House Creator

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

I still think it should be classified as a game in some way, because you can have fun making the house then you show it to your friends :) and its very cool
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
Dragonwarrior333

Post by Dragonwarrior333 »

Heck who knows, I might make a game with it or maybe insted of screen by screen scrolling i could have a grayscale character move around the house.
Thats just an idea though :D

koolmansam375 I know this games not "fun" for you but here is the definition:

game(game)
1. noun An activity with rules that can be played by one or more people , as in a game of tennis or a computer game.
2. noun Wild animals, including birds that are hunted for sport and food. Phesants and rabbits are two types of game.
3.adjective If you are game to do somthing you are willing to go ahead with it.
4.adjective Spirited and determined. >adverb gamely

Now show me where it says what a fun game is? Does it say it is an rpg? Does it say it has to have a main character? Does it say my game isnt? Does it even say a game has to be fun?

So does that mean that my game is as much of a game as Mario, Pheonix or maybe even, dare I say it, Pongwars :shock: :shock: :shock:

So do I think my game is a game? Yes I do and there are people out there who I knew would not like this game because of their lack of patience and creativity but that does not mean its not a game.

I was not trying to affend anyone in this post, just prove a point :D

Ps: just if you didn't know, these questions are retorical!!!
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Basically somebody is not allowed to say a game is not good unless he release something better :) and I think your game is good (now I want it to be finished :D )
koolmansam375
Extreme Poster

Post by koolmansam375 »

i dont want to be a bitch but where did you get that definition? Thats not what answers.com/dictionary.com says is the definition of game! Neither does Merriam-Webster! http://www.answers.com/game&r=67 !

Well I dont really care seeing as i am probably not going to play this "game". I just wanted to give you some feedback as to this cant really be classified as a game.

This will be my last post in this topic. Good day and good luck :) .

Pongwars shall live!

blog is down atm. :-(
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

tr1p1ea wrote:koolmansam375 dont be so negative, we dont need that kidn of attitude in here. I was VERY tempted to delete your post because it was nothing but counter-productive.

If you cant portray your critisisims in a constructive manner, dont portray them at all.
you should delete all of them.

@koolsmansam375: I dont think that destructive criticism is a good idea. Try to put yourself into the programmer who is programming this game (or whatever you call it) who hear this not-so-much-but-almost-flame-reply. You and we should stop this. If this a project die it will probably all your fault and lot of other ppl want this game to come out!
Last edited by DJ_O on Wed 20 Apr, 2005 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MetalHead25
Extreme Poster

Post by MetalHead25 »

lloydkirk1989 wrote:Sounds Cool.. :)
I have some Screenshots but i need to have them hosted!

If anyone knows a better way to take screenshots other than using Flash Debugger
This is a good temporary host.

If you're using Omnicalc in your program, then your stuck with Flash Debugger. Otherwise, it would be better to use VTI and Calcapture.
he can also use tilem
I WORSHIP THOSE WHO LIKE METAL

'MY OTHER RIDE IS YOUR MOM....'
ImageJeff Hanneman-Slayer (1991 Black Magic Video)
merthsoft
Extreme Poster

Post by merthsoft »

Forget what Koolman says, just keep making your game, how's it commin' anyway?
Shaun
MetalHead25
Extreme Poster

Post by MetalHead25 »

SO, what exactly IS the point of the game? u build a house and what next?

Dragonwarrior333

@Merthsoft: Games going fine I have finished the main part, the intro, deleted the map prog (I used {16,24}->dim [A]) In the greyscale I have made some grayscale sprites but have not yet completed the scrolling. The game is almost done :D :D :D
Also there is the easter egg.......:wink:

@MetalHead25: I am already using Flash Debugger though. And about the game if you RTT you would know that you build a house and put it in the grayscale mode and show them and trade them (Hmm might put in a house trade feature... :) )

@koolsmansam375: If you still read this post I got the deffinition in a dictionary at my house not the computer. Also sometimes the wording maybe different but they should all mean the same thing.

@Kevin: Thanks for backing me up :D Maybe I got too carried away in my reply though :oops: But for me one person wont make me stop the project, as long as there are people out there that like it and the author likes his project the poject will live on!

@tr1p1ea: Thanks for also having my back :D And thanks for doing your job monitoring my posts :worship:

Ps: I probably wont have any more screen shots until the game comes out because im practically done with the first part and then will work on the grayscale :x .
MetalHead25
Extreme Poster

Post by MetalHead25 »

so? can't u just switch?
it supports apps

DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

MetalHead25 wrote:so? can't u just switch?
it supports apps
Hmm I can't seem to understand your post, could you clarify it a bit more?
Dragonwarrior333

@MetalHead25:I agree with kevin, I really could not understand what you said that you "switch". Do you mean between the map progam and {16,24}->dim [A] :?: Because if you are then im going with {16,24}->dim [A] because it takes up alot less memory and lets you start from scratch :D

But if thats not what you ment then could you please explain it to me?

The game is still being worked on just trying to make another 8x8 sprite program on the calc (Kevin yours inspired me :D). Mine will look like the omnliclc font editor (The one made for the calc) and might be able to show it the big view, 16x16, and the 8x8.

Ps: Kevin I was looking at your program and I noticed you used letters as parts of your strings could you explain how your string storing works, or is it top secret :wink: . Because its alot better thn using 1s and 0s :x.
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

progress?
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

Is there any chance you might add some 'needs' like in the Sims as well as at least one little person?
Dragonwarrior333

Hmm I might add a character but where would I put it (Builder or greyscale program) :?:
If I add it to the greyscale ill have to not put in the screen by screen scrolling..........

Progress:
Well I havent been working on it for awhile, just on other small programs like the 8x8 sprite editor and the randon 16x16 random mirror (It makes a 8x16 and then mirrors it across and it looks really cool :D )
The project isnt dead but I really want to finish my small projects. :x

But for the record, how do you upload programs?
Also,
Ps: Kevin I was looking at your program and I noticed you used letters as parts of your strings could you explain how your string storing works, or is it top secret :wink: . Because its alot better thn using 1s and 0s :x .
Kevin do you have an answer?

PS.(Or would that be PPS :roll: ) The 8x8 sprite creator now shows the demo as a 16x16, I might not work on a 8x8 preview because the 16x16 preview had more than a 3 line algorithim and it took me awhile to do it.

Also is there a pxl line tool on the calculator like line( only it takes pxl cordinates instead of pt ???