The Convoy Of OFFTOPICNESS... [WARNING: DUMB CONTENT]

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Was this thread

Informative
33%
A Waste of Time
67%

Total votes: 12

necro
Calc King

The Convoy Of OFFTOPICNESS... [WARNING: DUMB CONTENT]

Post by necro »

yep, this thread is not remotely on topic
Last edited by necro on Wed 13 Jul, 2005 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Yes i have seen this before, very disturbing i might add. If this is true then the US is just as rutheless as their enemies ... if not more so.

*shakes head*
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

*SIGHOFRELIEF* I was afraid (when I saw you had posted) that you had locked it :oops:
Lavitz

Post by Lavitz »

I don't see how the United States can be just as ruthless as its enemies when the U.S. provides basic necessities to its prisoners at Guantanamo Bay, such as, say, three meals a day.[/quote]
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

Yeah the U.S. isn't ruthless. Putting innocent people in jail without a trial is totally civilized! And I think there is a whole lot wrong with Guantanamo Bay, atleast what I read from the news.
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
Lavitz

Post by Lavitz »

Would you like to lecture me in how civilized the Arab world has been since the 12th century?
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

"Would you like to lecture me in how civilized the Arab world has been since the 12th century?" would you like to lecture us how civilised the the US is *COUGH*2000YEAROLDCARPENTER*COUGH*, *COUGH*KKK*COUGH*, *COUGH*GOP*COUGH*

did you actualy watch it? If you haven't...then you can't make a judgement on the validity[/quote]
lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

I watched the dumb video. There wasn't actually any live video of the americains commiting these attrocities. Just a few "unpaid witnesses" who said they did this. I don't belive a word they said. These witnesses were probably muslim extremist taking advantage of a liberal media. I don't think that the American army would lower their moral standards to the level of these barbarians. Honestly, the death of these Taliban doesn't sadden me. They've commited far worst attrocities to our soldiers and deserve to pay the price.
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

If someone is willing to travel through the globe just to participate in a war, there's something seriously wrong with them. Why is it so hard to imagine that an American soldier is in no way morally superior than a non-American one? No-one expects to be punished for ill-treating the enemy, so they go about it, just for the fun factor. Sure, there are some isolated events that just sit there to feed the media with sufficient material for the occasional ridiculous 'scandal', but I'm convinced most of what happens never makes its way to the public. We can't be grateful enough for that...
Lavitz

Post by Lavitz »

The United States is quite civilized. It would be slightly hypocritical to say the U.S. is a superpower, and then to say it is uncivlized. The fact that the U.S. is a superpower should allow other countries to learn the America's example.

Yes, the origines of Christianity are more civilized than Islam. The only reason the Arabs were the worlds superpower a thousand years ago was because of military conflict, which was justified by Islam.

First of all, an extremely small number of the U.S. military would find is exuberating to shoot someone in the head, since it is a shame so many across the world are vulnerable to ridiculous ideologies and propaganda, or which we must deal with for security. Second, the media only reports the "bad apples", whether there are 20, or 1,000 productive soldiers to take place of the idiot soldiers.
ラヴィッツ
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

Lavitz wrote:Yes, the origines of Christianity are more civilized than Islam.
You'd benefit from studying history.

The degree of 'civilisedness' makes sense on the level of the individual only. In my interpretation people who make a living of killing other people or providing assistance in such actions are not civilised, regardless of their nationality.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

I actually find it quite arrogant for someone to claim that they are more 'civilised' than another. Not to mention that the word is indeed open to intereretation.

For example the Australian Aboriginals. Settlers here considered them to be 'uncivilised' despite the fact that they had lived in this country for over 40,000 years in which they had developed a system where they only ever use any natural resources which are deemed necessary. They conserved plant and wild life so as not to create problems for the future. They had the forsight to realise that over-using of natural resources will cause problems for later generations. (The NZ Maori had the same forsight).

Settlers have been here for just over 200 years and the amount of extinct plants and wildlife in this country is staggering.

As a 'civilisation' i would say that the Aboriginals are better ... but we have ruined their legacy.

On another note i dont see why it is so hard to believe that american soldiers wouldnt commit such an atrosity. It definately is not the first time.

Then there are the events which happened shortly after the invasion of Iraq ... torturing and humiliation of soldiers etc.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

CoBB wrote:
Lavitz wrote:Yes, the origines of Christianity are more civilized than Islam.
You'd benefit from studying history.

The degree of 'civilisedness' makes sense on the level of the individual only. In my interpretation people who make a living of killing other people or providing assistance in such actions are not civilised, regardless of their nationality.
According to history, no empire, kingdom or country has lasted very long without a strong army. The army keeps political order and stability. It is a neccesary component of a government. These american "people who make a living of killing other people" are serving their country and bringing democracy to others. They put their life on the line for minimal wage. In my interpretation, these people hardly deserve to be mocked about their civility. :roll:
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

I frist off I think it's wrong to jugde an entire nation based off the actions of a few people. And the fact that there isn't any "credible" proof just makes it worse.

Second, @CoBB: Have you ever met a soilder? Are related to any? I have and I am. Those that I know I would consider honorable people. Reasons for going include family tradition and the need college education. But I won't deny there are those there for the reason of fighting and killing.

The fact is every nation has a darker side. If you just want to start bring up things from past to start more hate talk, then let go get my history. We can have wacky crazy fun calling each names.
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

lloydkirk1989 wrote:These american "people who make a living of killing other people" are serving their country and bringing democracy to others.
I'm living in a country which has been 'liberated' exactly like that a couple times. How come we don't celebrate any of those occasions with joy? (Well, we used to, up until we regained freedom from the liberators. Surprise, surprise.)

Jim: you might know some honourable people who happen to be soldiers. That doesn't imply anything in general, it only shows that you're lucky to be born in such a niche. Value your luck. I don't know any soldiers personally; some of my ancestors have been forced to fight, but that's a different story as they had a separate civil life. However, I have been to Yugoslavia right after the war, and what I saw there very much resembles the current situation in the Middle East. No honourable people would be the cause of such a thing.