Newbie Questions - Go here to get a game on your calc

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Oops I guess I should tell everyone that it wasn't xLIB's fault and I got it working. It just happened to screw up when i was using xLIB. I took it apart and the battie for the back up wasn't touching the board, so I fixed (rigged) it and it worked fine. I don't see why the backup batt made it work ...
flummoxed

Post by flummoxed »

I get a syntax error no matter what trying to run any kind of program (Basic, Assembly, Flash). What the hell do I do? I looked for the Asm command or whatever that you're sposed to use to run assembly programs, but I can't find it. I tried to install ion, then plasma, but neither worked.
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

What sort of calculator do you have?

The TI-83 doesn't have an Asm( token (on the 83+ it is in the Catalog) - on the 83 you need to do send(9prgmPROGNAME, IIRC.
togocure

Post by togocure »

hey I'm kind of a new programmer. I want to know just the basics on making a simple Super Mario like TI 83+ game with like only 1 lv. I know a little about basic and a little about C# and I have made a game with RPG maker XP. so thats my programing background, if anyone can help me out with making a game for my TI 83+ that would be greatly appreciated.
togocure

Post by togocure »

or whatever would be an easy first game. But it needs to be easy.
JoostinOnline

Post by JoostinOnline »

First off, try not to double post, just edit your previous post :) .
Now, I hope that you don't intend to submit your first game, because you need to start with somthing simple that has already been done. I suggest making some sort of Pong game. My first program was a 1 player pong game. I know it sounds boring, but that is what you should learn with. If you want to get some idea of how to make one, you can find several examples here. Happy programming! :D
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Welcome to Maxcoderz, and I hope you find what you are looking for but I would like to suggest this site and this forum for basic programming help. Just let us know if you need anymore help, I started by editing other peoples code and learned from there...
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

If you need help into programming, problem with a program not working that you made, this could be useful if you want to post the source code here:

http://education.ti.com/educationportal ... ntpaneid=7
ImageImageImageImage