What are all the calc-worthy programs?

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

(random poll)What is better?

84+SE (gotta love the usb and clock)
47%
83+SE (stupid "stylish" 84 keys/shape are not for me)
53%

Total votes: 15

CompWiz
Calc King

What are all the calc-worthy programs?

Post by CompWiz »

My full-of-games 84+SE was just accidentally cleared. I have 1.5 megs of space to fill with all the good calc games. Feel free to list all the games(and other good programs) that you feel are calc-worthy. One restriction: No basic programs that require you to have a bunch of stuff unarchived to play. (It would take too long to scroll through a long memory list and unarchive and rearchive everything. ) Also, feel free to list your favorite levels for games like mario or lemmings. Those games are nothing without good levels.

To start:

CrunchyOS
NimbusOS beta
Gemeni
Lotus Turbo Challenge
Desolate
Mini-chess(used to be called chessmaster)
mario
mario level: bowser's final revenge
arcade mario
egypt
phantom star
phoenix
trapped
true gray viewer
fakeres3
dislink
falldown
fast tunnel
uncleworm
ztris
snood
wolfenstein
Last edited by CompWiz on Wed 30 Nov, 2005 12:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

Clock aint even worth it. After a reset or two clock needs to be set again. So I'd say the clock is worthless.

Games games... all they're all games. Once you're done with them they're no fun...
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

not to offend, but it's spelled phoenix
Image Image Image
coelurus
Calc Wizard

Post by coelurus »

GemIni :wink:
What's up with these boring threads anyway?
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

currahee wrote:Clock aint even worth it. After a reset or two clock needs to be set again. So I'd say the clock is worthless.
True, but the USB port is neat, with programs coming out that can use a USB mouse/keyboard, or USB drive.
calcul831415 wrote:not to offend, but it's spelled phoenix
fixed. I wasn't sure when I wrote it, I had it correct, but then changed it.

Oh, come on. What games do you think are good enough to be on a calc? It's not just me I'm loading this calc with games for. I am the sole provider of calc games in my school. People are always asking for games, and it would be great if I had some new ones.

If you would like, list out some of your favorite calc progs, or programs that you played a lot.
currahee wrote:Games games... all they're all games. Once you're done with them they're no fun...
Well, arcade mario helped me occupy many a boring physics class. And That's why I'm asking. I've played the ones I know of. I would like to know of other ones so when I'm done with mine, I can go on to others.

And you can list other programs too. A few of mine weren't games.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

Gemini yeah that's a big one.
But i'd have to say FF:TOM 1 and 2. Biggest time wasters in my life. An Ion Ski game ... I forgot waht it was called, it's really good. Sorta like Ski-Free except you have HP and a Timer.

There was a realy god TIE Fighter sim for the 83 I used to play, but it disappeared after TICalc.org's infamous "Archive Raid" where several good programs where thrown out. Notably disturbing games like Virtual B*tch 83 were removed.

And a few others also include: Joltima 83, Dying Eyes

What can I say? I love RPGs :D
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

Don't the ff tom games require a bunch of programs to be unarchived for play? It's kind of annoying to have to unarchive the files for ff and then rearchive them to use any other program. Also, it's difficult to remember which files are part of the game.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

FFTOM sucks. It took me hours to get it to play, and then it wasn't fun.
lecks
Extreme Poster

Post by lecks »

sorry to be off topic but i dont wanna start a new thread just to ask one question so, is there anything for the 83/84+ that makes your calculator screen look like the pretty print on the ti 89? ive always been wanting my calculator to be like that instead of the boring thing it is now.
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

threefingeredguy wrote:FFTOM sucks. It took me hours to get it to play, and then it wasn't fun.
would it kill you to suggest a few decent games? :P

ATTENTION: From now on, if you post here, you are required to include at least one applicable calc program in your post that has not been posted here before. If you want to talk about other things here, just include a few calc programs at the bottom of your post or something. Or, you can comment on another person's suggested program, as threefingeredguy did.(although he should have been nicer about it)

Program: Bubble bobble
Last edited by CompWiz on Wed 30 Nov, 2005 11:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

maybe you should focuse more on making games than playing them. Are you still planning to do N-Game? I thought it was really fun but the controls seem to react really slowly.
Image Image Image
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

CompWiz wrote:
threefingeredguy wrote:FFTOM sucks. It took me hours to get it to play, and then it wasn't fun.
would it kill you to suggest a few decent games? :P

ATTENTION: From now on, if you post here, you are required to include at least one applicable calc program in your post that has not been posted here before. If you want to talk about other things here, just include a few calc programs at the bottom of your post or something. Or, you can comment on another person's suggested program, as threefingeredguy did.
No, I don't respond very well to rude inconciderate people. Also if you choose to argue email me or pm.
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

I can't very well do assembly programming during my physics class, now can I? :lol: :P It's not like I sit around at home playing calc games or anything. And I distribute programs to many people who are not programming.

As for n-game, The controlls work fine for me. How fast is the computer you were playing it on? and were you using the computer version or the online version? The computer version is a little better.

I am still planning to make n-game. The plan was, we were planning to start around christmas. Look at the topic about it. I don't forsee any problem with this, and I'm starting to run through some asm tutorials.

calcul831415: If you're going to post in this topic, I very clearly announced that you need to put the name of a good calc program somewhere in your post. Please adhere to the rules. :evil:

Once again:
ATTENTION: From now on, if you post here, you are required to include at least one applicable calc program in your post that has not been posted here before. Even a good level for a game would work. If you want to talk about other things here, just include a few calc programs at the bottom of your post or something. You can comment on another person's suggested program, but please try to be nicer about it than threefingeredguy

Program: Bust a move
gangsta
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by gangsta »

how bout XXR...but only if ur ok w/ dling xlib...
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

Yeah, xxr is good. I had it before the calc clear. I just wish you didn't have to unarchive files to run it.

and thank you for posting a program. :yes: :)

program: asteroids