CalcCon

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

CrimsonCasio

Post by CrimsonCasio »

Ive always thought it would be kinda interesting to hold a Calc-Con, and invite everybody (at the time i was just thinking Casio's but you all can come too ;) ) in the community, then we'd all see how we are all socially inept nerds... ;) (plus i doubt many of us could afford a plane ticket to where ever it was held, and those that could have real jobs and would come anyway :D )
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

lol

Post by the_unknown_one »

The big problems are: 1. Much calc coders do not live in USA, so where should it be held then? 2. TI vs. Casio... Arguments/fights would start.
leofox
Calc Master

Re: lol

Post by leofox »

the_unknown_one wrote:The big problems are: 1. Much calc coders do not live in USA, so where should it be held then? 2. TI vs. Casio... Arguments/fights would start.
We could have a little Benelux party, for everyone that lives in the Netherlands or Belgium (or Luxemburg maybe too).
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

I think I'll refer to my z80 knowledge when I have to I can imagine it coming in handy with the old machinery we use here at our university.

And I am not pro CalcCon, not that it was unpleasant with Job but seeing someone IRL is something totally different then talking to someone on the internet.
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
Kerey

Post by Kerey »

So far I've met one person who has played my game, and one person who has an orange Detached Solutions slide cover.

A calc con would be cool, but I'm too lazy to drive any significant distance, and anywhere I'd have to fly would be expensive.
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

oh, as for going to canada, dont go here in the middle of January and february becuase the temperature is around -35°C
I live in deep south texas, last week it was 90º F. This December 24th was the first time 118 years that that it snowed. We got three inches and it was just enough to make a two foot snow man.

But Texas is diffenatly the place to hold a convention. It's in the name, TI - Texas Instruments :D
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

uuh

Why host it in Canada/Australia? Then half of the community wouldnt be there, or even more... It would be better somewhere in Europe, cause that's like in the middle of the world, and a lot of people from the TI community (including me) live there.
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

yea

I think it would be best if it was in Holland/Belgium/France/England. Best Belgium, cause Belgium is sort-of in the middle of the other countries. And yes, the world is flat :D
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Re: yea

Post by kv83 »

the_unknown_one wrote:I think it would be best if it was in Holland/Belgium/France/England. Best Belgium, cause Belgium is sort-of in the middle of the other countries. And yes, the world is flat :D
Netherland is looking better, so I would say we stay here 8) I was in brussel some weeks ago, and it suckes so much that I puked :P
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

?

What do you mean? Belgium is a fine country, and so is The Netherlands, but personally I think it would be handier to have the con here cause its in the centre.
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

Centre for you probably, but I don't think it would make a difference for anybody not living in either of the two countries.
Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

Jim e wrote:Europe, well I'd like to see holland, the fuss Kv83 made about it in that list thread made me curious. :D

Is it true that no one drives in holland because there is to much traffic? :P
Hahaha :D Almost true ;)
I think it would be a good idea to think about how to get there by the way... Somewhere close to Schiphol may be a good idea for our American friends :)
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Timendus wrote:
Jim e wrote:Europe, well I'd like to see holland, the fuss Kv83 made about it in that list thread made me curious. :D

Is it true that no one drives in holland because there is to much traffic? :P
Hahaha :D Almost true ;)
I think it would be a good idea to think about how to get there by the way... Somewhere close to Schiphol may be a good idea for our American friends :)
I live in Den Haag. It's about 1 hour travel though
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

I suggest neurtral ground, such as Antarctica. No one person can claim stake to Antarctica, and surely no one that would be going to calc-con lives there.
ImageImage
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

@Jim e: Well, people do drive to the netherlands, i have gone there already :D My uncle lives there.

Hey, who said it's already decided that it'll be in the netherlands, it could just as well be in belgium. But of course, the guys from the netherlands will insist its there, and since they are with much and i'm alone it'll be there :cry: Nobody likes me... I'm so alone... :cry: Darn it, you guys made me depressed again! :cry: