VTI Help

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

MooK

VTI Help

Post by MooK »

Um, so I have VTI and I transferred files from my calc to the VTI (by loading them to the comp then dragging them onto the screen.) These two files contain the beginings of a sample sprite I am working on in Basic. It is all basic. So I tried running the programs from the VTI, and it crashes... Evil or Very Mad
One actually returns the number 2, but then when I run it again it crashes. They are small programs, no more than 150K total. Is there something I am doing wrong?
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

does it use archive memory?

VTI cannot emulate archive memory. to do that you have to use Flash Debugger
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
MooK

Post by MooK »

It is unarchived :cry:
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

make sure the program actually works on the real calc. Also make sure you have sent all the game file to VTI.

Do you gfet any error message?
MooK

Post by MooK »

I made the programs myself so I am sure I am sending all the required files. Yes, indeed it does work on my Ti-83 plus. One file, when trying to use it on the VTI, displays the number 2. Since it is my program, I know there is nothing in it that would display 2, the progam creates graphics on the graph window. Then the master program which allows the graphics to be moved around by key presses, this program just freezes up the VTI, and then I have to right click the VTI, and exit manually. Also, I noticed when I press second mem then 2 the screen freezes up.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

I guess you are using ROM 1.07. Press 2nd+MEM then press 1 to see the version. You need 1.12 (google it)
lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

No, he's using 1.12, because I gave it too him.
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

The memory management screen WILL freeze the emulator up since it's trying to poll the archive, which won't work. (In reality, if you have a properly cleaned ROM dump with nothing in the archive, you'll be fine, but ANYTHING in the archive will probably cause a lockup, and you can't delete it without getting another ROM dump.)
ImageImage
MooK

Post by MooK »

Yeah I think I understand the whole archive thing now, thanks.

:shock: I found out why the program won't work...it essentially starts with a Text() statement, but for some reason VTI can't handle those...
MooK

Post by MooK »

Ok no that is not it. That cannot be it. Could the problem be that the actual rom has archived data in it? When I load up VTI after clearing the mem, there are a bunch of archived programs in there. How would I get rid of those without rom dumping again?

*Edit* :shock: Oh man do I feel dumb...I can just unarchive them...I thought that since there is no archive on the VTI that those programs didn't really exist. I am now currently unarchiving everything, so hopefully that will fix everything. Btw, is there a command to delete a program without going through 2nd Mem stuff?
Last edited by MooK on Mon 28 Mar, 2005 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Back up your program on a computer, reset all your calculator memory (RAM and archive), then rom dump
MooK

Post by MooK »

Rawr. This is not working. There is nothing in the archive anymore! The problem is with the text command. I tried inputing text(0,0,"3 on the home screen, and VTI just froze up. Does anyone know why?

*Edit* When I input text(0,0,"B") VTI doesn't freeze, but the letter B appears on the home screen... :evil:
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Maybe delete VTI from your computer, then redownload it from ticalc.org, or use TI-83+ Flash Debugger
MooK

Post by MooK »

Tried reinstalling, no avail. Is the flash debugger that thing you can only download from the offical ti site?
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

I just did

Code: Select all

PROGRAM:AAAA
:Text(0,0,"B
and it worked just fine for me (VTI 2.5, ROM 1.12).
ImageImage