Crater9 by Taintedminds

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

taintedminds

Crater9 by Taintedminds

Post by taintedminds »

I started making this game for the ti 83+ that i've been working on for a while. I call it Crater9. It's a basic RPG. As of right now i only have the beginning sequence done and there is only 1 weapon. It will most definitly be fun. Quite possibly one of my biggest and most complicated games i've made. There will be a save feature. I've been working on it for a little. Whenever i get a chance i will post some screenshots. The graphics of the characters are kindof crude though. Hopefully I can get a demo out sometime and you can give me some tips and pointers on what i can do to make it better. What do all of you here like to see in a game though?

UPDATES:

Now able to save and load perfectly.
2 monsters have been drawn and ready to be used.
started writing out story line.

-Taintedminds
Last edited by taintedminds on Wed 27 Apr, 2005 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tokijnct

Post by tokijnct »

If it's an RPG, a good story to go along with it :D
Projects:
Phantasy Star Dark Millenia - Put aside for the moment...

UnitedTI BASIC Competition
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

I dont care about graphics quality, as long as there is not just menus and texts. They can be sprites made of letters on the home screen (ASCII). I like long RPGs (around 10 hours of gameplay) with a quite cool RPG-ish story :)
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
taintedminds

Post by taintedminds »

well i hope to make it long. I've been working on it for about a month now and it's proven itself to be a little difficult to get everything working correctly. its always fun to mess around with new ideas though. im having small problems with the save feature though. itll get worked out in time. it should turn out nice. i want to make it as small as possible though too. theres quite a bit of programming i have to do to work all the bugs out though. just in the beginning of the game i have a few bugs but it will be fixed whenever i get a chance to look back on it. i'm trying to think of a good screen to lead into a fight though. if anyone has suggestions on what i could do it would be of great help.

-Taintedminds
Luthar

Post by Luthar »

taintedminds wrote:well i hope to make it long. I've been working on it for about a month now and it's proven itself to be a little difficult to get everything working correctly. its always fun to mess around with new ideas though. im having small problems with the save feature though. itll get worked out in time. it should turn out nice. i want to make it as small as possible though too. theres quite a bit of programming i have to do to work all the bugs out though. just in the beginning of the game i have a few bugs but it will be fixed whenever i get a chance to look back on it. i'm trying to think of a good screen to lead into a fight though. if anyone has suggestions on what i could do it would be of great help.

-Taintedminds
I know how to help you with the saving feature! I figured out the best thing for rpg save's...hehehe
Archia...BASIC....ASM....erk...scratch ASM..yep don't know ASM
taintedminds

Post by taintedminds »

Luthar wrote:
taintedminds wrote:well i hope to make it long. I've been working on it for about a month now and it's proven itself to be a little difficult to get everything working correctly. its always fun to mess around with new ideas though. im having small problems with the save feature though. itll get worked out in time. it should turn out nice. i want to make it as small as possible though too. theres quite a bit of programming i have to do to work all the bugs out though. just in the beginning of the game i have a few bugs but it will be fixed whenever i get a chance to look back on it. i'm trying to think of a good screen to lead into a fight though. if anyone has suggestions on what i could do it would be of great help.

-Taintedminds
I know how to help you with the saving feature! I figured out the best thing for rpg save's...hehehe

well would you care to share?
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Just so long as it runs at a playable speed on regular 83+'s...And try not to take up too much archive space. :)
bananas... o.o
taintedminds

Post by taintedminds »

ill try to make it as small as possible but i cant guarantee anything :)
Luthar

Post by Luthar »

This is the code source I use for saving and loading RPG's mostly...

Code: Select all

Menu("SAVE","YES",A1,"NO",B1)
Lbl B1
Goto ÃÂÂ
Archia...BASIC....ASM....erk...scratch ASM..yep don't know ASM
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

Is this serious? You can't be:
[quote]Lbl B1
Goto ÃÂÂ
tokijnct

Post by tokijnct »

Why not just save it to another list and do not bother with the converting to matrix part? (Unless you have multiple save files, then just store directly to the matrix). Also, the delvars could be one command it saves a byte or two.

DelvarStr0DelvarListACDelvarListACE

btw, try to limit the amount of "Menu(" commands you have in the program :)
Projects:
Phantasy Star Dark Millenia - Put aside for the moment...

UnitedTI BASIC Competition
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

tokijnct wrote:DelvarStr0DelvarListACDelvarListACE
Hmm, I am always afraid of using that in case TI decided to update their OS so this is not supported anymore :P
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

lol

Post by the_unknown_one »

@leofox: If you had looked WELL at the code u would've seen he does Goto Lbl ÃÂÂ
leofox
Calc Master

Re: lol

Post by leofox »

[quote="the_unknown_one"]@leofox: If you had looked WELL at the code u would've seen he does Goto Lbl ÃÂÂ
Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

*cough* that code looks EXTREMLY like mine for my first RPG diablo game, except I just used list*cough*

The problem with all those save files is that I can create a hero with 99999 health in less than 2 minutes.
Life is getting better.