Blue World - Quest

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Blue World - Quest

Post by VahnRPG »

For those of you who don't know, I've been working on a comic called Blue World. NOT "The Superkid Chronicles." Because of this change, I had to make other changes. These changes made me realize that there would be other changes I would have to make.

So, MtSQuest - True is becoming Blue World - Quest. It may take a while, as the comic takes priority over programming (sorry, guys :P). One might think that simple changes like a bit of story would be simple, and it is. Those were the first things I did. But in my workings of it, there were several things I wanted to do differently. Like, having seperate endings that are actual seperate endings rather than continuations of the ending like they are in MtSQuest. Also, a lot of the systems I'd implemented were buggy, the Rage system being a good example. After 3 hits at level 4 you'd already be at your max rage level. So, what all will I be changing:

-Multiple endings based on actions taken in game.
-Implement the Over Soul system
-Remove the 'conditions' necessary for the Super Arts attacks
-Perhaps more items and puzzles
-Make the game completely beatable in 1 run through (you could in the last one, but it'd be a pain in the ass to figure out)
-Getting rid of the 1 button cheat codes XD Instead, they'll be a series of button presses only used in certain circumstances
-I'm ~trying~ to get it so that you can chain combos together, but this would mean battles would have to be longer :D

I'm thinking of spanning it across multiple parts that you'll have to download and install. I'm playing with this idea, but basicallly if I did THAT it would include:
-A different look for Maaku
-More monsters
-Different attacks
-Obviously a longer story
-Boobies

Well, more later
I'd rather be a nobody remembered by someone than a somebody remembered by noone.

'Boku' can't save the world - Blaze Rennaul
--'Boku' doesn't have to... - Klyne Ryuuno
Blue World - Coming soon
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

well i want to be the first to say......Woot your back and im happy :P .
man good to see you back in codeing :P anyways gl
ISUCK
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by ISUCK »

YES! Glad to see you're back!
shadowing

Post by shadowing »

Well, you're back i see.

Why didn't you post it at your own website forums??

This is going to be a harder Blue World game.
VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Post by VahnRPG »

Haha, I'm surprised to see how appreciated I am here. REally, it means a lot to me!

Although, you make it sound like my next big project is Mortal Kombat or something. Hardly. I'm just here to make this one lil game, maybe a sequel but I doubt it. I just wanna set the records straight and clean up some messes I left behind. When my little brother shows it to his friends in school I REALLY want them to be amazed

And the reason why I didn't post it in the forums (did in the project section on the site) is because...well, hell, not even me and Videl-chan go there as much any more...mostly cuz we're the only 2 that stick around for more than 5 minutes at a time...
I'd rather be a nobody remembered by someone than a somebody remembered by noone.

Blue World - Coming soon
VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Post by VahnRPG »

Been a while since I actually worked on this, but that doesn't mean I've given it up (not entirely at least >.<')

Anyway, I've been doing a lil bit of work on it and I've been trying to think of new ideas for the game that I'd like to implement. For one, I would LOVE the ability to link combos together and have even planned out how I would do it, just haven't gotten around to trying to program it. I'd also like to implement some sort of puzzles in the game, but I'm not so great with making them >.>
There's a lot of things I'd like to add to the game, but I think most of all I'd like to get some input on what you people did or didn't like about MtSQuest to help me figure out a better direction to take BW-Q (beyond a minor upgrade of MtSQuest)

So...anyone? ^^'

Blue World - Coming soon
merthsoft
Extreme Poster

Post by merthsoft »

Could you explain the "Over Soul system".
Shaun
VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Post by VahnRPG »

it's...kinda like Rage in MtSQuest (which will also be in the game)...It's not as powerful as Rage, but your regular attacks get powered up from it and it's the only time you'll be able to actually LEARN the Hyper Arts. To do the Hyper Arts, first you have to buy the move scroll so you know how it's done, then you have to get into Over Soul, and then you can perform it and actually learn it. From then on, Over Soul mode or not, you can still use the Hyper Arts

It'll be covered better when I get the tutorial made ^^'

Blue World - Coming soon
merthsoft
Extreme Poster

Post by merthsoft »

It kinda sounds like "limit break" from Final Fantasy.
Shaun
VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Post by VahnRPG »

not quite...that's more kinda the Rage thing, but whatever

Blue World - Coming soon
Duck
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Duck »

VahnRPG, i just read all your comics :) They're kinda good, and I see you're improving. Do you use any special equipment to draw them? Like a digital pen? Or do you just draw and scan?
VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Post by VahnRPG »

Thanks, I appreciate it :D
Yup, just draw and scan. I use a .3 mm ink pen for the people then .7 for the darker things like clothing and such. Then I pop 'em into my crappy scanner, cross my fingers, eventually get it scanned, and photoshop it. For some things I may add some details to it in Photoshop (like the funky background in the first of the Maaku vs Sai fight), but not often.

Blue World - Coming soon
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

lol

Post by the_unknown_one »

I like ur comics, they really rock :D I would love seeing a Blue World game getting released too, doesnt matter calc or comp!
shadowing

Post by shadowing »

Well..I'm guessing it's going fine. As usual, great job. Will there be any of those apples and other items?
VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Post by VahnRPG »

Well, I'm thinking about extending the list of items to other things. Like perhaps equipment as well
Right now, I'm planning on pushing the calc to its limits. Probably 8~9 app pages (leaving 1~2 for app vars and other peoples' stuff XD) taking up all the flash space on a normal 83+. With any luck, it'll be a LOT better than the last one. And this time I'm making sure that you can actually EXPLORE the world rather than beat the game 67 times just to open up a few paths.

As always, vote vote vote :D
http://www.buzzcomix.net/in.php?ID=VahnRPG
http://www.topwebcomics.com/votingGatew ... berID=1822
http://www.webcomicslist.com/vote.php?t ... omicid=390

Crud...buzzcomix is down again...

Blue World - Coming soon