TitanASM

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

koolmansam375
Extreme Poster

TitanASM

Post by koolmansam375 »

Good news! TitanASM (by Detached Solutions) is not dead and is scheduled for release in August of this year! :excited: w00t!

For those who dont know what TitanASM is its an App (sorry 83ers) which has an On-calc ASM editor (with the commands and not opcodes),compiler, debugger, sprite editor, and maybe more stuff.

I just hope the release date isnt pushed back again :x

Pongwars shall live!

blog is down atm. :-(
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

I wonder how many ROM call addresses and RAM equates they'll include... It's be impressive if they had all of them, but I doubt that very much (seeing as ti83plus.inc weighs in at about 110KB - even without all the extras it's still probably a good 50KB!
Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

hey they cal always mayke it only ti84+se only.....it can handle 700,000 apps size....
Life is getting better.
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Shadow Phoenix wrote:hey they cal always mayke it only ti84+se only.....it can handle 700,000 apps size....
700000*16KB=11200000KB=10937.5MB=10.68GB

I can't quite believe that the TI84+SE has 10.68GB Flash ROM...
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

Believe it!

*snickers*

Anyway, if this is coming out, couldn't they use dawg compersion or something to squeeze as much in as possible.

Though how many romcalls do you really need if your coding on calc.
koolmansam375
Extreme Poster

Post by koolmansam375 »

I dunno bout all that stuff but here is the description from the Detached Solutions "Upcoming" page
This Flash Application for the TI-83 Plus will serve as a full On-Calc Assembly Language IDE and Builder. Such a program has been the dream of many TI-Calculator Assembly programmers everywhere, being able to develop ASM straight on your calc rather than having to be at your computer. TitanASM will give TI-83 Plus developers the ability to write programs on the calculator, save the "source" files as programs, be able to compile them into executable programs, and test them immediately. This great development tool will also provide a Debugger, which can be activated at any point during a program, to view registers and memory locations. In addition to these things, TitanASM will allow the ability for External Informational files, and plug-in programs such as a Sprite Editor, Base Converter, Bit and Logic Operation calculators, and anything else that can be thought up.
ShadowPheonix: Actually knowing what youre talking about is better than trying to look smart :)

Pongwars shall live!

Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

Did you read the apirls fools joke thread, it most likely isn't coming out.

Anyway there is so much to overcome and so little reward, i don't think it's worth it.
Gambit
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Gambit »

Heh 8)

Anyway, I hope it does come out- I'd like to mess around in class :twisted: If it doesn't come out... :wink:
Last edited by Gambit on Mon 11 Apr, 2005 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If SOURCE is outlawed, only outlaws will have SOURCE."
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Well although this program would be useful for some, i prefer to code on a PC :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Gambit
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Gambit »

But imagine you're on a long trip, or you have finished a standardized test with an hour to spare- wouldn't you like to jog your brain with a bit of assembly? :yes: 8)
"If SOURCE is outlawed, only outlaws will have SOURCE."
koolmansam375
Extreme Poster

Post by koolmansam375 »

I know that no on-calc assembly programming was a big issue for some people ( :wink: not that you dont have to learn ASM if you dont want to Kevin)

You could make (and then ammuse yourself) with a quick game after the test :) .

Pongwars shall live!

DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Yeah it was a very big issue for me before because I didnt have a computer at home and I was curious about z80 assembly, but later I went through asm tutorial and realized that languages levels lower than Visual Basic werent for me :(
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

hey kevin c'mon low blow there. Just because assembly is hard...
But imagine you're on a long trip, or you have finished a standardized test with an hour to spare- wouldn't you like to jog your brain with a bit of assembly?
-exactly...that is why TitanASM is such a valuable tool. I myself cant wait to get my hands on this! I do like coding on my PC because I can have tons of other stuff going and if I get frustrated I can just listen to music or play games...oh wait if I bring my MP3 player I can listen to music and code still oh and if I get bored I can play games too. Ah this just keeps getting better and better. Pretty soon my PC wont be needed anymore...ok, well probably not. :wink:
The Revolution is here...
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

I suppose they could make it so it simply compiles and you have to type everything in like you would on the computer. A lot more time consuming for programming, but it'd be a lot smaller.
bananas... o.o
koolmansam375
Extreme Poster

Post by koolmansam375 »

Spengo wrote:I suppose they could make it so it simply compiles and you have to type everything in like you would on the computer. A lot more time consuming for programming, but it'd be a lot smaller.
I think this screen from the upcoming page will tell you...

... that its all on the calc :)

Pongwars shall live!