Reuben Quest: Ev Awakening

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Reuben Quest: Ev Awakening

Post by Kozak »

Anyone play the latest game by Kevin (how does he produce so many :roll: )? I can't play it but it looks good and it's actual greyscale.

How's the story?
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Hmm... yeah... I would like to try it also... it looks superb... but I don't have anything beter than the 83 :( ... I guess the story follows the same 'rpg-true' patern as the other rpg's made by Kevin
tokijnct

Post by tokijnct »

if you have an emulator, you can play it on there. Its storyline isnt really talked about during the game besides the start a new game intro. But hey ive only gotten to boss #1.

Btw, Kevin. After you beat the first boss, it goes back to the overworld screen and you instantly run into another fight with the boss and it continues until you are annihilated. Has this been fixed in this recently uploaded version?
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

nope, because VTI doesn't emulate App's and the new one doesn't emulate normal progs :cry:

Post by Guest »

Flash Debugger works (emulates ?TI73?,Ti-83+,TI-83+SE).
Dwedit
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Dwedit »

CrunchyOS Builder can be a workaround to get around the inability to load normal progs.
You know your hexadecimal output routine is broken when it displays the character 'G'.
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

tokijnct wrote:if you have an emulator, you can play it on there. Its storyline isnt really talked about during the game besides the start a new game intro. But hey ive only gotten to boss #1.

Btw, Kevin. After you beat the first boss, it goes back to the overworld screen and you instantly run into another fight with the boss and it continues until you are annihilated. Has this been fixed in this recently uploaded version?
Well, I never ran onto that bug, but maybe it should work fine in the new version. If you still get it plz tell me about it, but I might not be here the next week. Actually I'm working on RQ:The lost mirror but since its not as huge as RL3 I can easily send it to my PC and install the first one so I might check it soon.

btw (about the forum): the default skin is horrible (remind me of the old TI-Gen forum), but the phpBB one is kinda cool.
ImageImageImageImage
sic
Site Admin

Post by sic »

Horrible???? I like the default skin! :wink:

Well, if you don't like it, use the default skin for now. We may install some more skins later.
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

I checked the BASIC/ASM flames/not flames at ticalc.org comments page and I found some of them really funny (not as funny as Evil Link cable joke by Michael with Zelda though :) )

I also like the "Québec Power" thingy :D
ImageImageImageImage
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

I've had issues loading Reuben Quest, but the demo thing ran sweet on my regular 83. It should be acceptable.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
MODS

Post by MODS »

Everytime I try to send it to my TI-83+ it says that I can't send the file "A.8xp" because it keeps on trying to send it to my calc as "A" with a " ' " above the "A"... So i have to rename it. I can't use TI-GraphLink because my silver cable isn't compatible w/ it and for some reason tiLP never works for my computer... So I can't run it... which sucks...
---===::\/enIgmA\/::===---
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

I believe you can try this game in the ti-flash debugger right?
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
phantomofmv

Post by phantomofmv »

Im having trouble getting it onto my calculator period. maybe someone could walk me through it? The readme refrences items that arent there (ex. locate part 1)
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

You might want to post your question at his forums, he checks them more regularly ;)
phantomofmv

Post by phantomofmv »

i emailed him and got nothing either.