Smash Bros Brawl

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

don't make a release date until you can keep it
Those release dates aren't really made by the developers though. If its not delayed, theres a better chance that it was forced out the door rather than baked properly. Not that all games not delayed are crap or that games that are delayed significantly are good.
tr1p1ea wrote: im glad to see the media go for gameplay over graphics for a change this year.
Kinda had to, some of the more "epic" games released this year were big let downs. That and ofcourse timing seems to be a pretty big key in this.
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

Homestar wrote: _________U R
_________MR
_________GAY
* Does a spit take *
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

A whole lot's happened lately including SSBB being released in Japan.

Modes of SSBB

Recent videos
Image Image Image Homestar just earned .75 maxcoins for this post.
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

My new Smash Bros catchphrases...

Marth
"I kill with extreme mirth!"

R.O.B:
"You just got ROBBED!"

Toon Link
"Ooooh! Right in the wind waker!"

...still working on others. :)
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
thegamefreak0134
Extreme Poster

Post by thegamefreak0134 »

I don't know if I announced this a while back, but I go to Digipen (DIT) in Redmond. My school is catered toward Video Game design (Which is exactly the reason my Pokemon Project has not had any updates for a while, the coursework here is intense) and is basically the top floor of NOA. Yes, I kid you not, I attend Nintendo University.

Because of this, a lot of my classmates get to test nintendo stuff, and I have some info. The main cause of the delay to march 9th in America (and not in Japan) was due to bugs found in testing. (An example I was given: Think "Black Hole Glitch" using 30+ Mr. Saturns. Those kinds of bugs.) These were discovered by the North American testing teams, but by the time they were found, Nintendo of Japan was already releasing shipments to stores. Some of the bugs were bad, game-crashing bugs too. So from what I can tell, the other language releases are getting debugged a lot before release. The good news is that the game will be much more stable. The better news is, the Japanese version will be able to do freaky stuff, adding to it's value if you manage to import a copy.

Just thought I'd let you know.

On a side note, I personally plan to main Sonic to build up my reflexes, and I plan to train with Marth and Fox (My current mains) and R.O.B. (just because.)

-thegamefreak
I'm not mad, just a little crazy.

DarkNova - a little side project I run.