TI-Nspire CAS

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

King Harold
Calc King

TI-Nspire CAS

Post by King Harold »

See it here

that thing is SO uber good compared to older calcs..
I haven't found what kind of processer it has though, just that its 6 times as fast as the 89T's (which is 12MHz, so, over 72MHz) and lots and lots of RAM and archive. I probebly won't get one though.. :(
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

(Moved to General TI Discussion).

Looks nifty. I probably won't get one myself, though, as I already have a desktop PC if I want "advanced" features, and an 83+ if I want a more primitive portable. I am yet to need an advanced portable. :)
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

PocketPC? terribly expensive though.. And not as fast as a desktop PC and needs a lot more batterypower then TI 83+'s..

anyway - on that Nspire one could have some terribly nice 3D, and more (probebly near-flickerless grayscale aswell). Did anyone find it's price?
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

King Harold wrote:anyway - on that Nspire one could have some terribly nice 3D, and more (probebly near-flickerless grayscale aswell). Did anyone find it's price?
Well if you read the link you posted it said it had a 320x240 gray-scale display. Might be tough for us to get flickerless grayscale. :roll:

Back before the page was edited, those 4AAA batteries were said to only have 4hour life span. This calc is clearly not meant for high school use...possibly any use at all if all it can handle is 4 hours.

The 83+ is fun because it has a large audience and a simple hardware that's easy to work with. This thing has a non-existent audience and would be like programming on a deprecated PC. No thanks.

Didn't the patent TI got said it was suppose to have a touch screen?
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

reminds me of the change in battery life between GBC and GBC original, a bit appalling.

I guess that's changed. Cost is another thing too.
Image Image Image
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

We'll have to wait untill someone writes a review - or someone here gets one - before we'll know much about the batterylife (since it has a fast processor its probebly very short, but maybe its effecient? *hopes*)
Wesley

Re: TI-Nspire CAS

Post by Wesley »

I wonder... How much better is the Nspire, really? It looks a lot better, but the features aren't all that much better. If TI wanted (which they won't because it will hurt their business) they could throw out a calculator with color, as fast as a computer, and with at least 16GB of ROM. They could make a tiny computer as a calculator for cryin' out loud!\

I don't plan to buy another calculator for another 4 years at the least. I hope there's something mind boggling by then :D .
ImageImage
ImageImage
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Yeah, they could but wont as you said. Would be awesome, but then it would be like any other GameBoy PSP etc..Haha, their mini projectors are making their way into phones...That would be something I would imagine they put in teacher versions of their calcs....
Galandros

Post by Galandros »

What about first make run assembly in the calculator than see what happens? :P
Then it wouldn't seem so deprecated and maybe that arises an audience.

Greyscale is done by the lcd. Other way TI wouldn't implement it. :lol:
The processor is an ARM. Hackspire has a guess about the model and its speed.