Blue World - Test

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

I know this would take a lot more space and stuff, but I think it would be awesome if there wuz animation on the kicking punching sprites instead of just swiching the picture from standing to punching. :D
bananas... o.o
VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Post by VahnRPG »

well, i WAS going to be adding more pictures and junk to the battle screen...as I said on the last page, right now I'm just making it work rather than making it pretty...actually, that's my rules for all programmings:
1) Make it work
2) Make it pretty
Though i have the tendency to leave out step 2 :twisted:

But, what do you mean, animation? Do you mean a full blown 37 frame kick or more like a simple twisting from the normal to the punch/kick like there was in MtSQuest - True?
I'd rather be a nobody remembered by someone than a somebody remembered by noone.

'Boku' can't save the world - Blaze Rennaul
--'Boku' doesn't have to... - Klyne Ryuuno
Blue World - Coming soon
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

while u slide across the screen, like when ur walking/moving
VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Post by VahnRPG »

yeah, i know what you're talking about, i was talking about what spengo was saying.
I'd rather be a nobody remembered by someone than a somebody remembered by noone.

Blue World - Coming soon
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

I mean, like maybe a four-six frame kick. Nothing really extravagent, but 2 frames just isn't as cool. :)
bananas... o.o
VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Post by VahnRPG »

yeah, well, neither is waiting for the stupid thing to actually kick or whatever while the enemy pounds on you. And, yes, to keep it simple, the enemy won't have nearly as much animation as Maaku

Blue World - Coming soon
Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

*cough* 46 frame kick animation would be nice *cough*
Life is getting better.
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

that would be a slow kick methinks...
bananas... o.o
VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Post by VahnRPG »

Okay, I've been working on it a tad bit. For one, the special attacks work...well, there's no animation, but that's secondary stuff. Rather than the character leveling up, the special attacks do. The more you use them, the stronger they get. Of course, as it stands they are all REALLY powerful anyway...they do about 25~30 base damage and on an 80 HP monster, that's quite a bit :twisted:
The enemy is still a bit jitterty, but that's what i'll be working on in the 2nd half. I'll also be working on the ranges because the way it is now, you're both within each others range to attack (except for the specials, those I haven't programmed in the range yet) meaning that while you're hitting him, he'll probably be hitting you too, and more often
and, just for a little treat, Maaku (or should I say Marc since that's the sprites from MtSQuest - True? :D) breathes while he's not punching, kicking, etc.

http://www.superkidinc.com/downloads/Combos.8xp

Blue World - Coming soon
VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Post by VahnRPG »

actually, i've messed with the enemy AI so much that i basically have to start it over from scratch ;_;

I hate fighting games...

Blue World - Coming soon
VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Post by VahnRPG »

Well, i've been working on the enemy AI quite a bit recently, but it's a really rather annoying. I changed it to a pattern finding set up that works well...well, sorta...if you have some patterns before others, the thing will lock up. Right now, the enemy will viciously come after you and beat you to death rather quickly. You can block it, which will make it vibrate back and forth until you let go, but there isn't really a way to win...

It's all a matter of balance, one I haven't found yet. THAT is the annoying part of it...

Blue World - Coming soon
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Cool, keep up the good work, will there be a new screenie of the game in action soon (with overworld and battles?)
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Post by VahnRPG »

probably...the problem for THAT is the sprites. as you could prolly tell from the demo, i'm recycling old sprites. Not quite what I wanna do. I'm not sure if i'll spend a day or two making new sprites, but I'll have to eventually...

I've just fixed the patterns thing (i think) but the enemy is still rather vicious. If you press Up you can jump, and once the enemy gets to half HP or lower it'll just jump up and down till you finish it off.

Blue World - Coming soon
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

Post by the_unknown_one »

VahnRPG wrote:well, i WAS going to be adding more pictures and junk to the battle screen...as I said on the last page, right now I'm just making it work rather than making it pretty...actually, that's my rules for all programmings:
1) Make it work
2) Make it pretty
Though i have the tendency to leave out step 2 :twisted:
LOL I tend to do more 2 than 1, although i do try to do 1, but i never succeed :lol:
VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Post by VahnRPG »

Alright, here we go, small screenie of the fighting system: Image
Still working on the AI for it. As you can see, he doesn't really do too much.
I think the next thing I'll work on is using items...that'll be interesting...

Blue World - Coming soon