House Creator

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Dragonwarrior333

Post by Dragonwarrior333 »

Hello
Im sorry for the double post but I would really like it if someone could answer my questions in my previous post (See above :D )

My to do list

1) Put in the easter egg imput thingy

2) Put in the final size of the map in the whole program (I still havent done that :oops: )

3) Put in the scrolling in the grey scale viewer.

4) Finish all the grey scale sprites :x :x :x (I have about 1/4 of them done)

5) Release the game

6) Work on my rpg project...

Also I really wish that someone could reply to this post and answer my questions
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Dragonwarrior333 wrote:Hmm I might add a character but where would I put it (Builder or greyscale program) :?:
If I add it to the greyscale ill have to not put in the screen by screen scrolling..........

Progress:
Well I havent been working on it for awhile, just on other small programs like the 8x8 sprite editor and the randon 16x16 random mirror (It makes a 8x16 and then mirrors it across and it looks really cool :D )
The project isnt dead but I really want to finish my small projects. :x

But for the record, how do you upload programs?
Also,
Ps: Kevin I was looking at your program and I noticed you used letters as parts of your strings could you explain how your string storing works, or is it top secret :wink: . Because its alot better thn using 1s and 0s :x .
Kevin do you have an answer?

PS.(Or would that be PPS :roll: ) The 8x8 sprite creator now shows the demo as a 16x16, I might not work on a 8x8 preview because the 16x16 preview had more than a 3 line algorithim and it took me awhile to do it.

Also is there a pxl line tool on the calculator like line( only it takes pxl cordinates instead of pt ???
Well I dont recommend strings if you are going to use grayscale because map loading will take at leasat 20 seconds but if you decide to use them anyway letters in strings work a bit similar than digits. If thechaaracter is a "E" for example it will display a wall, if its a "H" it will display a ladder, etc. They are extremly complicated to use though

Use Pxl-on(, Pxl-off, pxl-change instead of pt-on, pt-off and pt-change because they take the same coordinatew than text( and its faster. Unfortunately there is no line( command that use pxl coordinate :(
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Of course you can use coordinates from 0 to 94, and 0 to 62 for coords with Line(! That's what Senilym and Tankies do! :D You have to set Xmin to 0, Xmax to 94, Ymin to -62, and Ymax to 0. Reason why Ymin would be -62 and Ymax would be 0 is because to have 0,0 at the top left, you'd have to be in the 4th quadrant of the cartesian plane, so Y coords are negative and X are positive; -62 is smallest number allowed, 0 is maximum.

So whenever you use Line( you'd use coordinates as usual except make sure the Y coords are negative. And instead of adding positive numbers, you'd be subtracting positive or adding negative. Get it? 8)

Example code:

Code: Select all

0->Xmin:94->Xmax
-62->Ymin:0->Ymax
For(I,0,94
Line(I,0,I,-62
End
For(I,0,62
Line(0,-I,94,-I,0
End
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

I imagine he uses characters because that way you can have more than 10 types of sprites.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
Dragonwarrior333

Hello

@DarkAuron: I had alreadl known about the window thing but hated to use negatives because you have to change the code so you subtract a negative and so on :x ....

Well the LAST things stand

Greyscale sprites :x

Greyscale scrolling

----------------------------

PS: If I post some code can you guys give me a little optimization help (Most of the things are because the speed is kinda slow :( ) because this game is almost done :shock:

PPS: My new rpg might be a Dragon Warrior one
merthsoft
Extreme Poster

Post by merthsoft »

I'll help optimize, though Kevin and Dys could probably do better...
Shaun
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Altough I have issues understanding other people code I might not be great help, but who knows, maybe I'll find some stuff to optimise

*waits the code*
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
DarkerLine
Calc Wizard

Post by DarkerLine »

Dragonwarrior333 wrote:Hello

@DarkAuron: I had alreadl known about the window thing but hated to use negatives because you have to change the code so you subtract a negative and so on :x ....
Not at all, just do

Code: Select all

Pxl-On(A,B
Pxl-Off(C,D
Line(F,-E,H,-G
or something like that.
just try to be nice to people.

Hello, I feel pretty stupid bringing this topic back to life but I heard a comment yesterday that got me thinking. The coment was that less than half of the games on Maxcoderz get fully completed. I thoght about it and, not that really anyone cares, but the game has been done for well ........... about May of last year :oops: .

I never released it because:

1) It was three programs (Which could be put together) the old Xlib program, and omnicalc.

2) It was so horibly s.......l......o.......w ( Not optimized )

3) I was too lazy to host it.

I was thinking of using Kerm's "file decoder thingy" :roll: to see my code because I hate to look at code on calc to see if I can optimize it more.

PS: I still program but I have expanded to learn HTML, VB, some C++ (Allegro), and might start JAVA
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Hey, nice *bump* :).

There is a newer version of xLIB out that does a LOT more stuff than the one you probably used ... it is due to be released soon.

Im sure there are a few people who wouldnt mind helping you with regards to optimisation.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Yep like tr1p. said I would be willing to help with the optimizing. You will need to convert to the new xlib if you want, or just get your code optimized and release it at ticalc.org . Wellcome back!
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Argh, I am making a basic Animal Crossing. Oh well, maybe we can learn from each other.
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

What does you making Animal Crossing have to do with this?

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Well, Animal Crossing includes a house maker.
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

what about fishing? It'd be neat to see rip the zelda link's awakening one on calc...