benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

...and web design.
Has he ever looked at his own site?
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Kerms site is like something a 4-year old could make. Its worse than the site I made in 3rd grade while learning html, which was an endless tile of fire elementals on a pink background. His site looks like someone taught him <table> and <a href> and nothing else.
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

Pardon, when was the last time you rewrote 20% of phpBB to integrate it more fully into your site? I sincerely doubt that you could do what I have done.

And when did it become a crime to try to be professional? I take my hobbies seriously; if I want to make a press release I don't see how that could annoy anyone. Feel free to pick on the quality of a program, but don't make fun of the author's attempts at a professional presentation of the project. Also, I think that the comparison to Hays is highly uncalled for.
Image Image Image
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

:shock: I don't see what's supposedly wrong with meeting ppl from the calc community in real life. I thought about holding a calc-con for Holland and Belgium a few times. Am i the only one who thinks that's a cool idea? Or do you just do anything to flame Kerm and Cemetech?
threefingeredguy
Calc King

I enjoy some of your game, I just found your website underdeveloped and not aesthetically pleasing. And I also think the comparison to Hays in uncalled for, Hays steals games, Kerm writes them.
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

Thank you, sir ThreeFingeredGuy. And I do appreciate the feedback on the site, in what way(s) would you like it changed to be more aesthetically enjoyable?
Image Image Image
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Holy testicles it looks COMPLETELY different than last time I was there. Well I would add more color, but thats not necessary. The only I can say about it now is to get rid of the text up at the top and make Main/Programs/Projects/About tabs change when you click on them (it still says Main even though I am on projects). It looks much nicer now. When did I last see that site...
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

ROFL...you probably last saw it when it was hosted at Geocities. :)
Image Image Image
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Undoubtedly.
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

Since then I converted my site from pure HTML/JS to near-pure PHP. It's much better, I hope, although I do welcome your suggestions.
Image Image Image
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

It looks like I remember it.

It could be better looking but currently it suffices. I also think you can't compare Kerm to Hays though in my mind Kerm has a negative association from the past. I don't know why.
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

Kozak wrote:It looks like I remember it.

It could be better looking but currently it suffices. I also think you can't compare Kerm to Hays though in my mind Kerm has a negative association from the past. I don't know why.
That's weird, no idea why??
Image Image Image
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

This place sure changed its tone fast. First, everybody's throwing rotten tomotoes; then bam! ...The real Kerm shows up and the flaming stops faster than a paper fight when the principal walks in! :lol:

Well, Kerm if I had to guess, its because Hays was known for embellishing in their news updates from time to time. I say it makes things more interesting. Heck we were talking about an IRC party at UTI last month. If Hays wasn't so deadset on their piracy tactics, they'd actually be quite..."cool."
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
koolmansam375
Extreme Poster

Post by koolmansam375 »

KermMartian wrote:
Kozak wrote:It looks like I remember it.

That's weird, no idea why??
the number of files you have submitted to ticalc.

Pongwars shall live!

blog is down atm. :-(
Spencer
Extreme Poster

Post by Spencer »

Whoah, take it easy on the images. You can make a good layout without making the user watch it slowly emerge. Looks fine, but you could do it with table borders and just a couple of images.