Blue World - Test

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Post by VahnRPG »

well, for one, the maps and stuff are rather large...or at least they probably would be. External files would be for like scripts and stuff that the game would use. The maps and other hard data would have to be built into the game and that is the part that i'm having the problem with.

In all honesty, since I came across this little snag, I've been trying to think of ways to overcome it. The only thing I've come up with so far is to get rid of the missions and quest, instead doing a story. The problem with THAT, however, is that the whole reason for me doing missions and quests is because i couldn't think of a story! >.< So far, the only thing I can think of, is to do the missions but break the game into parts, each one having different parts (probably meaning that there'd be multiple 5-page progs >.>)
The trouble is, even with the tiles and map routines and junk, it'd only be about 10 maps or probably one really big one (which would probably slow the thing down). And i STILL can't think of a story that'd justify requiring so much space.

My only other option is to just do it on the computer. The problem with THAT is that I'd have to make a whole bunch of makers (map editor, script editor, etc) in preperation for making the game. I'm low on motivation as it is, so I'd probably be burned out by the time I was done with that which would still probably take a while. That and the fact that I know this guy who is, basically, already doing that to begin with and he's a LOT farther on it than I would be...the only problem is that he hasn't been on since early may >.>
I'd rather be a nobody remembered by someone than a somebody remembered by noone.

'Boku' can't save the world - Blaze Rennaul
--'Boku' doesn't have to... - Klyne Ryuuno
Blue World - Coming soon
VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Post by VahnRPG »

Taken from my webpage:
Wow, been a little while since I updated this thing, hasn't it?

Well, I've got some good news and I've got some bad news.
Bad news: Quest for Mircurius probably won't be happening any time soon.
Good news: I've got a new job
Bad news: It's 40 hours a week
More bad news: I have next to NO motivation, time, OR energy to work on anything new.
Good news: I don't have motivation, time, or energy to work on anything new. While I may not have the time, energy, yadayada to work on a completely new series and give it the time and effort and respect such a project would require. However, Blue World has already been in the works for the past...oh...13 years. That said, I'm thinking of going back to working on that.
Bad news: It's not definite I WILL be working on it. I have to see how much time I can allot each week to work on comics. Right now I get about 35 minutes before having to get ready to go to work from the time I wake up, and then for about 10 hours (not including the time it takes to get too and from there) I am at work. By the time I get home I'm usually dead to the world and quick to fall asleep to only wake up the next day and start it all over again. My only days off are fridays, saturdays, and sundays and while that might sound like a lot, it quickly becomes eaten up by other things like...well, ya know, making an attempt to have a life.
Good news: If I can, I will do my damnedest to work on 5~ comics in each of those 3 days and build up a queue of comics....probably sticking with the current style and whatnot.
Bad news: I'd be starting completely over...starting it RIGHT this time and trying even harder to get rid of the "japanese crap" (as it's been labeled >.>) and make it an overall better comic. Sure, I've may gotten a few "Oh, it's a good comic," but how many of those people actually stuck around for the comic and became a part of the community? None. They were either already there or never made themselves known. I take that to mean that the comic isn't really that great, or at least the one that's up NOW isn't that great. And that's fine. A lasing audience is something that has to be earned, and that's my goal.

So, if I can get some comics started, I'll probably have something up by next month...or maybe have a slow queue that updates maybe once or twice a week before then...dunno. I'm trying to find other jobs that are more flexible and I'm finding job hunting to be like having a girlfriend. When you already have one, it's easy to get more, but when you don't then it's impossible to get one >.> I'm also trying to acquire about $2000 (that bank robbery wasn't me!!!) so I can go back to school which I desperately need to do (college is a nice place to be to pick up chicks if you don't wanna be after jail-bait >XD).

Oh, yes, just remembered about my game. Remember how I said I didn't have any energy or motivation to work on anything new? It applies to the game as well. When I found out that the maps thing died the project died along with it. I have no clue what I'd do for the game besides packaging up the battle system and pumping that out (laaaaaame). So, for the time being, that game is on hiatus indefinitely. I've had some ideas for it, but nothing I feel would work well.
I'd rather be a nobody remembered by someone than a somebody remembered by noone.

Blue World - Coming soon
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

Want a story? Man meets women, falls and love, she is murdered by some person with power, he seeks revenge, the begining. Simple but effective. Like it? If not, come up with something that simple and run with it.
VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Post by VahnRPG »

Tried that, got too complex...
And I can't just plop in some lame story for the sake of putting in a story. For one, it's got 'blue world' in the title so it's gotta go along with that storyline. For two, it's gotta be halfway decent so my game is something memorable for more than being "the biggest fuggin game for the calc"...

Blue World - Coming soon
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

could you condense blue world into a paragraph for me, I have a awful connection and it takes a good while to view even one of those pics (did look through it a bit befor now, but got fustrated at how long it was taking)
VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Post by VahnRPG »

Sorry about the size...I didn't wanna shrink it down any furthur because artifacts and whatnot have the tendency to kill some of the minor but relevant details in some of my comics...

Anyway, the entire run of what is up is basically this love...eh, love triangle I guess. With fighting and magic and stuff. And that's pretty much it. Obviously there's more to it than just that, but it's hard for me to give an unbaised approach to describing it that you and others won't go "OMGZORZ! NARUTARD FAG SHITZ! U RNT JAPANESE" and other crap I've had to put up with >.>

Blue World - Coming soon
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

how come you dont just use betterr compressions for your comics? And you should break the pics up into areas of high detail (and use a low compression, lots of collor) and areas that aren't important and give them high compression , low collor to make the pages load faster.
VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Post by VahnRPG »

collor?

nevermind, it doesn't really matter...

Blue World - Coming soon
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

anyways, I don't think a love triangle is a good plot for an rpg...unless it was a dating game
VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Post by VahnRPG »

no, that's why i'm not doing that for a game >.> that just seems to be the main element of my comic...or, it did at least...

Blue World - Coming soon