Who founded Maxcoderz?

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Who founded Maxcoderz?

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

Maybe I missed something somewhere, but does anyone know the answer to this question? :?
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

How much would you say has maxcoders changed since then? Because when I first came here (which was at about the same time I discovered Cirrus/UTI) things where.. different.
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Hmm, when I registered on their old forum, back in August 2003, there was lot of n00b bashing and BASIC-ASM war, because Hitoshi left and all hope for making a good basic game were lost. Also when somebody was posting a question about BASIC the only awnser he used to get was "why not switching to asm" or such awnser. Also when somebody posted a screenshot we used to say "Look nice dude, great job"

Now the is no more n00b bashing unless somebody post the same topic 10 times, not much BASIC-ASM war and people help more in prgming help, even if its basic and when somebody post a screenshot they say the same thing but if there is something to improve they add "Maybe you should change this" or such stuff.

Personally I think it mostly improved (that's why I'm still posting here)
merthsoft
Extreme Poster

Post by merthsoft »

I don't know much about changes, but I do know that there are differences between this forum, and ones like DetachedS. Basically how Kevin described the old MC is how DetatchedS is.
Shaun
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

I don't remember so much n00b bashing on MC, and I joined a little while before Kevin did.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

I remember it, it wasnt as bad as on DS, but I remember that lot of people got bashed, including me, when I was n00b. But it was like more than one year ago, after that this wasnt happening much anymore
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

I still know the old days, when PlainNJ and I ruled the board, and we were supposed to get our MC hats... I miss those days :cry:
ISUCK
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by ISUCK »

haha, i remember when you "left" and we were clamoring about how funny your avatar was :lol:
Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

n00b bashing? *gulp*
Life is getting better.
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

I dont remember n00b bashing? I came sometime after Dys...cuz I met him over at Drubu for the first time...I believe the first thing he ever said to me was "Wow, that looks a bit like Duke Nukem." :wink:
The Revolution is here...
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

I've been here since the board started and I really can't remember n00b bashing. I was happily suprised by the fact that the people on our board we're so friendly and feared the fact that hyperactive youngsters could show up and mess it all up. Well they showed up and we aren't extremely friendly anymore but still friendly I think.
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

n00b bashing was done by only a few people (probably two or three). I remember T-nm saying that EOF graphics (and RL1) sucked compared to Desolate or such things, but this most likely happened during one month or two, I think. But that was in the old days I was more n00bish...
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Kevin wrote:n00b bashing was done by only a few people (probably two or three). I remember T-nm saying that EOF graphics (and RL1) sucked compared to Desolate or such things, but this most likely happened during one month or two, I think. But that was in the old days I was more n00bish...
Yeah, I remember you posting 6 or 7 topics a day... man, that was really irritating me... and I had a cool sig back than 8)
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Too bad there wasnt an option on IB that showed how many topic I created since I registered. I'm sure this was about 100 :) , I was much like ComputerWiz, but instead of just posting in alerady existing topics I was posting new ones :lol:

I also remember when I had my teletubbies avatar :lol: