 2 bases. plz reply
You know your hexadecimal output routine is broken when it displays the character 'G'.
Spencer
Extreme Poster

Post by Spencer »

well what are you waiting for, I bet he has a title screen ready for you
driesguldolf
Extreme Poster

Post by driesguldolf »

haha I agree with Spencer ;)

The only problem will be that Halo might take 'some' time to make, and maybe he can't wait so long ^^
Demon

Post by Demon »

A lot of people at my school keep wonder if someone will ever make Halo for the calculator.
"Python has dynamic typing, and dynamic binding, which means that not only does it make a great secretary, it is also pretty damn kinky." --Henry the Adequate

<My Artwork>
JoostinOnline

Post by JoostinOnline »

By the time you got a good version of Halo, you would be too old to even lift your calculator :)
"Macs are the Perfect Computers", said the Perfect Idiot.
Testing for:
Vera
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

ATG on Omnimaga and tifreakware might be able to for 68k. He's been doing some really cool things w/ the FAT engine. Who knows, maybe he'll be able to simulate plasma grenade explosion on screen?
Image Image Image
magicdanw

Post by magicdanw »

I once wrote Oblivion on the TI-83+ in BASIC. Of course, I'd never played the game, and based it entirely on my friend's description of "You go places and there's 3D graphics."

So, the game was a menu, where you could:

1. Go somewhere -> Goes back to the menu again.
2. Don't go somewhere -> You get eaten by a grue.
3. 3D graphics -> Random dots on the screen, which I said was like the magic eye pictures. People actually tried to cross their eyes and see 3D. :P
Art_of_camelot

Post by Art_of_camelot »

ZOMG Halo for calcs is 733t. Mabey you could even include and 8 player death match mode for link play! That would be tha shiznit! :lol:
Halifax
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Halifax »

I personally think the only way to do halo right on the calc would be a 2.5D game with 2D sprites(there are some lying around the internet)

I also think it would be really stupid to do Halo with the FAT engine because it wouldn't have the same nostalgia as even Halo 1.

All in all it would be stupid to even attempt this!
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

A top-down Halo might be interesting. Halo Zero was cool, but it sucked- Halo as a side-scroller just doesn't work.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
coelurus
Calc Wizard

Post by coelurus »

What's the point of making Halo out of all the other good potential games suitable for a calc?

EDIT: Oh and I forrgot, something tells my DWedit didn't post this to motivate developers...
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

dysfunction wrote:A top-down Halo might be interesting. Halo Zero was cool, but it sucked- Halo as a side-scroller just doesn't work.
ya i saw that too. didn't look too fun but good sprites nevertheless. didn't gangsta or someone want to do a halo side scroller on calc awhile back? http://kvince83.tengun.net/maxboard/vie ... 72&start=0 already had sprites for it too

i think so too coelurus, i was just saying that if anyone has a chance (on 68k), it'd probably be ATG since he's been doing a lot of good work.
Image Image Image
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

That would be something that is not that exciting, I would like to see a top down game of anything really (a shooter would be interesting).
Timendus
Calc King

Re: I just got this email:

Post by Timendus »

Dwedit wrote:
Subject: Ti - 84 + games

Hey Dan,

You should make a halo for the calc, it should be just like doom, but with more weapons, and their from halo, and the enemies should be the aliens from halo.......and the levels should be open field like the level w/ 2 bases. plz reply
OMFG... That's really sad... :lol:
http://clap.timendus.com/ - The Calculator Link Alternative Protocol
http://api.timendus.com/ - Make your life easier, leave the coding to the API
http://vera.timendus.com/ - The calc lover's OS
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Why Halo?

I guess we could use some sort of simple compression to store the levels (which are just copied and pasted corridors anyway). :)